MITCHELL REPORT

Sox, Pats, B's, Celts, Revs, Rams, etc...
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

MITCHELL REPORT

Post by Carson » Dec Wed 12, 2007 11:50 pm

Looks like tomorrow is the day we will finally get some names.They claim the list is about 80 players,former and present.

Stay tuned!!!

Pavel Checkov
Resident
Resident

Re: MITCHELL REPORT

Post by Pavel Checkov » Dec Thu 13, 2007 11:56 am

Rumored list:

Brady Anderson, Manny Alexander, Rick Ankiel, Jeff Bagwell, Barry Bonds, Aaron Boone, Rafaeil Bettancourt, Bret Boone, Milton Bradley, David Bell, Dante Bichette, Albert Belle, Paul Byrd, Wil Cordero, Ken Caminiti, Mike Cameron, Ramon Castro, Jose and Ozzie Canseco, Roger Clemens, Paxton Crawford, Wilson Delgado, Lenny Dykstra, Johnny Damon, Carl Everett, Kyle Farnsoworth, Ryan Franklin, Troy Glaus, Rich Garces, Jason Grimsley, Troy Glaus, Juan Gonzalez, Eric Gagne, Nomar Garciaparra, Jason Giambi, Jeremy Giambi, Jose Guillen, Jay Gibbons, Juan Gonzalez, Clay Hensley, Jerry Hairston, Felix Heredia, Jr., DarrenHolmes, Wally Joyner, Darryl Kile, Matt Lawton, Raul Mondesi, Mark McGwire, Guillermo Mota, Robert Machado, Damian Moss, Abraham Nunez, Trot Nixon, Jose Offerman, Andy Pettitte, Mark Prior, Neifi Perez, Rafael Palmiero, Albert Pujols, Brian Roberts Juan Rincon, John Rocker, Pudge Rodriguez, Sammy Sosa, Scott Schoenweiis, David Segui, Alex Sanchez, Gary Sheffield, Miguel Tejada, Julian Tavarez,Fernando Tatis, Maurice Vaughn, Jason Varitek, Ismael Valdez, Matt Williams, Kerry Wood

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Bridges » Dec Thu 13, 2007 1:13 pm

As you mention above, I also heard on the radio that Rocket Roger (no shock there :lol: ), Cro-Magnon (Johnny Damon :lol: ), and - GASP - Tek ( :( ) were on the list.

While I will reserve judgment until Tek answers the charge, if true, it would be profoundly disappointing. He's been my favorite player on the team for years - just a stand-up guy (who happens to crouch a lot).
Scituate BOS, BU Prof and scientist Rick Murray: The only real answer is retreat. I feel for these people...They inherited their house from their great grandmother or spent a lot of money to buy it. But...we are fighting a losing battle with the sea.

lost cause
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by lost cause » Dec Thu 13, 2007 2:02 pm

Bridges wrote:As you mention above, I also heard on the radio that Rocket Roger (no shock there :lol: ), Cro-Magnon (Johnny Damon :lol: ), and - GASP - Tek ( :( ) were on the list.

While I will reserve judgment until Tek answers the charge, if true, it would be profoundly disappointing. He's been my favorite player on the team for years - just a stand-up guy (who happens to crouch a lot).
I would imagine that quite a few of these guys were using HGH to recover for an injury as most of those players have seen a good amount of time on IR. If sticking a needle in my ass for a couple of years meant the next three generations of my family were financially set, I would do it in a minute.
America Built by Heroes, Ruined by Liberals

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'

Jackster
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Jackster » Dec Thu 13, 2007 2:08 pm

Download full Mitchell Report (pdf)......................

http://files.mlb.com/mitchrpt.pdf

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Bridges » Dec Thu 13, 2007 3:57 pm

lost cause wrote:If sticking a needle in my ass for a couple of years meant the next three generations of my family were financially set, I would do it in a minute.
Not an excuse. Lots of players get hurt. Part of the game. Playing should be a PRIVILEGE, not a right. Millions of the rest of us can only dream of walking in their shoes...and like it or not,being a role model is part and parcel of being a pro athlete. As is obeying the rules.

Lots of players do not use HGH or other verboten subtances. In fact, from what the TV reports said, a sizable majority do not. Abusing HGH is quite simply an unfair advantage, even if all it does is help you come back from injury.

But I guess now I gotta wade though the report to see what it really says...
Scituate BOS, BU Prof and scientist Rick Murray: The only real answer is retreat. I feel for these people...They inherited their house from their great grandmother or spent a lot of money to buy it. But...we are fighting a losing battle with the sea.

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Bridges » Dec Thu 13, 2007 5:43 pm

According to latest reports, no current Sox players (including Tek) were mentioned in the report (which makes me feel better).

