John F Davis former proprietor of the yet unopened Ocean View Grille at the Fairview

Marshfield related issues.
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
arastus
Visitor
Visitor

Re: John F Davis former proprietor of the yet unopened Ocean View Grille at the Fairview

Post by arastus » Jun Fri 02, 2017 1:49 pm

Seahag, yes the change of management name was in the Ledger 5/7, not "if" as you imply. And getting what I want is respect by a business of our right to live in our homes happily and peacefully without complying to a residential business wishes on their right to exist at our expense. And in the Brant Rock area, name me one other dining facility the size of the Fairview in a resident environment wanting late hours and entertainment.

Seahag
Tourist
Tourist

Re: John F Davis former proprietor of the yet unopened Ocean View Grille at the Fairview

Post by Seahag » Jun Thu 08, 2017 8:51 pm

Why are you so angry? I'm not on the Board of Selectmen who opposed you and your neighbor's requests. I don't know what the PLedger's legal ad wrote but if you say it had a different named Manager than the Marshfield Mariner's legal ad wrote, I think that is a problem.
I am not a resident of Brant Rock, but do know that Haddad's, The Jetty, the Venus,( and for many years Arthur and Pat's) exist in a neighborhood, and that the Fairview has been a restaurant for over 50 years, which you probably knew when you bought your home. The Bridgeway restaurant in the Humarock section is in the middle of a residential neighborhood with a very high priced subdivision of homes directly behind their parking lot and there doesn't seem to be a problem.
I hope you and your neighbors and abutters will attend the meeting being planned for this coming Sunday at the Fairview Inn, and I hope you will listen. And, you will have a chance to appear at the liquor license hearing scheduled for next Monday night and to voice your objections. What's done is done. Let's move forward.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Jun Fri 09, 2017 9:20 am

Seahag wrote:
Jun Thu 08, 2017 8:51 pm
Why are you so angry?
I hope you and your neighbors and abutters will attend the meeting being planned for this coming Sunday at the Fairview Inn, and I hope you will listen. And, you will have a chance to appear at the liquor license hearing scheduled for next Monday night and to voice your objections. What's done is done. Let's move forward.
WHO COULD BE ANGRY??

What gives citizens the RIGHT to be angry - about ANY of the LIES and DECEPTIVE practices of our "leaders" in town hall?

WHO could be angry?

It's a WORLDWIDE phenomena. Let 'authorities' and 'leaders' screw you over - and then make up excuses for them. Cognitive dissonance. Doublespeak. Whatever you want to call it.
See youtube link. WARNING: explicit language and sexual references.

https://youtu.be/ffHUG5rv1Mo
Why do so many officials FEAR and kowtow to the Marshfield Airport gang?

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Jun Fri 09, 2017 5:56 pm

Slavic Joe S. ended up calling them ' his useful little idiots '.. Some tings never change...

So how's the local effort going to become responsible??? Think it starts right here??

Respect is diving ( plummeting ) for the current ruling bedowins of democracy ...
Opportunities endless for real leaders as our Phoenix rises...

New days dawning!! Never thought i'd see it !!!

Everybody wants a box of chocolates https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IfmiKnZi3E
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...

arastus
Visitor
Visitor

Post by arastus » Jun Sat 10, 2017 9:12 am

Yes, we'll be at the meeting, just like we were at all the others, and ignored. Your Examples: Haddads closes at 9 many nights 10 otherwise, The Venus and Jetty are self labeled. "sports bars", not fine dining and open until 1 AM. Arthur and Pats, breakfast joint....and all situated in the Esplanade...like downtown Marshfield, a light business area. And again, it's not about a restaurant, it was abut Mr. John F. Davis and his long history of professional abuse. I don't mind people parking on the street as previously mentioned, if that's OK with the town. I mind them parking on my front lawn, I mind them parking in my driveway, I mind them obstructing my ability to enter and exit my driveway. (And I maintain that you can not park on the street, Bradford St, anyway adjoining the Fairview, despite what the town OK's, without parking on neighbor's property and still have an open thoroughfare.) Yes, a restaurant was here, yes we knew it but that doesn't give the restaurant the right to impinge on and cause the neighbors to adjust to their right to exist, just so the restaurant can conduct business as they see fit. It's called "give and take", we can live with that philosophy......"we give, they take" not so much. Finally, don't attack with names, AKA the Wizard, than accuse me of being angry...seriously? Look at my posts, disprove or discredit anything I have said regarding this matter, it's all public record find one statement where I have attacked anyone, other than Mr. John F. Davis before your name calling. Yes I'm angry, among other less than creditable business decisions, the guy made an attempt to BLOW UP the neighborhood by his actions, generating a police response and reports, and was allowed to remain as a "businessman" for another year! It's ridiculous!

