CELTICS

Sox, Pats, B's, Celts, Revs, Rams, etc...
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Re: CELTICS

Post by Carson » Jan Sat 05, 2013 9:44 pm

Final:Celts 89,hawks 81!Two back to back wins.Let's hope this is the turning point to get them back on track!

Go Green! :mrgreen:

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Jan Mon 28, 2013 4:44 pm

Great game yesterday in a 2 OT win over the Heat!Ray Allen's return wasn't the big story of the day though.Rondo is gone for the season with an ACL tear!!

Waiting to see what Ainge will do now that Rondo is out for the year.Celt's were struggling prior to Rondo's injury.

DTI
Citizen
Citizen

Post by DTI » Feb Sun 24, 2013 7:24 pm

Carson wrote:Great game yesterday in a 2 OT win over the Heat!Ray Allen's return wasn't the big story of the day though.Rondo is gone for the season with an ACL tear!!

Waiting to see what Ainge will do now that Rondo is out for the year.Celt's were struggling prior to Rondo's injury.
Carson, The Celt's should hire her.

The Republicans are the problem,
Ideologically extreme, scornful of compromise, unmoved by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science..

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Feb Mon 25, 2013 6:33 pm

DTI,the Celtic's are not a good subject with me after watching them last night!!Of course after watching every game all year,I was just hoping this might be the year.With all the injuries now,we don't stand much of a chance!

I did see this on the sports news.I forget the whole story behind it but the girl was trying this trick all year and hadn't nailed it until the last game of the season.Makes it even more incredible!!

Probably dating myself here but it reminds me of the Harlem Globetrotters trick shots.Always made me wonder why they weren't playing in the NBA.Some really great ball skills!

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Apr Sun 14, 2013 12:32 am

We got the 7th seed right now so we are into the playoffs.The problem is they might be one and done?

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Apr Sat 20, 2013 9:53 am

The Celtics begin their playoff series with the New York Knicks on Saturday at Madison Square Garden at 3 p.m. on ABC and will play their first home game since the Boston Marathon bombings on April 26 at 8 p.m.

The NBA released the seven-game schedule for the Celtics-Knicks clash with a two-day break between Games 1 and 2 and between Games 2 and 3 and between Games 4 and 5. The Celtics will travel from Toronto to New York on Thursday and will practice Friday in New York in preparation for their Game 1 opener with the Knicks.

Here is the full schedule with times and network:

Game 1 -- Sat April 20 Boston at New York 3 p.m. ABC
Game 2 -- Tue April 23 Boston at New York 8 p.m. CSN/TNT
Game 3 -- Fri April 26 New York at Boston 8 p.m CSN/ESPN
Game 4 -- Sun April 28 New York at Boston 1 p.m. ABC
Game 5 * Wed May 1 Boston at New York TBD TBD
Game 6 * Fri May 3 New York at Boston TBD TBD
Game 7 * Sun May 5 Boston at New York TBD TBD

*if necessary

dtpfv3.0
Resident
Resident

Post by dtpfv3.0 » Apr Sat 20, 2013 7:55 pm

Hoisted by our own petard.
Knowledge is good - Emil Faber

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Apr Sat 20, 2013 9:53 pm

Celtics drop game one!
To many turnovers.You can't do that and win.Then the bench gave them no points!Can't have that either.Right now NY is on a hot streak and they better fix the problems fast.If not they will be swept.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Apr Fri 26, 2013 10:34 am

Game 3 tonight:Tipoff: 8 p.m.
Series: New York leads the best-of-seven series, 2-0
Broadcast info:Television: ESPN; Radio: WEEI (93.7 FM)

They got to win this one!
Go Celts! :mrgreen:

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Apr Sat 27, 2013 11:22 am

Terrible game last night.Looks like they could be done by Sunday.Too many injuries this year.Losing Rondo was the worst of it.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » May Thu 02, 2013 6:18 pm

The Celtics live to see another game!!

I guess the wearing black to the game to prepare for the Celtics' "funeral" didn't work out so well for the Knicks in Game 5. Knicks guard J.R. Smith, who was one of the biggest trash talkers this week, shot 3 for 14 in the game.

I also thought that was pretty insensitive to people still in Boston hospitals recovering from the Marathon bombings to go around saying they're going to "bury" Boston. :roll:

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Jul Thu 04, 2013 9:49 pm

Doc Rivers, Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Jason Terry, and Terrence Williams are gone (or will be after July 12)
Kris Humphries, Gerald Wallace, MarShon Brooks, Keith Bogans, Kris Joseph, and three first-round picks are coming to the Celtics
Kelly Olynyk and Colton Iverson are the team's draft picks

Looks like Danny blew up the team.Who knows Rondo might be next.

The Celtics hired former Butler coach Brad Stevens to be their head coach Wednesday.We'll see how he does with this bunch.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Nov Sun 10, 2013 10:12 am

What a game last night!Jeff Green hit a fadeaway 3 pointer at the buzzer to win the game!Celtics stunn the Heat!!Win 111 -110!Also great cross-court pass by Wallace to see Green open in the corner!

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Jan Thu 15, 2015 5:14 pm

Did anyone else go to the Celtics game last night?

Marshfield High chorus sang the national anthem, and then at halftime a youth basketball team from Marshfield played Norwell in a quick game.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Apr Sat 18, 2015 11:09 am

The NBA playoff series between the seventh-seeded Celtics and LeBron James' second-seeded Cleveland Cavaliers will begin on Sunday afternoon in a nationally televised game on ABC at 3 p.m. ET.

The NBA released the complete first-round schedule early Thursday morning, which includes times and broadcast information.

Game 1 - Sun. April 19, Boston at Cleveland, 3:00 PM, ABC/R
Game 2 - Tue. April 21, Boston at Cleveland, 7:00 PM, TNT
Game 3 - Thu. April 23, Cleveland at Boston, 7:00 PM, TNT
Game 4 - Sun. April 26, Cleveland at Boston, 1:00 PM, ABC
Game 5 * - Tue. April 28, Boston at Cleveland, TBD
Game 6 * - Thu. April 30, Cleveland at Boston, TBD
Game 7 * - Sat. May 2, Boston at Cleveland , TNT

* - If necessary.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Apr Sat 16, 2016 6:59 pm

We'll we are back in the playoffs starting tonight in Atlanta.I think they are in for a series because these teams are so evenly matched.Got to play tight defense and play the full 48 min game.