Obamacare is a failure

Issues of a more global nature: National Politics, etc.
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com
specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Re: Obamacare is a failure

Post by specialties » Jul Fri 21, 2017 11:27 am

:lol: It really is weird watching two people post and who take in the news with completely opposite views...
Bluddy amazing... marx vs. the King fer sure...

Don't forget how paloozer swept the bama's baby killer act through congress at the same time bamboozeling the country in to believing that we really have to pass it to see what is in it!!!

:lol:

Glad to be free from partisan politics here and I still favor the Fox over the out house media, just saying...

Hey!! If you like your paloozer you can keep your paloozer... Go for it... Lube Rack 55 :shock:

Marx is dead, long live the King... Jiminy Crickets and Geekers too!!!
'They' remain lost in the third dimension and can't get out...
Frikkem all, right nana???
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...

Mac66
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Mac66 » Jul Fri 21, 2017 12:43 pm

You forgot to enable your translation software...if you need help, Spicy is looking for a new job. Donny stabbed him in the back once too often. Good for him; he's out, ready to do some real work.

Nobody wanted HC, all you guys had to do was hire a pro to work with the homogeneous Congress...instead, we got this guy.

Another Wall Streeter Man of the people type ready to take over at the communications desk. Start spinning; get the dogs on Mueller; maybe little Jeff is on his way out next.

Hats off to DOJ for taking down another dark web; did Trump even mention it?

Voting to repeal would make sense for this crowd; 2 more years on top of the 8 they already had to figure it out...do the math.

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Jul Fri 21, 2017 1:38 pm

You forgot to enable your translation software..
:lol:

Your ability to read in depth is your business, I'm OK and hope you are also...
Seems to be a trait ( among others ) from the rancid left....

Carry on, mushy, we love ya!!!

Marx is dead, long live the King...
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Aug Tue 01, 2017 11:34 am

Oldie but goodie.
Obamacare: Selling of the Cadillac Tax
http://fullmeasure.news/news/cover-stor ... dillac-tax

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Sep Sun 03, 2017 12:16 pm

If Obamacare is a failure then please tell me why one of the Reddest states in the Union Governor would say this.

“The ACA, there’s certainly some room for improvement,” he continued. “But to throw it out just because it’s the ACA, I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

The state of Wyoming did not expand medicaid and lost out on 100 million federal funds. So now the state is running a $20 million deficit. Now the Governor Mead wants to expand it. What is the real failure is Republicans are against their own best interest if President Obama had something to do with it.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Sep Sun 03, 2017 12:20 pm

It took you over a month to dig something up. Good job.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Sep Sun 03, 2017 12:32 pm

HokieAl wrote:
Sep Sun 03, 2017 12:20 pm
It took you over a month to dig something up. Good job.
is that the best you can come up with. I don't live here on this forum like you do. Being retire I travel a lot .Getting ready to take off again.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Sep Sun 03, 2017 12:42 pm

I don't live here either. And I too am getting ready to travel again. And I work.

By the way, it's easy to tell who lives here. Just look at your total number of posts.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Sep Sun 03, 2017 1:01 pm

HokieAl wrote:
Sep Sun 03, 2017 12:42 pm
I don't live here either. And I too am getting ready to travel again. And I work.

By the way, it's easy to tell who lives here. Just look at your total number of posts.
Yes you should look at the number of posts and how many years you have belonged . So I have 395 post per year ,while you have average 500 posts per year. So I think in the last 6 years you have been living here a lot more than me.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Sep Sun 03, 2017 1:06 pm

Right because you used to post a long time ago

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Sep Sun 03, 2017 1:10 pm

HokieAl wrote:
Sep Sun 03, 2017 1:06 pm
That is correct so I don't live here as much as you and specialties. You need to get a life.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Sep Sun 03, 2017 1:31 pm

I guess you didn't understand the sarcasm. Luckily I was here to point out what flew over your head

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Sep Sun 03, 2017 1:32 pm

bobkat wrote:
Sep Sun 03, 2017 1:10 pm
HokieAl wrote:
That is correct so I don't live here as much as you and specialties. You need to get a life.
Taking gatra to bingo isn't my idea of getting a life.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:02 pm

Here's the liberal argument
Now that the Republican health-care overhaul has failed, will Obamacare “implode”?
Gideon Lichfield...July 18, 2017
https://qz.com/1032185/will-obamacare-a ... -act-fail/
The most vulnerable group in the current system are the 12.2 million people on the individual insurance market…These are the people insured through the Obamacare markets frequently described as “failing” by president Donald Trump’s team. The better descriptor is “erratic.” That’s because insurers, still adapting to these new markets, have to submit their prices to the market six months in advance, and their efforts to do so in the first four years of their existence have resulted in some jarring premium hikes. Most of those hikes haven’t hit consumers, but instead have been borne by government subsidies.
Wasn't it Obama care that made the 12.2 million vulnerable to begin with? No one was dying due to the lack of Obama Care. But then no one had anticipated the millions who would pour into the U.S. after Obama care was forced upon us.

