The "Global Warming" Debates-a.k.a. "Arguing with Idiots"

Issues of a more global nature: National Politics, etc.
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com
specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Re: The "Global Warming" Debates-a.k.a. "Arguing with Idiots"

Post by specialties » May Wed 25, 2016 11:13 am

bridge troll,

Your fuhrer in chief ( not jorge' schwartz ) has been apologizing to the poor and underdeveloped countries because of the USA roll in causing so much man made global warming...

to wit:
President Barack Obama blames Western civilization for its enormous contribution to climate change, saying it’s no fair that rapidly developing countries in the East may have to suffer the consequences of the industrial revolution.
* I can only guess that he needs to take a trip to China and India and get in to their face...
You up for that, troll??

It seems that we have destroyed the developing nation's future from our carbon imperialism...

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-president ... te-change/

Sail on, shill... Vote hill... And don't forget to squawk 77 as the walls come tumbling down...
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...

Mac66
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Mac66 » May Wed 25, 2016 1:18 pm

Despite what you may read or see in the mainstream media, out in the real world, massive and rapid changes are taking place in many ecological systems as a result of global warming. The Earth seems to be already convinced of global warming and is responding quickly.

Perhaps the most significant, and likely most enduring, are the shifts taking place in the Earth's oceans. Whilst many readers may have read or heard about Ocean Acidification, there are numerous other changes taking place in the oceans which should be equally as concerning. One such phenomena to appear in the last few decades is mass coral bleaching, a consequence of the continued warming of the oceans. Once vast stretches of colourful reefs teeming with marine life are being reduced to lifeless rubble covered in seaweed or slime. Many areas are not recovering, and the scale and frequency of bleaching worldwide is getting worse. In fact, early reports suggest 2010 may have witnessed the largest single bleaching event ever recorded.

The lowdown on coral bleaching

Reef-coral are actually a symbiosis (a mutually beneficial relationship) between the coral polyp, an anemone-like creature, and tiny algae called zooxanthellae. The coral provide shelter and nutrients for the algae , and in exchange the algae provide carbohydrates (food) to the polyp, using energy from the sun (photosynthesis) and the nutrients provided by the coral. These algae live in the skin tissue of the polyp and produce the coloured pigments which make coral reefs so visually spectacular. When this partnership breaks down the polyps expel the algae, which leads to the "bleached" effect. Although the polyp does feed using its tentacles to snare food, the bulk of its nutrition (90%+) comes from the algae, and they are a critical component of coral skeleton formation and therefore reef maintenance and growth. Without symbiotic algae, the coral can die from starvation, or become so weakened by a lack of food, that it succumbs to harmful bacteria (Mao-Jones 2010), and/or seaweeds which can poison and kill coral on contact.
Argue the politics (uselessly) all you want. Coral bleaching is real, is caused by oceans heating up, and is not reversible.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » May Wed 25, 2016 2:06 pm

And that shows it's due to humans how?

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » May Wed 25, 2016 3:23 pm

Cuz they melted the iceberg which covered the deep southern USA... I told them this would happen!!!

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » May Fri 27, 2016 9:06 pm

Why do so many officials FEAR and kowtow to the Marshfield Airport gang?

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » May Sat 28, 2016 5:40 am

Earth is not the only planet affected by climate change and global warming
So they also had an ice age and are warming...

Did we do that too??

Uh-Uh, you didn't do that, someone else did...

Figures... OK, no more arguing with idiots then...

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Jun Thu 02, 2016 8:47 am

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 60941.html

I bet this guy thinks global warming is a threat to mankind
Good Dog

Mac66
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Mac66 » Jun Thu 09, 2016 12:36 pm

Now, it's a hoax. Then:
As negotiators headed to Copenhagen in December 2009 to forge a global climate pact, concerned U.S. business leaders and liberal luminaries took out a full-page ad in the New York Times calling for aggressive climate action. In an open letter to President Obama and the U.S. Congress, they declared: “If we fail to act now, it is scientifically irrefutable that there will be catastrophic and irreversible consequences for humanity and our planet.”

One of the signatories of that letter: Donald Trump.

Also signed by Trump’s three adult children, the letter called for passage of U.S. climate legislation, investment in the clean energy economy, and leadership to inspire the rest of the world to join the fight against climate change.

