PATRIOTS

Sox, Pats, B's, Celts, Revs, Rams, etc...
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
pat
Founder
Founder

Re: PATRIOTS

Post by pat » Feb Sun 01, 2015 12:18 pm

Heading out to our annual tailgating party. Here's what I'm bringing.
Attachments
meatballs.jpg

HokieAl
Resident
Resident

Post by HokieAl » Feb Sun 01, 2015 12:21 pm

Lol. I Bet they have no taste either.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Feb Mon 02, 2015 12:16 am

SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!!!

pat
Founder
Founder

Post by pat » Feb Mon 02, 2015 7:32 am

I got emotional whiplash in that last minute.

pat
Founder
Founder

Post by pat » Feb Tue 03, 2015 9:02 am

You gotta feel bad for Seattle. I think back about 2008 and that David Tyree helmet catch and how awful it felt. I lost a few nights sleep thinking about what could have been, how things should have been different, what could we have done to prevent it... But at least we can believe that we really didn't do anything wrong. It was fluke luck and terrible timing. Curse the gods, but you really couldn't hang this on us.

But if you're a Seattle fan, you know that this could easily have been their win, but they screwed up. That's GOT to be tough to live with.

BTW - I think that the antonym for Buckner is Butler.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Feb Tue 03, 2015 10:46 am

Ha!I don't feel one bit bad for Seattle.Not one dam bit!I think they are immature morons!

Did you see Sherman flashing the 2-4 fingers after Revis got burned because the ref was in the way?Did you see Doug Bladwin mimed dropping pants and dropping the football under his butt?That was directed he said to a Patriot player!Not to mention the fist fight at the end of the game when Brady was taking a knee.Sore losers is what that is!Also,I never could stand Pete Carrol either!

Nope,don't feel badly one bit!They got served up some humble pie!
Last edited by Carson on Feb Tue 03, 2015 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Feb Tue 03, 2015 10:51 am

Great article explaining how Seattle didn't lose,the Patriot WON!

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/p ... eadline_hp

pat
Founder
Founder

Post by pat » Feb Tue 03, 2015 10:55 am

I didn't say the players. I said "Seattle". The city - meaning the fans. I have no hatred for them. They're people like us, and there's nothing wrong with being loyal to your local team.

dtpfv3.0
Resident
Resident

Post by dtpfv3.0 » Feb Tue 03, 2015 8:04 pm

Brady was to that Super Bowl what Papi was to that World Series.
Knowledge is good - Emil Faber

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Feb Wed 04, 2015 10:55 am

pat wrote:I didn't say the players. I said "Seattle". The city - meaning the fans. I have no hatred for them. They're people like us, and there's nothing wrong with being loyal to your local team.
You didn't say the city,so i thought you were talking the players in the game when you said Seattle.
I don't feel one bit bad about the fans either.They are all bandwagon jumpers in the last couple years because the team is winning.Just like Vince said about some of our fans.They haven't been there for the years prior to Superbowls.We have 56 years of team history,that the majority were not great.

lost cause
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by lost cause » Feb Wed 04, 2015 4:50 pm

The patriots didnt get any real fan support until they started winning either, up until Parcells arrived they were considered a joke.
America Built by Heroes, Ruined by Liberals

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Feb Fri 06, 2015 5:12 pm

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Feb Mon 09, 2015 12:05 am

Katy Perry is sure a great, wholesome living example for the kids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzakoTVZlE0

Before the game she said that her show was going be 'flaming hot.' :YMDEVIL:
Why do so many officials FEAR and kowtow to the Marshfield Airport gang?

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?

lost cause
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by lost cause » Feb Mon 09, 2015 12:43 pm

If a celebrity is your kids role model, you failed as a parent

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'

Roadking
Resident
Resident

Post by Roadking » Mar Tue 17, 2015 3:56 pm

Vince Wilfork left with a lot of class...

Bill

lost cause
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by lost cause » Mar Tue 17, 2015 4:58 pm

Roadking wrote:Vince Wilfork left with a lot of class...

