Boston Bruins

Sox, Pats, B's, Celts, Revs, Rams, etc...
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
lost cause
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Re: Boston Bruins

Post by lost cause » Jan Sun 06, 2013 8:30 am

Realistically you are looking at the start on the 19th, as you still need to write this agreement up and get the players to vote, and then get all the players in Europe back so training camp will probably be on the 11th.

The Bruins have had 10 players playing in Europe which is good and they should be in mid season form. Bergeron, Krejci, Seguin have all been top scorers, and Bergeron was just unbelievable at the Spengler Cup.

If they are looking for Dougie Hamilton to produce he is going to have to drastically improve after a disastrous world juniors. Jordan Caron is not playing well in the AHL either.
America Built by Heroes, Ruined by Liberals

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Jan Sun 06, 2013 10:35 am

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Jan Sun 06, 2013 10:37 am

Key details in tentative NHL labor agreement
By The Associated Press
AP / January 6, 2013

A look at some of the key details from the tentative collective bargaining agreement announced by the NHL and the players’ association on Sunday morning:

— 10-year deal, and each side is able to opt out after eight.

— Free-agent contracts are limited to a maximum length of seven years, but clubs can go to eight years to re-sign their own players.

— Players’ share of hockey-related income drops from 57 percent to a 50-50 split.

— The salary cap for the upcoming season is $70.2 million, and it will go down to $64.3 million in the 2013-14 season.

— The salary in individual player contracts can’t vary more than 35 percent year to year, and the final year can’t be more than 50 percent of the highest year.

lost cause
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by lost cause » Jan Wed 09, 2013 8:28 am

The only negative that I can see out of this is that Jack Edwards will now be back. It would be nice if they could tell us what the plan with the Center Ice package is as well.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Jan Thu 10, 2013 10:51 am

The Bruins are practicing at Ristuccia Arena for the first time since the lockout’s conclusion. They had previously been skating at Boston University’s Agganis Arena.
Nathan Horton, Rich Peverley, Daniel Paille, and Aaron Johnson are the players participating in practice for the first time this week.

Others present for practice: Tuukka Rask, Zdeno Chara, Andrew Ference, Dennis Seidenberg, Adam McQuaid, Shawn Thornton, Gregory Campbell, Tyler Seguin, Brad Marchand, Patrice Bergeron, Milan Lucic, and Chris Kelly.

They are wearing their usual Bruins practice jerseys. They had been wearing NHLPA-issued uniforms during the lockout.

David Krejci and Anton Khudobin are the only Bruins who have yet to participate in a post-lockout practice.

GM Peter Chiarelli and coach Claude Julien are watching the practice. They had not attended the BU sessions.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Jan Fri 11, 2013 3:17 pm

WILMINGTON – David Krejci and Anton Khudobin are on the Ristuccia Arena ice. They are participating alongside their teammates in what will most likely be the final informal practice before the start of training camp on Sunday.

“We’ll see. I don’t know,” Krejci said when asked if playing in the Czech Republic will help in NHL re-entry. “The game’s a lot different. There’s not as much hitting. It’s bigger ice. It’s definitely different. We just have to wait and see.”

All players except for Dougie Hamilton and the six Providence callups (Ryan Spooner, Chris Bourque, Jamie Tardif, Lane MacDermid, Matt Bartkowski, and David Warsofsky) have now skated in at least one practice this week.

Also on the ice is unsigned veteran Jay Pandolfo. The ex-Boston University star is looking for a job. Pandolfo has been issued a Bruins practice jersey to fit in with the rest of the players.

* Daniel Paille is the team’s NHLPA representative. Paille credited executive director Donald Fehr for guiding the players through the bargaining process. “He really kept our heads well adjusted in making sure that guys had their questions answered throughout the process,” Paille said.

* The players have until 8 a.m. on Saturday to vote on ratifying the collective bargaining agreement.

* The Bruins are not planning to skate on Saturday. It will be their final rest day before Sunday’s opening of camp.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Jan Sun 13, 2013 9:59 am

Fergudi
Resident
Resident

Post by Fergudi » Jan Sat 19, 2013 7:15 pm

Great to see Marshfield's own Dave Warsofsky on the ice for the Bruins this year.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Jan Sun 20, 2013 12:00 am

I think it's great to see the Bruins play this year!!Not to mention win their first game.Couple of fights to top of the night!!

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bru ... story.html

lost cause
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by lost cause » Jan Mon 21, 2013 8:17 am

Fergudi wrote:Great to see Marshfield's own Dave Warsofsky on the ice for the Bruins this year.
Sent back to Providence where he belongs

Fergudi
Resident
Resident

Post by Fergudi » Jan Mon 21, 2013 4:03 pm

lost cause wrote:
Fergudi wrote:Great to see Marshfield's own Dave Warsofsky on the ice for the Bruins this year.
Sent back to Providence where he belongs
Only 22, he'll have his day...

