The "Global Warming" Debates-a.k.a. "Arguing with Idiots"

Issues of a more global nature: National Politics, etc.
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com
Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Re: The "Global Warming" Debates-a.k.a. "Arguing with Idiots"

Post by Vlad_Rap » May Mon 01, 2017 6:31 pm

No one could possibly have come up with a better crisis than "climate change" to give the Globalists every excuse to establish the thousand year, world wide, bureaucracy, far exceeding the Federal Reserve, in which Hillary aspired to. The United States would have continued, in name only ,as a minor regional political sub-division. The 2nd Amendment would have been undermined and the Constitution would have been lost.

And there are some people out there who still truly believe it was not the plan for the bureaucracy that came before the creation of the crisis.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » May Tue 02, 2017 9:54 am

Vlad_Rap wrote:No one could possibly have come up with a better crisis than "climate change"

Vald_Rap I just want to get this straight. You are saying there is no climate change.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » May Tue 02, 2017 9:56 am

bobkat wrote:
Vlad_Rap wrote:No one could possibly have come up with a better crisis than "climate change"

Vald_Rap I just want to get this straight. You are saying there is no climate change.
No wonder why your viewpoints are the way they are. How did you make that leap?

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » May Tue 02, 2017 1:32 pm

Bobkat - Of course there is climate change. Nothing ever stays the same. What I said was the "crisis" brought on by the threat of climate change is what the globalist succubi have latched onto in attempts to control us.

What we do not know , and what is most likely unknowable is to what extent climate change is caused by man - if those changes, if any, are constant world wide - and if those changes, if any, will turn out to be harmful or detrimental for the larger part of the world population. Most importantly the globalists will tell us they know exactly what to do about it!! They would tear down out borders then put us into debt and abject slavery trying to combat the earth's natural changes. Maura Healey, for example, has gotten the ball rolling with her very expensive lawsuit with Exxon but it is unlikely Hillary or George Sorros are taking many of her calls these days.

Mac66
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Mac66 » May Fri 19, 2017 8:33 am

http://www.atlanticlink.com/en/home/the ... fault.aspx
The Atlantic Link Project is a proposed high voltage direct current (HVdc) transmission line that will deliver 900 megawatts (MW) of clean energy from Atlantic Canada directly to Massachusetts. The project will provide the Commonwealth, and the New England electricity system, long-term access to renewable energy at stable prices.
The Atlantic Link will reliably deliver clean electricity to Massachusetts, from wind farms and hydro facilities in Atlantic Canada and northern Maine through a secure, submarine transmission cable. This new access to clean energy will contribute to requirements in Massachusetts for sustainable, long-term reductions in greenhouse gas emissions, as well as creating a new path for the transmission of clean energy from Canada to southern New England.

The Need

This project is being proposed in response to a mid-year procurement for clean energy that is mandated by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts under an Act signed into law last August by Governor Charlie Baker. The procurement is intended to diversify the Commonwealth’s energy mix and help reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, contributing to GHG reduction targets established under the Commonwealth’s 2008 Global Warming Solutions Act. This energy is also important as a replacement for non-GHG-emitting electricity that will be lost with the scheduled closure in mid-2019 of the Pilgrim Nuclear Station. Atlantic Link is one of several proposed projects expected to compete in the Commonwealth’s clean energy procurement process.

Project Benefits

For Massachusetts, the Atlantic Link will create more clean energy options, a new, reliable delivery corridor for the delivery of clean energy, lower greenhouse gas emissions, and reduced dependency on natural gas-fired generation.
Clean energy, revenue for MA.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » May Fri 19, 2017 9:30 am

How is buying electricity from Canada revenue for MA?

That's about enough to replace Pilgrim once it shuts down. As long as it stays windy.

Mac66
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Mac66 » May Fri 19, 2017 9:40 am

Entergy pays about 10 million in taxes per year. That's gone in in 2019. This project, if approved, will pay about 3 million per year. Plus construction jobs building a facility near Pilgrim.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » May Fri 19, 2017 9:54 am

Mac66 wrote:Entergy pays about 10 million in taxes per year. That's gone in in 2019. This project, if approved, will pay about 3 million per year. Plus construction jobs building a facility near Pilgrim.
It won't all be gone, just most of it. Another big impact will be the loss of good paying jobs (over 100K) in that area. And all the income taxes and spending associated with that.

