PATRIOTS

Sox, Pats, B's, Celts, Revs, Rams, etc...
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

PATRIOTS

Post by Carson » Oct Fri 17, 2003 1:32 pm

How do you like the Patriots chances this year especially with all the injuries?

Phil
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
facebook ID: phil.shannon

Re: PATRIOTS

Post by Phil » Oct Fri 17, 2003 1:36 pm

I think they have a good chance to make the playoffs. Depending on how the injuries stackup they could win some playoff games.

Belichek has a great defensive mind which helps overcome these injuries on D.

I don't think we are seeing the real Brady yet this season. Maybe he isn't 100% from the shoulder injury, and elbow injury. If he can get back to 100% then this will help immensely. At least the are working on a ground game this season.
Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.

Earl Jr
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Earl Jr » Oct Fri 17, 2003 1:37 pm

Nice change Carson!

God Bless Our Troops

Phil
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Phil » Oct Fri 17, 2003 1:44 pm

Actually the annual October song for Red Sox fans is "Here we go Bruins, here we go"

the annual song for Bruins fans come April is

"Here we go Red Sox here we go"

Speaking of Bruins, I can't wait to see them when they make the annual trip to LA tomorrow night! I almost had a dilema on my hands. How can you go to a hockey game when game 1 of the world series is on? Its easy when its the yankees
and not the Red Sox!

LETS GO BRUINS

Idocode
Transient
Transient

Post by Idocode » Oct Fri 17, 2003 3:49 pm

This could have been a great year for the Pats, but due to the injury situation I'll be surprised if they make the playoffs. Brady's shoulder is hurt and without rest it'll likely get worse.

The Bruins will do ok, but they haven't got their act together yet. If they make the playoffs, they won't go very deep.
-- Steve --

Jackster
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Jackster » Oct Fri 17, 2003 7:38 pm

The Pats need a bye week. Gotta admire their accomplishments this year with so many injuries.

Raycroft the only interesting factor for the Bruins. The rest of the talent has been traded or lost on waivers. Jacobs bros. tight with the $.
Regrettably, even when they had the talent (Allison, Guerin etc.) they did not have the heart or desire to win the Cup....too content to show up with some razzle-dazzle during the regular season then play golf. Thornton is a wussy boy not a leader. The NJ Devils, light on talent, won the Cup last season on heart and guts. Thats what hockey is about.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Oct Fri 17, 2003 9:13 pm

Earl,change is good,right?Seriously though,I have been a Pat's fan for a long time even when people would be ashamed to wear their hats,T's and jackets!I didn't jump on the bandwagon after they won the Superbowl like some!I took the family out to Bryant College in Aug. to see the pre-season practices the year they won the Superbowl.I remember saying,"Wow these guys suck this year!"Nobody was doing anything but getting yelled at for screwing up.The only people worth watching were the kickers.Half the team was on the stationary bikes!The good part was the kids got alot of autographs(except Terry Glen who snubbed all the kids)!Never would have dreamed they would win a game nevermind the Superbowl!!

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Oct Fri 17, 2003 9:21 pm

My thoughts were that they were the team to beat this year until all the injuries the first game.I think if they can get by Miami they'll be alright.Brady's elbow still doesn't look good.But,I have to hand it to Bill for getting the team ready every week.They look pretty good.I would never count them out!!

Susan C.
Resident
Resident

Post by Susan C. » Oct Tue 21, 2003 10:29 pm

Carson - Maybe Brady's elbow didn't look good, but his hands sure did. A perfect Hail Mary pass. That was the Best Pass since Doug Flutie. Heaven.

Jill
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Jill » Oct Tue 21, 2003 11:14 pm

I think his elbows are beautiful. His hands? Oh, my. That face, the smile...

Where was I? Oh, does anyone know what's happening with the Yankees? When is Andy pitching?

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Oct Wed 22, 2003 8:28 am

LOL!Jill,you sound like my daughter!Everything about Brady is GOOOOOOOOD!!If you don't see enough of him on the field you can always go to Newbury Comics,where she tells me there is a life size cardboard cut-out of him for sale.She also LOVES Andy and thinks he's HOT when he peers over the top of his glove with those long eyelashes!!