Is there a reason that you seem to come out against him?

lost cause
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by lost cause » Jan Mon 21, 2013 5:42 pm

Fergudi wrote: Only 22, he'll have his day...

He is not an NHL caliber defenseman and belongs in the AHL at best. We don't need to be bringing people up to the big leagues who don't belong there.

Fergudi
Resident
Resident

Post by Fergudi » Jan Mon 21, 2013 6:06 pm

lost cause wrote:
Fergudi wrote: Only 22, he'll have his day...

He is not an NHL caliber defenseman and belongs in the AHL at best. We don't need to be bringing people up to the big leagues who don't belong there.
How well does that GM position pay?

lost cause
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by lost cause » Jan Mon 21, 2013 6:30 pm

Not as much as one might think. He has already been dumped by one organization and is playing average in providence.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Jan Mon 21, 2013 7:05 pm

Bruins 2, Jets 1 in OT shootout!!

Looks like we're on a roll!Two wins!!

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Jan Wed 23, 2013 10:12 am

Tonight at New York Rangers 7:30 PM.

lost cause
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by lost cause » Jan Wed 23, 2013 10:44 am

These first 10 games are huge, in 1994-1995 when they last had the abbreviated season the standings after the first ten games weren't much different from what they ended up with at the end of the season. You already have the Flyers at 0-3 and having the Rangers start off 0-3 would be a good sign.

In the Eastern Conf. 47 points got you the 8th place spot in the playoffs, (there were only 26 teams in the NHL). Last season the 8th spot in the East had 92 points, which would equated to needing 53 points this season.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Jan Thu 24, 2013 11:15 am

Bruins lose to Rangers in overtime, 4-3.
Let's face it the Rangers were desperate.They needed a win.I thought our power plays are again as bad as the Pats defense!

Rask had a good game with some great stops.I thought that Hamilton had a good game as well.At least we got a point.Didn't look good early on!

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Jan Fri 25, 2013 5:36 pm

Game 4: Islanders at Bruins 7pm puck drop.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Jan Sat 26, 2013 10:39 am

Hamilton had the first multi-point game of his career.This kid looks good and isn't afraid to shot the puck!
Bruins win 4-2!

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Jan Sat 26, 2013 11:32 am

Next game:Mon. 28th-at Carolina Hurricanes-7:00 PM

lost cause
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by lost cause » Jan Sat 26, 2013 2:01 pm

Hamilton has played real well. When he was sent back to juniors last year the Bruins asked him to focus on both his overall defense and his break out passing. He continued to excel last year and was the best D-man in Junior last year.

I saw him play several times at junior this year and you could see the changes even over last year. He, like the entire Canadian team had a terrible World Junior Tournament this year.

The power play seems to be working best when his unit is on the ice as well.

He is not the only Bruins prospect that was excelling in the OHL this year as Seth Griffiths has been playing fantastic at London this year.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Jan Sat 26, 2013 6:34 pm

Julien said:“I think that’s why our guys drafted him, because they saw a lot of things that we’re seeing right now. We like his size, we like the way he moved on the ice. At the same time, we thought he had a good hockey sense. He sees the ice well, finds the passing lanes.”

I agree with that statement.His size and his hockey sense you can't just teach.His teammates said he plays with a lot of poise and is confident.To have that at 19yrs old is pretty dam good.

The problem with the power play is they spend more time passing the puck around and not taking a shot.I see Hamilton doesn't hesitate to take the shot.

I don't follow the prospects but Hamilton seems like he made his mark.I'll take your word on the Griffiths prospect playing well.We can always use good players.

lost cause
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by lost cause » Jan Sat 26, 2013 7:29 pm

Seth Griffith is currently leading the OHL in scoring (30G, 46A in 47 games) and was a huge catalyst in their 20+ game winning streak, along with his play in last years Memorial Cup.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Jan Mon 28, 2013 4:24 pm

This should be an interesting game tonight.

Anton Khudobin will see his first action of the year tonight against Carolina. Khudobin backed up Tuukka Rask for the first four games.

“He showed that last year in the one game he played for us,” Claude Julien said of Khudobin, who beat Ottawa in his only 2011-12 start. “He had a decent year too in Providence. No matter what, you have to use both goaltenders in a short schedule. We have to rely on both of them and have confidence in both of them.”

Also,Adam McQuaid will not play tonight. McQuaid has been excused for a personal reason. Aaron Johnson will replace McQuaid. McQuaid is expected to play against New Jersey tomorrow at TD Garden.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Jan Tue 29, 2013 12:00 pm

Bruins win 5-3.Goalie Anton Khudobin posts first win of season.He played well.