Clemmons reportedly denied everything this afternoon.

sean collins
Transient
Transient

Post by sean collins » Dec Thu 13, 2007 6:59 pm

About half the guys on that report aren't even playing anymore. Also, many of them used HGH before it was banned. I am interested in how many active players are/have used steroids.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Dec Thu 13, 2007 7:13 pm

Of course Roger is going to deny everything because he doesn't want his records with asterisks next to them.
The most evidence they have is on the Yankees's players.From what I heard,the former Yankee trainer cooperated fully with the investigation.Mitchell said most people would not talk to him so he didn't get as much evidence on some players as others.

And some thought what Canseco told us about steriod use was all made up!!Just trying to sell books they said!Guess he's having the last laugh now!!

dtpfv3.0
Resident
Resident

Post by dtpfv3.0 » Dec Thu 13, 2007 8:45 pm

Bridges wrote:According to latest reports, no current Sox players (including Tek) were mentioned in the report (which makes me feel better).

I was so relieved when I heard that. There were a few marquis players from some Yankees World Series on the report. No marquis Sox.

I'm not surprised about Mo Vaughn. I bet he probably used HGH to heal his hip after he fell down the dugout steps in Anaheim.
Knowledge is good - Emil Faber

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Dec Thu 13, 2007 10:24 pm

Ok,my big surprise was Gagne on steriods!!
That must have been before he got with the Sox because I wouldn't put him in unless you had at least a 10 run lead!

I would not hold too much stock on who was on the list and who was not.I heard an interview tonight that Mitchell said one player came to talk to him personally to explain his personal situation that he ordered the steriods but didn't use them so Mitchell left him off the list!!!
I heard Conseco say tonight he is surprised the list is so small.I think Mitchell could not get the co-peration he needed to investigate so there are alot of players left off his list.He had no powers to get them to co-operate!

Ursa Major
Resident
Resident

Post by Ursa Major » Dec Thu 13, 2007 11:00 pm

Aw man,none of this surprises me one iota.

Though steroids/performance enhancing drugs are very new to North American sports(especially baseball)compared to the Europeans,the baseball players have been on them since the late 80's.Football,mid 70's but the NFL nipped that in the but quickly.My favorite Juice Monster in Baseball was Lenny Dykstra when he was with Philly.That guy was so freakin juiced(Muscle Bound) that he had trouble raising his arms to field a pop fly.Amyway,MLB takes a hit here but they are not alone.The NHL,those guys are on the bean big time.But nobody cares about hockey.NBA,there is juice there as well.It's everywhere.If you are an elite athlete trying to make it to the next level/ promised land chances are you will do a cycle.Or two or three.....

Jackster
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Jackster » Dec Thu 13, 2007 11:17 pm

ImageRoger Clemens

lost cause
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by lost cause » Dec Fri 14, 2007 8:12 am

Looking at some of the out right bums on this list, it does some what disprove the theory that you will get better by using performance enhancing drugs.

I am not sure I would have used the limited sources that they used on somebody like Clemens without more proof.

This report will have no effect as most of these players were nothings anyway, and none of this was against the rules before 2005.

The players the reports like will always get a pass, and the ones they don't like the a-hole Bonds will get killed.
America Built by Heroes, Ruined by Liberals

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'

marshreborn
Tourist
Tourist

Post by marshreborn » Dec Fri 14, 2007 9:01 am

dtpfv3.0 wrote:
Bridges wrote:According to latest reports, no current Sox players (including Tek) were mentioned in the report (which makes me feel better).

I was so relieved when I heard that. There were a few marquis players from some Yankees World Series on the report. No marquis Sox.

I'm not surprised about Mo Vaughn. I bet he probably used HGH to heal his hip after he fell down the dugout steps in Anaheim.
What did you expect. The person leading the investigation was an employee of the Red Sox. You really think he his going to tarnish his empoyer's World Series'. It is amazing that the only two people that talked were New York based people associated with New York teams. Just a crazy coincidence I guess.

Pavel Checkov
Resident
Resident

Post by Pavel Checkov » Dec Fri 14, 2007 9:08 am

More New England bashing...

http://community.comcast.net/comcastpor ... id=1045496
Upon releasing his findings on performance-enhancing drugs in baseball, George Mitchell insists that we must resist the temptation to focus on the players named in his report. So lets spotlight the players who arent.

Specifically, the Boston Red Sox.

The 20-month investigation that made up the Mitchell Report will continue to receive criticism for several reasons: (1) baseball didnt give the former senator subpoena power; (2) it contains mountains of secondary research; and (3) its primary evidence centers on information from two sourcesa former Mets clubhouse attendant (Kirk Radomski) and a former strength and conditioning coach (Brian McNamee).

But since baseball appointed someone who is also a director in the Red Sox front office, we must also question the integrity of this report.