Bill
He did, and sadly he is the exception not the rule.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Apr Wed 15, 2015 12:36 pm

lost cause
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by lost cause » May Wed 06, 2015 3:37 pm

The patriots have been proven to be cheaters yet again, what a shock.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » May Fri 08, 2015 11:36 am

They haven't proven anything!"More probable than not" is what they concluded.Circumstantial evidence.And from a group, Exponent, that was hired by the Tobacco Lobby to say that 2nd hand smoke is NOT harmful!!! :roll:

Imagine if a cop wrote you up for a $100 speeding ticket because "more probable than not", you were speeding?

lost cause
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by lost cause » May Fri 08, 2015 12:36 pm

Remove the Exponent group from it, and you still have Patriots employees discussing the fact that deleted the air from the balls, and re-numeration they were going to receive (text messages are not made up science). They have Brady refusing to cooperate, and the Patriots shutting down access once the text messages became available.

Brady lying about not knowing who an employee was.

All of that for a minor indiscretion that had nothing to do with the football game in question, as the Patriots so easily kicked ass on that day.

By the way since this is not a criminal cases, they only need to have "more probable than not". The standard would be the same as in a civil case which is 51%.

Brady will probably get a game or two suspension for this, a fine for a person of his means is pointless.

dtpfv3.0
Resident
Resident

Post by dtpfv3.0 » May Fri 08, 2015 3:32 pm

He'll be auspended. I would guess at least 4 games. Welker got 4 games for a banned substance.
Knowledge is good - Emil Faber

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » May Fri 08, 2015 7:53 pm

lost cause wrote:The patriots have been proven to be cheaters yet again, what a shock.

Neither the Patriots owners nor the coaching staff, including Bill Belichick, were found to have done anything wrong, as noted on page 3 of the report.Get your facts straight!

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » May Fri 08, 2015 8:18 pm

Also in the report:

There is no record of referee Walt Anderson checking and recording the air pressure of each game ball prior to kickoff (page 52). So he doesn’t have the Pats dead to rights. Anderson also couldn’t remember whether or not he put his initals on one of the game’s kicking balls (pgs 134-135), or whether he measured and inspected the Patriots game balls first, or the Colts game balls (page 51). Conspiracy?

On page 8 of the report, Wells notes that the AFC championship game officials measured all 11 of the Patriots’ game-used footballs at halftime, but only tested four of the Colts’ 11 game balls, because they ran out of time before the game was to resume.

Take another look at the text messages sent back and forth between locker room attendant Jim McNally and equipment assistant John Jastremski. Your guess is as good as anyone’s as to whether of not these two guys are being sarcastic, irreverent or dead serious when they use phrases like “Tom Sucks.” Maybe they’re being ironic? Or maybe one or both had something against Tom Brady?

Brady “declined to make available any documents or electronic information (including text messages and emails)” to the investigation, as stated on page 21. So no matter how that makes him look, there’s no smoking gun!

And according to the NFL rules,tampering with equipment is a $25K fine!!!

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/p ... eadline_hp

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » May Fri 08, 2015 8:35 pm

Comments from Scott Zolak:

“I’m a career back-up, okay?” he said. “I did it for 10 years, man. I used to get (Drew)Bledsoe’s ball ready – his footballs ready. I would spend hours upon hours . . . in that laundry room. We’d put them in dryers, we’d rub them down, we’d put them in buckets of sand, we’d throw them against cement walls – but Drew liked his on the heavy end. He’s like (Aaron) Rodgers where he’s got really big hands and you wanted his a little more inflated so they were nice and hard, so it could cut the wind a little better. I got thick hands. We’re both 6-5. Tom’s a big guy too, but his hands aren’t huge, so he likes to have less denseness to it. I’ve never stuck a gauge in them on Saturdays trying to get them to a certain level. You just went and played with the balls the way that quarterbacks on that day liked them – and it varies sometimes week to week because of conditions.”

This is common to any QB in the league,then and now.Why aren't they testing the PSI of every teams game balls in the league???Or are we just being singled out???

lost cause
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by lost cause » May Sat 09, 2015 6:48 am

First Brady and the equipment staff are part of the Patriots, so saying the patriots were caught again is not out of line.

Yes, every quarterback in the league probably does do something to alter the balls in some way, why did the league look into the patriots? They received a complaint from another team they had no choice. Should the league have handled the whole issue differently, I don't think there is doubt there the answer is YES.