The whining only begins...
That process—of insurers figuring out how to price these new markets—has been thrown a jarring new loop by the Republican administration. The Trump administration has gone back and forth about whether to extend those government subsidies, known as cost-sharing reductions or CSRs. And separately, the Republican attempt to overhaul the law had created broader uncertainty, since it’s not clear what the rules of the markets will be, or if people will even be required to get health insurance—a key question for companies that set prices based on who they insure.
Isn't this just one more attempt to set opposing political forces against and vie for time. What else are they going to do? Then comes the fake news...
The Republican party hasn’t given up on a reform entirely; Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell wants a vote to repeal the ACA with a two-year delay so Congress can work on a replacement. However, that’s unlikely to pass right now. And time is not on the Republicans’ side, as Fernholz pointed out:
There is absolutely no reason the American public will go stupid again and vote Democrates back into office in the mid term elections. Democates fail to see what a breakthrough the 2016 presidential election was and they have done precious little to counter the utter distrust they have brought upon themselves. They are actually relying on the likes of Antifa to pull them through.

"No, Trump didn’t cause Obamacare to fail"
By Stephen Moore - - Sunday, May 28, 2017 for the Washington Times
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... -by-trump/
Those are troubling numbers for sure, but misleading given the Blue Cross news. If we stay with Obamacare, within a few years tens of millions will have no insurance at all that is even remotely affordable. Aetna, Humana, and other major insurers in just recent months have fled Obamacare. The Titanic has hit the iceberg and it is rapidly sinking, yet the left and the media keep fiddling on the deck. They act as though this can be fixed with “minor reforms,” but there aren’t enough bandages in America to stitch this back together.

Even more absurd is the idea that President Donald Trump and the Republicans are the ones responsible for the insurers’ leaving and the skyrocketing premiums. If you want a bellyaching laugh, here is a lead story from The New York Times last week: Insurers complain that “the Trump administration and Congress are rattling the markets. The administration’s refusal to guarantee payment of subsidies to health insurance companies, the murky outlook for the Affordable Care Act in Congress and doubts about enforcement of the mandate for most people to have insurance are driving up insurance prices for 2018, insurers say in rate requests filed with state officials.”
But liberals have to get over themselves and acknowledge that Obamacare is long beyond fixable. Cynthia Cox of the Kaiser Family Foundation, a supporter of Obamacare glumly told Business Insider last week after the BCBS retreat from the exchange markets: “If the Blue Cross Blue Shield plans or Anthem pull out of the exchanges, then that would be a serious problem for many parts of the country Whenever there is one insurance company right now, it almost always is either a Blue Cross Blue Shield or Anthem plan. It goes to show how much the exchanges rely on those plans.”

Those plans won’t be viable much longer. Here’s a prediction: by the end of the year we could have nearly half the country without insurers if this spiral continues. What we have here is the domestic policy equivalent to the Bay of Pigs.

And make no mistake about it: This calamity is Mr. Obama’s legacy, not Mr. Trump’s.
We just have to stay the course.
Last edited by Vlad_Rap on Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:20 pm

HokieAl wrote:
Sep Sun 03, 2017 1:32 pm
bobkat wrote:
Sep Sun 03, 2017 1:10 pm
HokieAl wrote:
Taking gatra to bingo isn't my idea of getting a life.
Good one I like it have a Guinness on me .

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:26 pm

Lol.

American Guinness is too watery for me.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:27 pm

Atta boy Bobkat. When all else fails - obstruct.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:30 pm

In the south of Ireland there is Murphy's. They feed it to their race horses so it must be good

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:33 pm

Here's the liberal argument
Now that the Republican health-care overhaul has failed, will Obamacare “implode”?
Gideon Lichfield...July 18, 2017
https://qz.com/1032185/will-obamacare-a ... -act-fail/
The most vulnerable group in the current system are the 12.2 million people on the individual insurance market…These are the people insured through the Obamacare markets frequently described as “failing” by president Donald Trump’s team. The better descriptor is “erratic.” That’s because insurers, still adapting to these new markets, have to submit their prices to the market six months in advance, and their efforts to do so in the first four years of their existence have resulted in some jarring premium hikes. Most of those hikes haven’t hit consumers, but instead have been borne by government subsidies.
Wasn't it Obama care that made the 12.2 million vulnerable to begin with? No one was dying due to the lack of Obama Care. But then no one had anticipated the millions who would pour into the U.S. after Obama care was forced upon us.