The big test is tonight against the Devils at 7pm.One of these back to back games!

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Jan Tue 29, 2013 12:07 pm

Interesting power rankings:

Chicago
6-0-0
Last Week: 11 Is this 2009-10 all over again? I know this: Corey Crawford has made an early statement to his doubters. He is 5-0 with a 1.78 goals-against average and .933 save percentage.

San Jose
5-0-0
Last Week: 23 So I joked with Joe Thornton via text message that his team owed me big-time for its red-hot start because I finally didn't pick it to win the Cup this year. "I know, thank you soooooooooo much," Thornton texted back. Thornton and linemate Patrick Marleau are on pace for 124.8 points each over 48 games.

Boston
3-0-1
Last Week: 5 The snarl is back, and so is the toughest team in the NHL. Man, these guys are intimidating. I picked the Rangers to come out of the East for the Cup finals, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the B's returned to their 2011 glory.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Jan Wed 30, 2013 10:41 am

Bruins defeat Devils in shootout!

How about the moron who threw the hot dog out on the ice while Seguin was attempting a penalty shot and scored. A do-over was ordered by the game officials, and Seguin scored again.

Glad they caught the guy!!

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Feb Thu 07, 2013 6:56 pm

The Bruins have traded two-time Vezina Trophy winner Tim Thomas to the New York Islanders, the team confirmed Thursday.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bru ... _trad.html

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Feb Thu 14, 2013 10:45 am

Final, Rangers 4, Bruins 3 (shootout)
End game, Rangers 4-3 To recap: Seguin, no. Gaborik, no. Bergeron, no. Nash, yes. Marchand, yes. Richards, no. Krejci, no. Callahan, yes. Rangers win in the shootout. Lackluster ending to what turned out to be an exciting final period.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Feb Sat 16, 2013 12:45 pm

SABRES 4, BRUINS 2

Bruins allow Sabres to rally.Talk about flat!

Zech
Transient
Transient

Post by Zech » Feb Mon 18, 2013 6:58 pm

what happened to lucic last night?

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Feb Tue 19, 2013 2:15 pm

Seems to be a personal reason?This is what i could find about it:

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bru ... c_per.html

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Feb Fri 22, 2013 10:20 am

Final: Bruins 4, Lightning 2. Good game in all areas.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Feb Sun 24, 2013 6:35 pm

Final: Bruins 4, Panthers 1.Now off to face the Islanders Tuesday night.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Feb Thu 28, 2013 10:36 pm

Final: Bruins 2, Senators 1 (OT)

Thank you Patrice!

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Mar Thu 07, 2013 7:06 pm

Chris Bourque placed on waivers
by Fluto Shinzawa, Globe Staff March 7, 2013 12:22 PM

The Bruins have placed Chris Bourque on waivers. Teams can claim Bourque before noon tomorrow. If Bourque clears waivers, it’s likely that the Bruins will assign the forward to Providence.
Bourque, the son of Hall of Famer Ray Bourque, has struggled to find consistency for most of the season. In 18 games, Bourque has one goal and three assists while averaging 12:04 of ice time per appearance. Bourque had been playing mostly on the third line with Chris Kelly and Rich Peverley. Bourque had also seen time at the point on the No. 2 power-play unit.

Bourque was a healthy scratch against Montreal on Sunday

- See more at: http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bru ... p.html?com

lost cause
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by lost cause » Mar Fri 08, 2013 2:27 pm

No loss on sending Bourque to the minors after all he wasn't productive at all. He is a very good AHL talent, 2 goals in over 50 NHL games with three teams isn't good enough.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Mar Fri 08, 2013 7:21 pm

Jordan Caron recalled from Providence
Posted by Fluto Shinzawa, Globe Staff March 8, 2013 12:13 PM
WILMINGTON – Jordan Caron has been recalled from Providence. The third-year pro is practicing on the third line at Ristuccia Arena with Chris Kelly, Rich Peverley, and Jay Pandolfo.

After Chris Bourque was placed on waivers, Caron was in line to audition for the No. 3 left wing job. Caron scored a goal in each of Providence’s last two games. When playing at his best, Caron is a big, two-way winger.

“From what I’ve been told, he’s been really good the last 5-6 games,” Claude Julien said. “He’s a player that’s been here and has got some experience.”

Caron has 10 goals and five assists in 44 AHL games. Caron has most recently playing with Christian Hanson and Bobby Robins. Lane MacDermid held that position during the lockout.

- See more at: http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bru ... 7j7De.dpuf

Zech
Transient
Transient

Post by Zech » Mar Sat 09, 2013 2:56 pm

good game on today
let's go bruins