Mac66
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Mac66 » May Fri 19, 2017 10:00 am

According to the UMass report, Pilgrim Station offers good paying jobs to a skilled and specialized workforce. Those jobs, said presenter Jennifer Stromsten, pay higher wages than the state median. According to the report, The average weekly wage at Pilgrim Station is more than double the average wage in Plymouth. Pilgrim, she said, employees about 600 people, while creating about 600 secondary jobs in the area. Most of the plant’s employees, she said, live in the area and spend their money here. Plymouth itself is home to 190 of those workers.
Add maybe 300 town jobs cut due to tax shortfall.

Where is the 100K number coming from?

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » May Fri 19, 2017 10:22 am

Mac66 wrote:
According to the UMass report, Pilgrim Station offers good paying jobs to a skilled and specialized workforce. Those jobs, said presenter Jennifer Stromsten, pay higher wages than the state median. According to the report, The average weekly wage at Pilgrim Station is more than double the average wage in Plymouth. Pilgrim, she said, employees about 600 people, while creating about 600 secondary jobs in the area. Most of the plant’s employees, she said, live in the area and spend their money here. Plymouth itself is home to 190 of those workers.

I was told that no one there makes less than 100K per year.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » May Fri 19, 2017 10:22 am

Mac66 wrote:

I was told that no one there makes less than 100K per year.

Kurt Schluter
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Kurt Schluter » Jun Sat 03, 2017 3:22 pm

Post is 10 years old!! It took vPresident Trump only a few months to finally take action.
Make America Great Again!
Trump/Pence 2016

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Jun Wed 28, 2017 6:39 am

Good Dog

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Jul Thu 06, 2017 10:33 pm

No Way!
Study Finds Temperature Adjustments Account For ‘Nearly All Of The Warming’ In Climate Data
http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/05/exclu ... mate-data/

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Jul Sat 08, 2017 7:51 am

HokieAl wrote:
May Fri 19, 2017 9:30 am
How is buying electricity from Canada revenue for MA?

That's about enough to replace Pilgrim once it shuts down. As long as it stays windy.
Where do you come up with your information "As long as it stays windy." You have heard of Hydro-Québec. They are the ones selling to America and electricity produce by them is 99% from water.They supply 10% of New Englands needs as of now but can increase as more need is required.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Jul Sat 08, 2017 8:00 am

As long as there isn't a drought then.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Jul Sat 08, 2017 8:34 am

HokieAl wrote:
Jul Sat 08, 2017 8:00 am
As long as there isn't a drought then.
boy you come up with some crazy statements . Yea a drought in northern Quebec .

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Aug Wed 02, 2017 2:15 pm

bobkat wrote:
Jul Sat 08, 2017 8:34 am
Yea a drought in northern Quebec .
http://www.agr.gc.ca/eng/programs-and-s ... 7724907072

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Aug Wed 02, 2017 2:16 pm

In just this past year, Gore burned through enough energy to power the typical American household for more than 21 years
http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/02/exclu ... household/

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Aug Wed 02, 2017 4:05 pm

bobkat only takes his news from marxist pajama boy in Canada and acts accordingly... Even 'warming'
this one will fry you, komrade bobby...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAZLRwyRJUA He just dropped a dime on bobby...

The Death of Canada. Prepare Yourself Accordingly. And you want US to follow, buzz off, mite!!!
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Aug Thu 03, 2017 6:52 am

HokieAl wrote:
Aug Wed 02, 2017 2:15 pm
bobkat wrote:
Your map show where there has below average rain and snowfall . But the hydro is on the rivers in Norther Quebec. Those rivers are not in the drought area. I can tell you have never been in Northern Quebec or maybe not even in Quebec.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Aug Thu 03, 2017 8:56 am

bobkat wrote:
Aug Thu 03, 2017 6:52 am
HokieAl wrote:
Aug Wed 02, 2017 2:15 pm
bobkat wrote:
Your map show where there has below average rain and snowfall . But the hydro is on the rivers in Norther Quebec. Those rivers are not in the drought area. I can tell you have never been in Northern Quebec or maybe not even in Quebec.
Your implication is that there aren't ever droughts where the hydro is?