The whining only begins...
That process—of insurers figuring out how to price these new markets—has been thrown a jarring new loop by the Republican administration. The Trump administration has gone back and forth about whether to extend those government subsidies, known as cost-sharing reductions or CSRs. And separately, the Republican attempt to overhaul the law had created broader uncertainty, since it’s not clear what the rules of the markets will be, or if people will even be required to get health insurance—a key question for companies that set prices based on who they insure.
Isn't this just one more attempt to set opposing political forces against and vie for time. What else are they going to do? Then comes the fake news...
The Republican party hasn’t given up on a reform entirely; Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell wants a vote to repeal the ACA with a two-year delay so Congress can work on a replacement. However, that’s unlikely to pass right now. And time is not on the Republicans’ side, as Fernholz pointed out:

There is absolutely no reason the American public will go stupid again and vote Democrates back into office in the mid term elections. Democates fail to see what a breakthrough the 2016 presidential election was and they have done precious little to counter the utter distrust they have brought upon themselves. They are actually relying on the likes of Antifa to pull them through.
"No, Trump didn’t cause Obamacare to fail"
By Stephen Moore - - Sunday, May 28, 2017 for the Washington Times
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... -by-trump/
Those are troubling numbers for sure, but misleading given the Blue Cross news. If we stay with Obamacare, within a few years tens of millions will have no insurance at all that is even remotely affordable. Aetna, Humana, and other major insurers in just recent months have fled Obamacare. The Titanic has hit the iceberg and it is rapidly sinking, yet the left and the media keep fiddling on the deck. They act as though this can be fixed with “minor reforms,” but there aren’t enough bandages in America to stitch this back together.

Even more absurd is the idea that President Donald Trump and the Republicans are the ones responsible for the insurers’ leaving and the skyrocketing premiums. If you want a bellyaching laugh, here is a lead story from The New York Times last week: Insurers complain that “the Trump administration and Congress are rattling the markets. The administration’s refusal to guarantee payment of subsidies to health insurance companies, the murky outlook for the Affordable Care Act in Congress and doubts about enforcement of the mandate for most people to have insurance are driving up insurance prices for 2018, insurers say in rate requests filed with state officials.”

But liberals have to get over themselves and acknowledge that Obamacare is long beyond fixable. Cynthia Cox of the Kaiser Family Foundation, a supporter of Obamacare glumly told Business Insider last week after the BCBS retreat from the exchange markets: “If the Blue Cross Blue Shield plans or Anthem pull out of the exchanges, then that would be a serious problem for many parts of the country Whenever there is one insurance company right now, it almost always is either a Blue Cross Blue Shield or Anthem plan. It goes to show how much the exchanges rely on those plans.”

Those plans won’t be viable much longer. Here’s a prediction: by the end of the year we could have nearly half the country without insurers if this spiral continues. What we have here is the domestic policy equivalent to the Bay of Pigs.

And make no mistake about it: This calamity is Mr. Obama’s legacy, not Mr. Trump’s.
We just have to stay the course.

Geez! How did that happen? I'll betcha anything Donald Trump had something to do with it!!
Last edited by Vlad_Rap on Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:34 pm

I think I'll pass on that one. From what I've heard, Guinness over there is very good.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:37 pm

Vlad_Rap wrote:
Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:27 pm
Vlad_Rap I didn't know I was in the way. Our system for delivering health insurance is employer base. If we want to compete today in this world .We must take the cost of health care(insurance )out of the services and products we make. Even though the the tax code is set up for companies to offer health insurance as a benefit. The cost is growing to fast that it increases the cost of our products and services. But the simple answer to deliver health care for everyone is to have medicare for all.
Last edited by bobkat on Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:39 pm

Well that's what you do - isn't it? Your a wishy washy conservative at best.
Last edited by Vlad_Rap on Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:40 pm

Vlad_Rap wrote:
Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:39 pm
Well that's what you do - isn't it?
WTF are you talking about

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:41 pm

bobkat wrote:
Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:37 pm
Vlad_Rap wrote:
The cost is growing to fast that it increases the cost of our products and services.
At least you understand why insurance is expensive.

Let the market decide. Get the govt out of it. Costs will drop.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:44 pm

HokieAl wrote:
Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:34 pm
I think I'll pass on that one. From what I've heard, Guinness over there is very good.

The sad thing Guinness is owned by Heineken now. Now you will see new types of Guinness coming to the market. I myself likes a good Irish whiskey served neat.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:47 pm

The sad thing is trying to divert attention to the matter at hand.
We know liberals are just sick. But wishy washy conservatives? That may be worse.

Now wait. I hadn't seen this.
Correct. Without government interference and given enough time the capitalist market will take care of itself.
Last edited by Vlad_Rap on Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:51 pm

HokieAl wrote:
Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:41 pm
bobkat wrote:
Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:37 pm
Vlad_Rap wrote:
The cost is growing to fast that it increases the cost of our products and services.
At least you understand why insurance is expensive.

