Paris Climate Pact

Marshfield related issues.
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
Eric K
Transient
Transient

Paris Climate Pact

Post by Eric K » Jun Sat 03, 2017 7:41 am

President Trump decided to pull out of this pact and it appears this pact was costing the U.S. taxpayer a fortune.
According to news reports Gov. Baker wants to still participate in climate pact..
Does this mean Gov. Baker will be using state tax dollars to fund the climate pact or at least use state tax dollars to allow the state the be an active participant in pact?

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Re: Paris Climate Pact

Post by bobkat » Jun Wed 07, 2017 3:08 pm

Eric K you state that Paris Climate Pact is cost the U.S. taxpayer a fortune. Could please explain .Does that mean if I don't pay taxes this pact is not costing me anything. Just for the record no person or country pays anything to belong to is pact. So enlighten me and others please.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Jun Wed 07, 2017 6:46 pm

Bobcat,

Going off what I have read and watched in the news the U.S. has paid approx. 1 billion dollars to this pact with a pledge to pay 3 billion over some time. This payment was supposedly made before President Obama left office.
If you don't pay taxes then yes I would agree that it does not cost you a dime.
Those countries that signed on to the pact have the OPTION to pay into it. According to what has been broadcasted President Obama voluntarily has funded the pact.
If you have another source that says otherwise please let me know.
Though the pact has a voluntary option to pay into it I would have concerns at the state level that Gov. Charlie Baker may feel the need to make payment(s) into it for whatever reason.
I would like assurances that we are not using any tax dollars to pay into this fund as Gov. Charlie Baker seems so compelled to honor the pact.
Look forward to your response.

Swamp Yankee
Resident
Resident

Post by Swamp Yankee » Jun Thu 08, 2017 9:05 am

When the Obama administration finalized the agreement in December 2015, it committed $3 billion to the United Nations’ Green Climate Fund, which is meant to help countries meet their targets. Only $1 billion of that has been paid out, and the Trump administration won’t sign off on any further payments.

In fact, the president specifically cited that fund and its reliance on U.S. cash as key reasons for pulling out of the deal.

“So we’re going to be paying billions and billions and billions of dollars, and we’re already way ahead of anybody else. Many of the other countries haven’t spent anything, and many of them will never pay one dime,” Mr. Trump said in his Rose Garden address last week. “America is $20 trillion in debt. And yet, under the Paris Accord, billions of dollars that ought to be invested right here in America will be sent to the very countries that have taken our factories and our jobs away from us. So think of that.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... ns-wealth/

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Jun Thu 08, 2017 10:58 am

Yeah, just another world wide 'redistribution' of your cash...

Moonbeam jerry wants to pick up the slack and send some mega $$$ to China so as they can get started pulling their pollution back say in 2030...
They giggled at him straight away!!! :lol: figures

I'm glad that this will count against the busted budget of California rather than using American dollars...
Why not send China some calexo california 'sanctuary city' cash?? They will gladly take it...
Then who will protect the bad guys, eh moonbeans??

The Trump saves us a bundle and what does he get?? More melted wet soggy meadow muffins in his hair, a whole lotta nuttin...
Sure is coming down around their ears... On to glory miss lube rack, bolt neck, and maxine... IMPEACH IMPEACH IMPEACH
:lol: check this out: https://www.msgo.com/threads/ms-lube-rack.80298/
Whats it all going to cost the original good liberal kids who have been royally sucked in to that long black train??
This is truly alarming...

Eh!! It's all they got, meadow pies riding on sling shots... Go to school and lose your chance to speak!!! go marxy

Moods and magic, take a break... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyRZTAmcW7c

So where shall we spend eternity??
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Jun Thu 08, 2017 3:26 pm

In regards to California, the Chinese as well as George S. will probably be the biggest benefactors as where will those solar panels be coming from? I am sure it's not this country.
Globalization, it only benefits the ultra rich while it makes the rest of us beg.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Jun Thu 08, 2017 5:01 pm

Who is George S and what does he have to do with the Paris Climate Pact? :roll:

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Jun Fri 09, 2017 8:01 am

Who is George S and what does he have to do with the Paris Climate Pact? :roll:
I'm guessing that is globalist, George Soros, who invented Global Warming then got Al Gore to sell it.
http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/17/soros ... l-warming/
Not sure what part Soros took in creating the Paris Climate Act but nothing, except maybe Hillary's election, would have played better to his agenda.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a related note: State senator Jamie Eldridge's bill to turn Massachusetts into a Soros like globalist state is up for debate before the state senate today. Yes, the two issues are related.

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Jun Fri 09, 2017 6:04 pm

Yep, chairman mao is really giving a hummina hummina on this one!! :idea: :shock: :lol:

Let's be fare... Even as we crash and burn...
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...