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Oct Wed 22, 2003 8:41 am

Susan,I agree that was a GREAT pass to Troy(my favorite player).He is such a great player on and off the field.Brady said after the game,that was a blown play.Then he saw Troy breaking down the field and tossed it as far as he could,knowing Troy would catch up to it!Funny thing is,Troy said he doesn't think he's that fast.
Cleveland on Sunday.Go Pats!!!

Susan C.
Resident
Resident

Post by Susan C. » Oct Sat 25, 2003 8:54 pm

Cleveland Tommorrow! No problem!

Carson - Did you catch Troy after the game? So ultimately humble. "Just wanted to put my play on the ball". Think that's what he said . He is beautiful person as well.

Earl Jr
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Earl Jr » Oct Sun 26, 2003 4:33 pm

Looked sloppy today against a far worse team but it's still a win, still 1st place!

God Bless Our Troops

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Oct Sun 26, 2003 7:26 pm

Earl,a win is a win right?Doesn't have to look pretty but we'll take it!You got to give it to the Brown's defense.I think they're ranked right up there with stopping in the red zone.
I think the biggest challenge will be Denver in Denver!They aren't playing that great offensively but, for some reason they seem to always have our number.Maybe will get lucky this time and turn it around just like Miami in October.
I just think with ALL the injuries they have of starting players and players playing out of normal positions,that they have done a hell of a job!Alot of credit goes to the coaching staff who really have them well prepared every week.

Earl Jr
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Earl Jr » Oct Sun 26, 2003 7:35 pm

Carson, Oh I absolutely agree! Brady still threw for 260 yds. They have been coached remarkebly too! On to Denver!

God Bless Our Troops

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Oct Fri 31, 2003 9:23 am

Anyone see the promo's for Monday Night football?They have Aerosmith,Steven Tyler,answering his cell phone.It's Tom Brady on the other end saying,"Come on Tyler,just say it!" Then after some proding he yells out,"Are you ready for some football?" I thought it was pretty clever!LOL!!

Phil
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Phil » Oct Fri 31, 2003 9:34 am

That is an awesome commercial! Marshfields very own bad boy rocks the house!

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Oct Fri 31, 2003 10:33 am

Phil,glad someone else saw it too!I was beginning to think I was dreaming.Joe Perry is also in it playing his guitar but doesn't say anything.I think he's still living in Marshfield but he might have moved to Duxbury.

cmhop
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Location: I am in Penalty Box, I feel shame. Orwell would be proud.

Post by cmhop » Oct Fri 31, 2003 10:38 am

Three of them live side by side by side along the water leading up to 3A gated homes
EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO BE STUPID!! BUT THERE ARE SOME... THAT DEFINITELY ABUSE IT!!

Earl Jr
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Earl Jr » Oct Fri 31, 2003 3:29 pm

Tyler and Kramer are on Summer St. and Joe Perry lives on 3A in Duxbury, kitty corner from Milbrook Motors.

God Bless Our Troops

Phil
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Phil » Nov Sat 01, 2003 12:05 am

Whitford is also on summer street.

AEROSMITH ROCKS! (that was my first album)

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Nov Sat 01, 2003 5:09 pm

OK,now that we all agree that we love the promo for Monday night,who is going to win the game?Any predictions?I say the Pats.I also hope Adam gets his kicking straightened out because he's beginning to scare me!!!The cold and snow are only around the corner!! :D

Phil
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Phil » Nov Sat 01, 2003 6:51 pm

We have a bad history in the mile high city (somebody post the pats history at denver please) to a point where my friends and I have a term for what the refs usually greet the patriots with at the broncos: Its usually a mile high FV<%-over

I predict a win for New England, time for some Denver payback

GO PATS

Jill
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Jill » Nov Mon 03, 2003 9:36 am

We had a bad history with Miami, too, Phil. I'm not worried. And Adam V. is at his best in the snow and sleet. He's just warming up.

Is Tom cute on that commercial or what!

Jill
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Jill » Nov Tue 04, 2003 7:19 am

There now, ya see? Don't worry fellas, be happy. ;)

Idocode
Transient
Transient

Post by Idocode » Nov Tue 04, 2003 9:04 am

It was nice to wake up this morning and hear what happened! They were lucky to still be in the game after all the troubles during the first half. As Lisa Guerrero said - "nine turnovers". ;)

The defense really was off their game without Seymour.