“We support your effort to ensure meaningful and effective measures to control climate change, an immediate challenge facing the United States and the world today,” the letter tells the president and Congress. “Please allow us, the United States of America, to serve in modeling the change necessary to protect humanity and our planet.”

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Jun Thu 09, 2016 5:48 pm

investment in the clean energy economy, and leadership to inspire the rest of the world to join
Bingo!!

Like the junk mail adds for FREE electricity...

When it becomes cost effective then we'll buy some...

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Bridges » Jun Thu 09, 2016 9:03 pm

Mac66 wrote:Now, it's a hoax. Then:
As negotiators headed to Copenhagen in December 2009 to forge a global climate pact, concerned U.S. business leaders and liberal luminaries took out a full-page ad in the New York Times calling for aggressive climate action. In an open letter to President Obama and the U.S. Congress, they declared: “If we fail to act now, it is scientifically irrefutable that there will be catastrophic and irreversible consequences for humanity and our planet.”

One of the signatories of that letter: Donald Trump.

Also signed by Trump’s three adult children, the letter called for passage of U.S. climate legislation, investment in the clean energy economy, and leadership to inspire the rest of the world to join the fight against climate change.

“We support your effort to ensure meaningful and effective measures to control climate change, an immediate challenge facing the United States and the world today,” the letter tells the president and Congress. “Please allow us, the United States of America, to serve in modeling the change necessary to protect humanity and our planet.”
Oh, it's worse than that, Mac...

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/d ... rse-223436
Trump acknowledges climate change — at his golf course
The billionaire, who called global warming a hoax, warns of its dire effects in his company's application to build a sea wall.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/d ... z4B8JDqz74
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
Incredibly hypocrisy

On the campaign trail, he publicly spews the party line on climate change. However, when it comes to REALITY...when it affects HIM, he CLEARLY is a believer!
A permit application for the wall, filed by Trump International Golf Links Ireland and reviewed by POLITICO, explicitly cites global warming and its consequences — increased erosion due to rising sea levels and extreme weather this century — as a chief justification for building the structure.
“It's diabolical," said former South Carolina Republican Rep. Bob Inglis, an advocate of conservative solutions to climate change. “Donald Trump is working to ensure his at-risk properties and his company is trying to figure out how to deal with sea level rise. Meanwhile, he’s saying things to audiences that he must know are not true. … You have a soft place in your heart for people who are honestly ignorant, but people who are deceitful, that’s a different thing.”
The "honestly ignorant" could be Erik K (I think). The deceitful...that would be Mark Casper...JIMD..Joe P, Mugsy.

As for Trump:
Trump’s company has warned not only the county council of the perils of climate change, but also local residents. An appendix to TIGL’s planning application includes a scan of a brochure that the company has distributed to residents to make the case for building the proposed coastal protection works. The heading of one page — emblazoned with a “Trump Doonbeg” logo — is “Need for Coastal Protection.” The page lists four bullet points, the last of which is, "Predicted sea level rise and more frequent storm events will increase the rate of erosion throughout the 21st century."
Trump is the ultimate example of pandering to the electorate. He KNOWS the reality. On many issues.

But he doesn't care (in public). In ANY situation, he just tells the audience what he thinks they want to hear. And if there is blowback from something he says, he just walks it right back, and reverses course.

How any moron can vote for that is beyond me.

But it won't matter..As I have been saying for months and months, Hillary is a shoe-in. It's all falling into place. Bernie is showing clear signs (finally) of getting behind her. Warren may well be the VP - a truly historic ticket. And she is a pitbull bashing Trump - his worst nightmare.

Yeah - I wish Warren would top the ticket - who doesn't.

Bernie has pledged to help stop Trump at all costs, and he will. And his supporters will grumble, but they will eventually choose the lesser of two evils...especially if Bernie urges them to, and Warren as well.
Scituate BOS, BU Prof and scientist Rick Murray: The only real answer is retreat. I feel for these people...They inherited their house from their great grandmother or spent a lot of money to buy it. But...we are fighting a losing battle with the sea.

