No Class Indy Fans

Sox, Pats, B's, Celts, Revs, Rams, etc...
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
cmhop
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Location: I am in Penalty Box, I feel shame. Orwell would be proud.

No Class Indy Fans

Post by cmhop » Jan Sun 13, 2008 5:11 pm

Did anyone else notice at the beginning of the 4th quarter that they introduced the national winners of the Punt, Pass and Kick compitition?

When they introduced the little girl from New Hampshire representating the Patriots, the crowd booed her.

Nice touch, they deserve to lose.
EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO BE STUPID!! BUT THERE ARE SOME... THAT DEFINITELY ABUSE IT!!

Fergudi
Resident
Resident

Re: No Class Indy Fans

Post by Fergudi » Jan Sun 13, 2008 5:42 pm

I thought that I heard them boo her, but hoped I was mistaken.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Jan Sun 13, 2008 5:47 pm

I did see that and I thought the same thing.They are only children out there and none of those kids should be booed!!!They clapped for ALL the kids except for the girl from NH which they booed!

The funny thing is I was watching the pre-game stuff on Saturday and they were doing interviews from a Colts bar.All the patrons were hoping for a Pats loss.They all called the Patriots "classless!!" Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black???Who are the cheats when they feed the crowd noise back into the PA system???Even SD said they could not believe how loud the noise was,hum???Well,they got there's now didn't they???

KathieL711
Tourist
Tourist
facebook ID: Kathie.Lopes

Post by KathieL711 » Jan Mon 14, 2008 10:40 am

So, it wasn't just my imagination? I thought, "They can't be booing that little girl". My best case scenario on this was that something else was going on in the stadium that the crowd was reacting to.

They'd have to be the biggest jerks if they were actually booing a child just because they were from New England. :angry:

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Jan Mon 14, 2008 10:44 am

Oh,they were booing her alright,no mistake about it!She was representing the New England area with her Patriots shirt on.That's why the crowd booed her when her name was mentioned.All the other kids got cheered!!!

Prov12
Resident
Resident

Post by Prov12 » Jan Mon 14, 2008 2:45 pm

Well they can sit in there family rooms on Sunday wearing their colts jersy's booing all they want. There is always next year. :lol:

lost cause
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by lost cause » Jan Mon 14, 2008 2:57 pm

cmhop wrote:Did anyone else notice at the beginning of the 4th quarter that they introduced the national winners of the Punt, Pass and Kick compitition?

When they introduced the little girl from New Hampshire representating the Patriots, the crowd booed her.

Nice touch, they deserve to lose.
And if Mother Teresa showed up at Fenway in a Yankees shirt, she would be pelted with everything the fans could throw. Or if the little girl had shown up in Foxbourgh in a Jets jersey she would have been booed as well.
America Built by Heroes, Ruined by Liberals

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'

pat
Founder
Founder

Post by pat » Jan Wed 16, 2008 8:25 am

I just heard that Bob Kraft has invited the girl and her family to join him at the stadium on Sunday to watch the AFC Championship. She's also going to toss the coin before the game!

Gee - d'ya think she might get a few cheers from the New England fans?
:D

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Jan Wed 16, 2008 11:26 am

I heard what the Kraft's did for this girl last night on the local news stations.Nice gesture to her and her family.

The classless Colts fans got what they deserved.The weird thing was they had a boy standing there in a Chargers shirt,the team they were playing,and he didn't get booed!!If the whole stadium is going to boo kids on the shirts they wear,then you would think it would have been the SD kid???

Ian Dashner
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ian Dashner » Jan Wed 16, 2008 8:46 pm

Even the TMQ agrees and he's been a hater since tapegate.
Gregg Easterbrook wrote:Worst Crowd Response: The annual Punt, Pass and Kick winners were announced before the fourth quarter of the San Diego-Indianapolis game, and when a 15-year-old girl from New Hampshire was introduced as winner in her age group, the RCA Dome crowd booed because she was wearing a Patriots jersey. Indy fans -- you booed a kid! As pointed out by Jacob Skowronek of Somerville, Mass., among many readers, the football gods surely exacted vengeance upon the Colts.
There is only one road to human greatness:
through the school of hard knocks.
-- Albert Einstein

dtpfv3.0
Resident
Resident

Post by dtpfv3.0 » Jan Mon 21, 2008 10:16 am

pat wrote:I just heard that Bob Kraft has invited the girl and her family to join him at the stadium on Sunday to watch the AFC Championship. She's also going to toss the coin before the game!

Gee - d'ya think she might get a few cheers from the New England fans?
:D
The entire stadium gave her a huge standing ovation. She had a big old grin from ear to ear. I also heard that the Indy Motor Speedway did something for her family for the Indy 500 or something.
Knowledge is good - Emil Faber

Ian Dashner
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ian Dashner » Jan Mon 21, 2008 3:33 pm

Wow that's great of the Indy 500 people. Wonder if the Colts had anything to do with that bit of redemption???
There is only one road to human greatness:
through the school of hard knocks.
-- Albert Einstein

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Jan Mon 21, 2008 5:19 pm

From what I heard:it was after hearing the Kraft's inviting her for the coin toss and giving her whole family tickets to the game,that the Colts owner called the family and told them they were giving her tickets for the family to Indy.

pat
Founder
Founder

Post by pat » Jan Mon 21, 2008 5:32 pm

Kraft: "Oh yeah? Well, we're giving her tickets to the Superbowl!"
Colts: "Oh yeah? Well, we're giving her a Ferrari!"
Kraft: "Oh yeah? ..."

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Jan Mon 21, 2008 5:39 pm

I think it went more like:
Kraft:We're giving her this,that and some more Pats gear!Now what are you giving her??
Colts:Let me think,what do we have to give her?Oh,ya how bout Indy tickets?