A Devastating Loss For My Favorite Columnist.

Sox, Pats, B's, Celts, Revs, Rams, etc...
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
cmhop
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Location: I am in Penalty Box, I feel shame. Orwell would be proud.

A Devastating Loss For My Favorite Columnist.

Post by cmhop » Jan Wed 30, 2008 7:50 am

Pray for the Ryan Family

Heartbroken columnist doubts report of sons murder

By Mike Underwood
Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - Updated 4h ago

E-mail Printable (3) Comments Text size Share (5) Rate
The devastated father of U.S. diplomat Keith Ryan described his sons death in Pakistan as a troubling mystery, as new reports suggest he may have been murdered, after official reports indicated it was a suicide.

Everyone is devastated. I am well aware of these reports and we are very concerned about that. (But) we have no reason at this time to doubt the official version, said Bob Ryan, 61, a top Boston Globe sports columnist from Hingham.

U.S. officials said Keith Ryan, 37, a Homeland Security attache to the U.S. embassy in Islamabad, apparently died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head Monday morning, just hours before he was to fly home after a year in the troubled country.

But medical sources in Islamabad dismissed the suicide theory, telling Pakistani news agencies the bullet hit the back of Ryans head and was fired from several feet away.

There is only an entry wound on the rear upper portion of his neck . . . there is no visible blackening of the entry wound (from gunpowder), indicating that the shot was fired from the distance of more than four feet, the source at the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences told The News of Pakistan.

Bob Ryan said of the contradictory reports, It is disturbing, but understandable given the geopolitics of the area. We are looking for resolution, but we are a ways from that.

Keith Ryan was a father of 8-year-old triplets, Conor, John and Amelia, who live with his wife Kate in Silver Spring, Md.

Bob Ryan described his son as an adventurous, strong, self-sufficient man.

He was extremely buoyant, had a very lively personality. He was aggressive, strong, opinionated and humorous. He was always very sure of himself and that was true from an early age, said Ryan.

He always liked cops and robbers and was an extreme patriot so it was no surprise that he went into law and order and went to work for the government.

Ryan said he wasnt surprised his son ended up in one of the worlds most dangerous countries.

I knew hed end up in a hot spot, said Ryan. I was concerned about his safety every day. Islamabad got worse and worse, particularly after the Bhutto assassination. It was getting to the point where I thought, -“Please, lets get him out of there. 

(3) Comments | Post / Read Comments
EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO BE STUPID!! BUT THERE ARE SOME... THAT DEFINITELY ABUSE IT!!