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Jun Fri 10, 2016 6:26 am

http://www.wsj.com/articles/clinton-ema ... 1465509863

she may be indicted, she's been lying/spinning the entire time, 32,000 e-mailS deleted and you continue to support her. It goes to show your misguided partisanship.

Her server was used for top secret communication and she's known it the entire time. She broke the law
Good Dog

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Bridges » Jun Fri 10, 2016 7:19 am

JIMD wrote:http://www.wsj.com/articles/clinton-ema ... 1465509863
32,000 e-mailS deleted and you continue to support her. It goes to show your misguided partisanship.
Did you forget this? :shock: I'll see your 32,000, and raise you 22 million :roll: !

http://www.pbs.org/weta/washingtonweek/ ... use-emails
PBS wrote:Potential 2016 presidential candidate Hillary Clinton addresses reporters in New York about her exclusive use of a private email server during her tenure as secretary of state. Republicans and some Democrats are questioning whether all of the emails she sent during her tenure were archived or if she is withholding some. We look back at another controversy involving thousands of White House emails that were sent on a private server that were deleted in this April 2007 Washington Week.

In 2007, when Congress asked the Bush administration for emails surrounding the firing of eights U.S. attorneys, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales revealed that many of the emails requested could not be produced because they were sent on a non-government email server. The officials had used the private domain gwb43.com, a server run by the Republican National Committee. Two years later, it was revealed that potentially 22 million emails were deleted, which was considered by some to be a violation of the Presidential Records Act.
Or from Time: http://content.time.com/time/nation/art ... 14,00.html

You have a VERY short, VERY selective memory, JIMD.
Her server was used for top secret communication and she's known it the entire time. She broke the law
Bullshit. I am a damn bit more familiar with the rules and regs of this domain than you. I am trained on them constantly.

Everything was RETROACTIVELY classified. Meaning it was NOT marked as such (which is ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED BY LAW) at the time it came to her.

NEVER heard of anyone being prosecuted for that, and I've been at this for decades. There are good reasons for classification markings. They follow a very rigid standard, so that there is no question on anyone's part what is classified, and what is not. There are markings on the cover page, on the top and bottom of each page, and markings on each and every paragraph. And all charts and graphs.

Without those markings, there is now way you could tell, unless you happened to be a domain expert yourself, and are intimately familiar with the security classification guide for that domain. Nobody could possibly be for every domain, and that is why documents MUST be properly marked.
Scituate BOS, BU Prof and scientist Rick Murray: The only real answer is retreat. I feel for these people...They inherited their house from their great grandmother or spent a lot of money to buy it. But...we are fighting a losing battle with the sea.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Jun Fri 10, 2016 8:19 am

She now says nothing was marked classified. She no longer says nothing was classified. Marking does not classified make.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Jun Fri 10, 2016 8:23 am

Bridges wrote:Bullshit. I am a damn bit more familiar with the rules and regs of this domain than you. I am trained on them constantly.
OK big shot. Everyone knows you know everything. How was the mensa meeting last night? Did you impress?

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Bridges » Jun Fri 10, 2016 9:22 am

HokieAl wrote:
Bridges wrote:Bullshit. I am a damn bit more familiar with the rules and regs of this domain than you. I am trained on them constantly.
OK big shot. Everyone knows you know everything. How was the mensa meeting last night? Did you impress?
Not a matter of being smart.

It's more like it's my job to know. It's what I do.

And ANYONE working in this domain, is trained on the rules regularly. That's just the way it is, and if you worked in this domain, you'd know that.

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Bridges » Jun Fri 10, 2016 9:32 am

HokieAl wrote:She now says nothing was marked classified. She no longer says nothing was classified. Marking does not classified make.
No.

But I am telling you, in the multiple decades that I have been in this domain, I have never heard of anyone ever being prosecuted for being on the receiving end of classified material (even if it was properly marked as such).

Yes, docs may have been classified at the time she received them. But she will NEVER be prodecuted for that, unless it can be proven she knew the info was classified, and asked the sender to send it unclassified.

And I have seen zero hard evidence of that. Everything I have seen says "retroactively classified".

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Bridges » Jun Fri 10, 2016 9:40 am

Bridges wrote:
HokieAl wrote:She now says nothing was marked classified. She no longer says nothing was classified. Marking does not classified make.
No.

