Chris Nilan

Sox, Pats, B's, Celts, Revs, Rams, etc...
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Chris Nilan

Post by Carson » Nov Sun 25, 2012 10:07 am

Interesting story of turning his life around and in turn helping kids with bullying.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/201 ... story.html

lost cause
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Re: Chris Nilan

Post by lost cause » Nov Sun 25, 2012 4:29 pm

“I wasn’t a bully,” said Nilan, flexing his arthritic fingers, one of which is missing a knuckle, and another that was nearly bitten off. “The fact of the matter is, I stuck up for my teammates. I wasn’t a bully, I was a defender. I defended my smaller teammates.”
What was he defending when he did this? a high stick to the mouth of Bruins star Rick Middleton.
America Built by Heroes, Ruined by Liberals

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'

Fergudi
Resident
Resident

Post by Fergudi » Nov Sun 25, 2012 5:08 pm

lost cause wrote:
“I wasn’t a bully,” said Nilan, flexing his arthritic fingers, one of which is missing a knuckle, and another that was nearly bitten off. “The fact of the matter is, I stuck up for my teammates. I wasn’t a bully, I was a defender. I defended my smaller teammates.”
What was he defending when he did this? a high stick to the mouth of Bruins star Rick Middleton.
He admits regret for that. Not many ever admit their faults.

lost cause
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by lost cause » Nov Sun 25, 2012 6:18 pm

Fergudi wrote:
lost cause wrote:
He admits regret for that. Not many ever admit their faults.
As a player he was a punk, that is the only reason he was in the NHL in the first place. When you have 251 career NHL fights you aren't just sticking up for your teammates.
America Built by Heroes, Ruined by Liberals

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'

Mulligan
Transient
Transient

Post by Mulligan » Nov Mon 26, 2012 9:04 am

Punk or not, Chris Nilan deserves credit for turning his life around and for reaching out to kids by trying to get them to do the right thing when it comes to bullying, etc. While he can't undo his past it's that same personal history that gives him the credibility he needs to connect with his audiences.