The received a complaint, instead of trying to catch the team doing something wrong, they should have put them on notice regarding the complaint and then gone from there.

Brady is going to be suspended for failing to cooperate with the investigation which the league is in there right to do. He also didn't help himself with the press conference he gave days after the incident in the first place, nor did Kraft help when he demanded an apology at the super bowl.

Of course this entire incident could have been prevented if the league stopped allowing teams and players to have access to the balls before the games in the first place, no other sport allows this.

As for your comments regarding the text messages, we will never truly know the context as the Patriots refused access to the two individuals the minute the text messages came to light.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » May Sat 09, 2015 11:40 am

Brady did not hand over his cell to the NFL and neither would I.Who knows where his personal information would go especially with a world known supermodel wife.Looking at how well the NFL handles things,who in their right mind would hand over your private phone records.

The locker room attendant and the equipment guy were know to all the Patriots as Bird and John- John.The big smoking gun was that Brady didn't know them when asked.What the report fails to say is that everyone knew them in the locker room by nicknames.They also are game day personnel.

Come game day the balls are put out on a trunk for Brady to inspect.He selects they balls he wants to use and that is it for his involvement.Then they are taken away until they show up on the field.

Another thing that didn't come out in the report was they told Wells in an interview that they were joking around on their texts to each other.What they said was never put into the report.The fact is they were both interviewed 4 times and finally after they wanted a 5th interview,they said enough is enough.That also doesn't come out in any reports.So it makes it look like they were not cooperating.

The whole report is flawed.They are making a lot of assumptions.That's why if this was in a court of law,the whole thing would be thrown out!!!This $5M report by Exponent company is not an "independent" company and the NFL is acting as judge and jury!!!

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » May Sat 09, 2015 11:58 am

Here's the same sort of equipment violation that the Charges pulled in 2012.

In that instance, the Chargers were found to have been using a towel covered with an adhesive substance that aids in gripping the ball.

The league looked into the matter further. Without the aid of a $5M investigation and a corporate law firm, they league cleared the Chargers of violating a “a competitive rule.”

The league statement went on to say, "However, NFL game officials are charged with protecting the integrity and competitive fairness of the games and club staff members, like players and coaches, have a clear obligation to cooperate in this effort and comply with the direction of game officials. As a result of the failure of club staff to follow the directive of a game official to immediately surrender the towels when directed to do so, and to attempt to conceal the towels, the Chargers have been fined $20,000.

So they didn’t cough up towels when told to do so. They tried to hide them. The towels had sticky crap on them which – if they were being hidden – makes it more probable than not that an advantage was being gained that the Chargers wanted concealed. And the NFL’s Competition Committee laid down a new rile. No sticky towels.

No suspension. No specific discipline to any coach, GM or player. No demand for cell phones and emails. Just, “Don’t do it anymore. And, “Hey, give us $20K for being dinks about the towels when we asked for them.”

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patrio ... o-patriots

lost cause
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by lost cause » May Sat 09, 2015 7:31 pm

Carson the problem is that you are focusing on the deflating of the footballs, which is the equivalent of corking a bat, or scuffing a baseball. The League seems to be focusing on what they consider a lack of cooperation by Brady in the investigation, that is where the suspension will come from.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » May Sun 10, 2015 11:53 am

No,I am not focusing in on just the deflation.That is why I posted the article on the Charges.The reason i posted that was to show how they had NOT COOPERATED with the NFL on the adhesive substance put on the ball for gripping.Matter of fact they tried to hide the towels from the officials.

Now to me,that is certainly not cooperating and they had ZERO suspensions in their case!Their fine was $20K period!

According to the Wells report,the report says Brady agreed to interviews but denied a request by investigators to share text messages and emails.So he agreed to be interviewed but that was not good enough???As i said before,I don't blame him for not sharing his phone records.With his wife being who she is???Have you seen TMZ???Would you trust the NFL with all their leaks to keep private his phone records???I certainly wouldn't!

They even lied about the equipment manager not cooperating.He said he was interviewed 4 times and then they wanted to interview him again for a 5th time when he said NO!This is a part time game day gig for this man who has a full time job.