Seahag
Tourist
Tourist

Post by Seahag » Jun Sat 10, 2017 3:05 pm

I apologize to you for calling you 'the wizard'. I was curious about your screen name, arastus, and looked it up on google, and found that arastus was a character in a Rick Riordan book series, and he was the wizard, ergo, I thought you might think likewise of yourself, which is fine.
I honestly think that if you and your neighborhood abutters go to this meeting on Sunday, you will be heard. You are not asking for the moon. You were not asking for the moon at the 1st liquour license hearing either, but the selectmen chose to not listen. I don't think this will happen again. It sounds like an olive branch is being extended by the new management team at the Fairview. Everyone wants this to work out for the best.

arastus
Visitor
Visitor

Post by arastus » Jun Fri 16, 2017 9:53 am

Good Morning! As I am sure everyone who is interested is now aware, The Fairview will be opening soon. No problem, no fuss, no muss....both sides met last week ironing out issues of concern prior to the Board of Selectmen hearing this past Monday, 6/12 in order to have the meeting less confrontational....it worked! Concessions made and agreed upon by both sides, give and take, if you will. As previously stated, it was never about the restaurant. To reiterate, the restaurant was not closed for 1 minute during these last 21 months as the result of any action put forth by neighbors or abutters, despite the name calling directed at them through various media sources by others. It was always about Mr. John F. Davis, poorly vetted by both the Board and building owner as regards his financial status, past business dealings and litigation history. I'm sure by now, he has long forgotten this venture and moved on to other unscrupulous dealings in another community....his history. However, at the end of this rainbow, he has finally generated a felony litigation case instituted by one of his more aggressive victims. May this PIG get everything he deserves to make his life miserable as he has done to others for years.

Jackster
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Jackster » Jun Fri 16, 2017 11:00 am

What is the proposed parking/traffic solution?

arastus
Visitor
Visitor

Post by arastus » Jun Fri 16, 2017 11:25 am

Professional valet parking service, overflow Arthur and Pats parking lot in Esplanade. Deviations from that will be discussed with management and/or town. I can see issues with that plan, since it is flooded a certain amount of the time during the year. We compromised, go from there.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Jun Fri 16, 2017 11:59 am

Jackster wrote:
Jun Fri 16, 2017 11:00 am
What is the proposed parking/traffic solution?
Your house!!! :lol:

Jackster
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Jackster » Jun Fri 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Haha Carson, love ya. =))

Seahag
Tourist
Tourist

Post by Seahag » Jun Fri 16, 2017 4:54 pm

Nice of you to acknowledge that the neighbors and the new management team and the BOS have reached an amicable agreement. It was good to see a positive response from you. Y'all looked happy leaving the meeting on Monday night.
See, I told ya! Let's all enjoy the summer and the new dining options in our beautiful seaside town.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Jun Fri 16, 2017 7:13 pm

Hey, carson-
Uber is competition to taxis with 'medallions.'
Why can't Jackster start a valet service for the Fairview?

arastus: you of all should know that the heavens revolve around our town officials and their handlers.

And, all goodness, including the very rising and setting of the sun is because of our officials. Some of these officials are even "beloved." At the same time all blame for any impediments to "progress" is attributed to the peon naysayers. (See: airport expansion, 40B's, town MARINA (harbormaster shack"), etc.

The only thing that town bullies (officials) understand is the threat of force AKA, litigation.

You folks have this capability.

I also think that the Clancys are not bad people so - the likelihood of working things out was always there.

But alas,
The Fairview or any other commercial enterprise will never be a good fit for that area. Too congested.

Make the best of it and keep an eye on things. You have the support of others that understand encroachment on our peace and serenity and quality of life.
Why do so many officials FEAR and kowtow to the Marshfield Airport gang?

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?