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Aug Thu 03, 2017 11:28 am

HokieAl wrote:
Aug Thu 03, 2017 8:56 am
bobkat wrote:
Aug Thu 03, 2017 6:52 am
Your implication is that there aren't ever droughts where the hydro is?
That is correct there is no drought where the hydro dams are now ,but Quebec hydro is also turning to wind power. Where the dams are located there is not much population . So building wind mills and connecting to the existing distribution system .It is a win win .

Hydro-Québec Production owned and operated 61 hydro plants—including 12 of over a 1,000 MW capacity— 26 major reservoirs. These facilities are located in 13 of Quebec's 430 watersheds, including the Saint Lawrence, Betsiamites, La Grande, Manicouagan, Ottawa, Outardes, and Saint-Maurice rivers.

Profits from Quebec hydro supports the health care in Quebec. People in Quebec get double benefits from Quebec Hydro, cheap electric and health care. I know the health care works in Quebec as my son was on it for 4 years and said it was better than what we had in Massachusetts (Harvard Pilgrim).
Last edited by bobkat on Aug Thu 03, 2017 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Aug Thu 03, 2017 11:31 am

bobkat wrote:
Aug Thu 03, 2017 11:28 am

That is correct there is no drought where the hydro dams are now
You attempted to pivot.

There may not be a drought now, but there are droughts, and they happen there. And that reduces the amount of power they can produce. It has happened in the past and it will happen again.
bobkat wrote:
Aug Thu 03, 2017 11:28 am
So building wind mills and connecting to the existing distribution system .It is a win win .
Not really. Wind power is one of the most expensive forms. If you'd like it hooked up to your house fine. I'd rather get my electricity from a more economical source.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Aug Thu 03, 2017 11:34 am

HokieAl you know nothing about Quebec Hydro.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Aug Thu 03, 2017 11:39 am

bobkat wrote:
Aug Thu 03, 2017 11:34 am
So about the exact same amount as you know.

BTW, there is no "Quebec Hydro". So you definitely don't know anything about it.
Last edited by HokieAl on Aug Thu 03, 2017 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Aug Thu 03, 2017 11:47 am

:lol: Get the hook!!!

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Aug Thu 03, 2017 11:54 am

HokieAl wrote:
Aug Thu 03, 2017 11:39 am
bobkat wrote:
Aug Thu 03, 2017 11:34 am
So about the exact same amount as you know.
At least I have gone to 4 of the dams traveling to Ft. Rupert .

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Aug Thu 03, 2017 12:21 pm

Great Bobkat so I've been to the Hoover Dam and therefore know all about the federal government

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Aug Thu 03, 2017 12:28 pm

HokieAl wrote:
Aug Thu 03, 2017 12:21 pm
Great Bobkat so I've been to the Hoover Dam and therefore know all about the federal government
How could you know anything about the federal government when you haven't taken a civics course. Oh I have been there also.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Aug Thu 03, 2017 12:56 pm

bobkat wrote:
Aug Thu 03, 2017 12:28 pm
HokieAl wrote:
How could you know anything about the federal government when you haven't taken a civics course. Oh I have been there also.
Like I said, I was at the Hoover Dam, therefore I know it all. Drove by the Brant Rock Fish Market this morning. Guess what - I know everything about fishing now. So your extensive knowledge of "Quebec Hydro" (Hydro-Quebec) stems from the fact that you drove by a few dams.

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Aug Thu 03, 2017 1:13 pm

And he studied with Charles Krauthammer as well @ McGill... And an avid follower of Che' too...

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Aug Thu 03, 2017 7:56 pm

HokieAl wrote:
Aug Thu 03, 2017 12:56 pm
bobkat wrote:
HokieAl wrote:
Like I said, I was at the Hoover Dam, therefore I know it all. Drove by the Brant Rock Fish Market this morning. Guess what - I know everything about fishing now. So your extensive knowledge of "Quebec Hydro" (Hydro-Quebec) stems from the fact that you drove by a few dams.
No the reason I know it .My son did his thesis on it at Mcgill . Mcgill is a pretty good engineering school .