HokieAl I disagree with you .Health insurance in the private market is to make a profit. I am against profit on people that are ill. If we have medicare for all there is a market for private insurance . Medicare is major medical .Hospital stays have deductibles and Doctor's services are paid at 80%. The supplemental insurance would cover those costs . There is a lot of competition for this business today.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:57 pm

Vlad_Rap wrote:
Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:47 pm
The sad thing is trying to divert attention to the matter at hand.
We know liberals are just sick. But wishy washy conservatives? That may be worse.
Vald_Rap you have heard of the G8 .These 8 industrial nations only one doesn't guarantee health care for their citizens .Do you want to take a guess which country that is.

Here is another thing that is very important . Best quality of life list 1,Canada 2,Sweden 3,Denmark 4,Australia 5,Norway . Can you explain why the United States ranks #18.
Last edited by bobkat on Sep Sun 03, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Sep Sun 03, 2017 7:02 pm

bobkat wrote:
Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:51 pm
Health insurance in the private market is to make a profit. I am against profit on people that are ill. If we have medicare for all there is a market for private
Of course it is.

Doctors make a profit too. It's called their income.

The problem is that govt makes a profit. Government is not supposed to be here to make a profit.

Your altruism is godly.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Sep Sun 03, 2017 7:03 pm

I am against profit on people that are ill.
Profit? So what facet of healthcare do you think should not make a living.

You liberals are just so full of these emotional platitudes. You make yourselves sick.
These 8 industrial nations only one doesn't guarantee health care for their citizens .Do you want to take a guess which country that is.
The absolute worse thing we can do is try to be like everyone else - especially Europe.
Last edited by Vlad_Rap on Sep Sun 03, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Sep Sun 03, 2017 7:06 pm

HokieAl wrote:
Sep Sun 03, 2017 7:02 pm
bobkat wrote:
Sep Sun 03, 2017 6:51 pm
Health insurance in the private market is to make a profit. I am against profit on people that are ill. If we have medicare for all there is a market for private
Of course it is.

Doctors make a profit too. It's called their income.

The problem is that govt makes a profit. Government is not supposed to be here to make a profit.

Your altruism is godly.
You do realize that the United States copied Canada when we offered Medicare. In Canada Doctors do not work for the provincial governments .They are in private practice .

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Sep Sun 03, 2017 7:09 pm

I don't want to be like Canada

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Sep Sun 03, 2017 7:11 pm

HokieAl wrote:
Sep Sun 03, 2017 7:09 pm
I don't want to be like Canada
so you don't want to be #1 thats ok you like being #18 not even in the top ten

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Sep Sun 03, 2017 7:11 pm

Check that...The worse thing we could do is be like Canada. I hadn't thought of Canada because in the larger picture they are of little consequence - even with all the opinion they spend all winter drumming up. Its too bad Canada can't make opinion an industry

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Sep Sun 03, 2017 7:13 pm

HokieAl are you saying Medicare is a failure . I don't think you could find one senior citizen that thinks that way.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Sep Sun 03, 2017 7:16 pm

Hmm. Why do so many of them come here for treatment?

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Sep Sun 03, 2017 7:17 pm

Vlad_Rap wrote:
Sep Sun 03, 2017 7:11 pm
Check that...The worse thing we could do is be like Canada. I hadn't thought of Canada because in the larger picture they are of little consequence - even with all the opinion they spend all winter drumming up. Its too bad Canada can't make opinion an industry
Vald_Rap you are really #%#%#%. Canada is our largest trading partner and we important most of our oil from Canada. Plus if you every travel outside of Massachusetts to another country. You will learn fast that the rest of the world listens to Canada before an American from the United States.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Sep Sun 03, 2017 7:18 pm

bobkat wrote:
Sep Sun 03, 2017 7:17 pm
Plus if you every travel outside of Massachusetts to another country. You will learn fast that the rest of the world listens to Canada before an American from the United States.
Advice. Stay out of North Korea

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Sep Sun 03, 2017 7:21 pm

HokieAl are you saying Medicare is a failure . I don't think you could find one senior citizen that thinks that way.
Obama care is a failure. Medicare is where we should draw the line. Government intrusion into health care will not make us #1. It will just make us more controlled.
You will learn fast that the rest of the world listens to Canada before an American from the United States.
Wow. What a lie! Bobkat, why do you hate your country?
Last edited by Vlad_Rap on Sep Sun 03, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Sep Sun 03, 2017 7:25 pm

Vlad_Rap wrote:
Sep Sun 03, 2017 7:16 pm
Hmm. Why do so many of them come here for treatment?
Please state some facts. It is true that Some Canadians come here for elective services. But it is only people that can pay out of pocket. So you could say we have the best health care money can buy and everyone else go pound sand. You have never had first hand experience with the health care system practice in the Canadian provinces.