By the way,a NFL spokesman Greg Aiello spokesman said in an email to Boston.com Saturday that “no decisions have been made.” So,don't believe the NY media hype who are proposing this suspension stuff.Since nothing has been decided,let's just wait and see what the punishment will be.

lost cause
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by lost cause » May Tue 12, 2015 7:04 am

The NFL did not lie about the equipment manager not cooperating, yes they did interview him four times, the team refused to allow to be interviewed a 5th time. Why because the text messages were not obtained by the league until after the 4th interview, when the league wanted to speak with him again to put the text in context, that is when the team stepped and refused anymore interviews.

As for Brady, it is clear that the league not only felt he was not cooperating, and they provided Brady and his lawyer control over what texts were to be turned over, but they also felt he was not telling the truth in the interviews he did consent to.

Quite frankly Brady should have just come clean in the first place. This equipment issue is nothing more then scuffing a baseball, but Brady and the team (remember Kraft demanding an apology) handled it poorly and it blew up in their face.

Now it will be appealed and in all probability the suspension and fines will probably be reduced, however there is the possibility that they the league would have to release the entirety of the Brady interviews that he did give and we don't know how embarrassing those could be.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » May Tue 12, 2015 4:23 pm

Looks like you can rape,beat your kids or punch your girlfriend in the face on tape,then kick her like a side of beef with a 2 game suspension BUT let the air out of a football gets you 4 games,$1M,1st round pick and a 4th round pick!Way to go NFL! :roll:

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » May Wed 13, 2015 12:10 pm

lost cause
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by lost cause » May Wed 13, 2015 5:06 pm

You have to love Patriots fans, if it was Denver or the Jets who got caught you would be screaming your heads about the punishment being to light.

lost cause
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by lost cause » May Wed 13, 2015 5:07 pm

Carson wrote:Looks like you can rape,beat your kids or punch your girlfriend in the face on tape,then kick her like a side of beef with a 2 game suspension BUT let the air out of a football gets you 4 games,$1M,1st round pick and a 4th round pick!Way to go NFL! :roll:

As despicable as these crimes are, non of them affected the integrity of the game.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » May Wed 13, 2015 7:25 pm

Again,there is nothing in that report of any concrete evidence that Brady tampered with the balls.Come game day the balls are put out on a trunk for Brady to inspect.He selects they balls he wants to use and that is it for his involvement.Then they are taken away until they show up on the field.

There is no record of referee Walt Anderson checking and recording the air pressure of each game ball prior to kickoff (page 52). So he doesn’t have the Pats dead to rights. Anderson also couldn’t remember whether or not he put his initals on one of the game’s kicking balls (pgs 134-135), or whether he measured and inspected the Patriots game balls first, or the Colts game balls (page 51).He couldn't remember which gauge he used as there were 2 of them,which read differently.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » May Wed 13, 2015 8:26 pm

What's also clear is the NFL never cared about a whole lot about the inflation levels of footballs, probably because it doesn't impact the game very much. The refs check the footballs pregame with a pressure gauge (which vary wildly) and that's about it. It's all a loose guess. In November, when Carolina and Minnesota were caught trying to doctor the footballs by warming them on a cold day, they each got a warning and everyone laughed at the story. :roll:

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » May Wed 13, 2015 8:26 pm

What's also clear is the NFL never cared about a whole lot about the inflation levels of footballs, probably because it doesn't impact the game very much. The refs check the footballs pregame with a pressure gauge (which vary wildly) and that's about it. It's all a loose guess. In November, when Carolina and Minnesota were caught trying to doctor the footballs by warming them on a cold day, they each got a warning and everyone laughed at the story. :roll:

lost cause
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by lost cause » May Thu 14, 2015 3:02 am

The press conferences given by the Patriots, especially the one by Kraft demanding an apology during super bowl week more the likely had quite a bit to do with the punishment, along with what the league perceives to be the lack of cooperation by the team.

The footballs were a marginal issue, the lack of cooperation is what they got nailed for.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » May Thu 14, 2015 8:33 am

Per multiple reports, Brady has added venerable attorney and NFL foe Jeffrey Kessler to his legal counsel in preparation of his appeal of the four-game suspension handed down by the league.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » May Mon 18, 2015 12:36 pm

This is what I was talking about with cooperation!

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patrio ... ocid=yahoo