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Aug Thu 03, 2017 9:14 pm

bobkat, didja see the Trumpster in WV tonight??

The governor flipped over to Republican!!!

Hang it up... Hot air is the only global warming...

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Aug Thu 03, 2017 9:58 pm

bobkat wrote:
Aug Thu 03, 2017 7:56 pm
HokieAl wrote:
Aug Thu 03, 2017 12:56 pm
bobkat wrote:

No the reason I know it .My son did his thesis on it at Mcgill . Mcgill is a pretty good engineering school .
It? What is "it"? You're not your son anyway. You seem to think that if you drive by something or have a family member involved in something that you're qualified too by osmosis. Wouldn't it be nice if it were that easy. BTW, I know someone who took civics, therefore I'm an expert.

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Aug Fri 04, 2017 10:30 am

flash to bobkat... ZZZ

bobby, marx zuckerberg is really considering religion... Who you gonna call??

You still holding the church in reserve?? You know, ace in the hole?? We have to know...

U been Trumped... Get over it... Besides, we're not sore winners...

We've all screwed up royal, that's why the King... It works...

This is all starting to look like real comfy warming.... In the Spirit that is...

Not only globally but to eternity as well... Watta deal!!!

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Aug Sun 06, 2017 8:50 am

Good Dog

Mac66
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Mac66 » Aug Tue 08, 2017 8:49 am

marx zuckerberg is really considering religion
More like replacing it... he's considering religion like a cat considers a mouse...
It's so striking that for decades, membership in all kinds of groups has declined as much as one-quarter," he said during a rally for Facebook users who've built large community-support groups on the site. "That's a lot of people who now need to find a sense of purpose and support somewhere else." He added, "People who go to church are more likely to volunteer and give to charity — not just because they're religious, but because they're part of a community."

Zuckerberg thinks Facebook can help, using its networking power to organize people. "A church doesn't just come together. It has a pastor who cares for the well-being of their congregation, makes sure they have food and shelter." "A little league team has a coach who motivates the kids and helps them hit better. Leaders set the culture, inspire us, give us a safety net, and look out for us." Zuckerberg has now had six months to study how some savvy Facebook users turned the internet platform he built into an online machine.

Now that he's seen how powerful a tool Facebook can be, Zuckerberg is pushing to use Facebook's artificial intelligence algorithm to make the site even better at organizing online communities. "We started a project to see if we could get better at suggesting groups that will be meaningful to you. We started building artificial intelligence to do this. And it works." "In the first 6 months, we helped 50% more people join meaningful communities." His ultimate goal is to convince 1 billion users to join Facebook communities. "If we can do this, it will not only turn around the whole decline in community membership we've seen for decades, it will start to strengthen our social fabric and bring the world closer together."

Bringing people closer together is so important that "we're going to change Facebook's whole mission to take this on,"
Bottom line: Zuck believes current religions institutions are obsolete, irrelevant. He has a better way.

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Aug Tue 08, 2017 9:12 am

Bring the world closer together, like Zuckerburg does with his neighbors?
Good Dog

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Aug Tue 08, 2017 5:35 pm

Consider this:

Tens of millions of good liberal Christians were recently embarrassed and let down by the fact that their guru goddess did not make the cut for president...
They could have kept their faith but were lost in a rotten form or religion known as marxism... Think stalin version, fidel, pot, maduro etc., all super losers...

The former useful idiots still want to help people and to that end they in some part will rejoin their Church and continue God's true work...

Unfortunately for them they put their Spiritual eggs in a corrupt and poisoned form of religion only with man as god...
It still hasn't worked even recently when the bama took a stab at it for 10 trillion on the plastic card and it still can't sustain itself...
And now Venezuela as latest example... 'Emperor Jones all over again'... Like a broken record...

Nope, we need the Almighty Power... Same yesterday, today, and tomorrow!!!

Marx is dead so long live our mighty King... So Jesus isn't so bad after all, eh?? That's REAL global warming... Not fake, vicious...