Sounded like an exciting win - wish I saw the end.
-- Steve --

Phil
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Phil » Nov Tue 04, 2003 11:06 am

What happened to seymour?

Like I said, the refs always have a surprise for us at mile high. This time it was 14 flags for new england, only 4 for denver. Huge 12th men for denver, all dressed like zebras. And they still can't stop the PATRIOTS!

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Nov Tue 04, 2003 12:54 pm

What a great game last night!I knew they would find a way to win but I couldn't believe it would come down to the last seconds to decide it!!
The refs definately were out to screw the Patriots,no question about it!I can not recall when I saw such lopsided penalties in one game.Then the holding by the Denver line was just so blatant but no calls!They certainly gave them every opportunity to win.
Also,the introduction to the game with the preacher and the Red Sox nation in the pews was so FUNNY and right on the money!!Don't forget the Brady and Tyler shot.One of the best Monday night football games I've seen for a while from start to end.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Nov Thu 06, 2003 9:11 am

I heard the NFL is going to fine Bill for not reporting Seymour was hurt?In an interview Bill gave he didn't seem to concerned but what's the deal with that?

Phil
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Phil » Nov Thu 06, 2003 9:34 am

Pats had Seymour listed as probable, and he never made the trip to Denver. The NFL has a rule that you have to change from probable to doubtful (or out) on Thursday (or Friday?) if a player isn't going to play. You list a player as 'probable' and they don't even make the trip, you get fined.

Idocode
Transient
Transient

Post by Idocode » Nov Thu 06, 2003 9:48 am

Originally posted by Phil:
Pats had Seymour listed as probable
Bill was simply confused. He meant to say "probably not". ;)
-- Steve --

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Nov Thu 06, 2003 9:59 am

Good one idocode!!Maybe Bill could use that line to get out of paying his fine!!LOL!I can understand the reasoning on the rule but you still got to go out and play the game no mater who's playing or not!

Phil
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Phil » Nov Thu 06, 2003 10:03 am

True Carson. This rule almost reeks of pro-gambling. Vegas wants to know if your star players won't be in the lineup, so they can adjust the line!

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Nov Thu 06, 2003 10:44 am

So true,Phil!That is exactly why we saw such a lop-sided penalty game against the Pats because the gamblers had the Broncos by two.Even Madden made a joke about the spread when the Pats took the 2 pt conversion.

Earl Jr
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Earl Jr » Nov Thu 06, 2003 3:38 pm

Here is how biased most of the Sports writers are against Boston teams! Especially thr Pat's! Nothing on the front page of NFL.com except a little blurp of Brady being picked for Fed Ex Air player ohf the week! Pitiful!

http://nfl.com/

God Bless Our Troops

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Nov Thu 06, 2003 4:24 pm

No,kidding Earl!Every week I listen to the picks for each game and no one ever gives the Pats any respect.But,I'm getting used to it now.I think only one commentator picked them to win the SuperBowl so shows how smart they all are.I'm sure Vegas has them picked last this year too!Just wait.They'll prove them all wrong!

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Nov Tue 11, 2003 1:25 pm

Who's going to win the Bill vs Bill show?

Earl Jr
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Earl Jr » Nov Tue 11, 2003 2:36 pm

Carson Baby, You are not going to believe this but a buddy at Logan has season tickets and he asked me in the summer what game I would like to see this year.
Well, I'm sure you guessed which one. Who would of thought in July that each team would be 7-2 now?
It probably doesn't mean much to most people either but this will be the first time in my life that I have seen the Patriots live!

God Bless Our Troops

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Nov Tue 11, 2003 2:58 pm

Nice pick,Earl!!You know I've never bothered to go to the games because most of the games I had tickets to were when the wind chill was down to 40 below and snowing.I just didn't think it was worth it when you can see the game in the comfort of your living room nice and warm!I did go to training camp.You know the media is starting to make this game a big hype and it's already pissing Parcels off!They already have him picked for coach of the year in the media.I think OUR Bill should get it!