But I am telling you, in the multiple decades that I have been in this domain, I have never heard of anyone ever being prosecuted for being on the receiving end of classified material (even if it was properly marked as such).

Yes, docs may have been classified at the time she received them. But she will NEVER be prodecuted for that, unless it can be proven she knew the info was classified, and asked the sender to send it unclassified.

And I have seen zero hard evidence of that. Everything I have seen says "retroactively classified".

Colin Powell has admitted using private email as Sec State. No, it was not in his house, But it was non-govt email, so effectively the same thing,

And Bush staffers also used non govt email servers...for millions of emails. And we'll never know what those contained, as most are gone forever.

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Jun Fri 10, 2016 10:22 am

unless it can be proven she knew the info was classified,

you're not paying attention she had instructed people to remove the TS markings then send
Good Dog

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Jun Fri 10, 2016 10:28 am

Good Dog

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Bridges » Jun Fri 10, 2016 10:35 am

JIMD wrote:unless it can be proven she knew the info was classified,

you're not paying attention she had instructed people to remove the TS markings then send
We'll see. GOP is saying that. I will wait until the FBI says that.

She says that when unable to communicate via secure channels, she requested aides to paraphrase so that sensitive details were omitted.

I can tell you that sort of thing happens every day, routinely, across the govt. And it's acceptable, as long as the person doing the paraphrasing knows the material well, and is careful that classified details are left out. You can still often communicate meaningfully about a subject, and omit / talk around any classified details. For example, sometimes it's specific numbers that are classified, so you leave those out.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Jun Fri 10, 2016 11:26 am

I can tell you that sort of thing happens every day, routinely, across the govt.
And we're so lucky to have advantage of all your exclusive insider information.

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Bridges » Jun Fri 10, 2016 3:42 pm

Vlad_Rap wrote:
I can tell you that sort of thing happens every day, routinely, across the govt.
And we're so lucky to have advantage of all your exclusive insider information.
Vlad, buddy..,

I don't give a rat's a** what you think. But you better get used to 8 years of Hillary...and decades of her Supreme Court nominees.

And you just better hope Trump doesn't damage the brand too badly, or you'll lose the Senate too...

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Jun Mon 20, 2016 7:57 am

I'm just musing @ the prez. who says that global warming is so bad that it is even affecting the statue of liberty and Ellis island...

Are that that many innocent kids still left out there??

What a crock... Clones included... Big long noses all...

clover
Resident
Resident

Post by clover » Jun Mon 20, 2016 10:36 am

specialties wrote:...Are that that many innocent kids still left out there??...
Well, Marshfield's eighth graders are pretty innocent, so the Do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do crowd has learned to go and get 'em at the middle school.

Read how Town Planner, Greg Guimond, would like the children to learn to create "a buffer zone" and to retreat from the cosatline...while, in town, we ignore the tax dollar funded Kleinfelder study and have rezoned the Brant Rock esplanade to include permission for densely packed new businesses and condos/apartments....And, while the town government is planning to build a $2.5 million Maritime Center on the edge of the pier...in a residential zone...IN A COASTAL WETLANDS DISTRICT (A BUFFER ZONE) WHERE NO BUILDINGS ARE ALLOWED (according to our own bylaw)!!!!!

Seems to me, here in Marshfield, this global warming sea level scare is justifictaion to beat down the little guy, again, and to devalue his property, in order that the rich and famous have more opportunity for waterfront playgrounds for themselves.

According to the Marshfield Mariner, Greg Guimond says,

“They’re going to need to be involved in the political process, they’ll have to run for office, and they’ll have to be involved in funding and coming up with additional solutions. These are baby step fixes,” Guimond said, referring to current strategies like seawalls and beach nourishment.

Guimond said the best long-term solution to sea level rise is to create a buffer zone between infrastructure and the coastline so the town can weather a major storm without devastation, but he acknowledged it could be a hard sell to current property owners.

Following future severe storms, people may need to start considering retreating from the coast, he said.

http://marshfield.wickedlocal.com/artic ... /160606917

From the town's zoning bylaw:
http://www.townofmarshfield.org/Collate ... 2015-1.pdf

13.02 Coastal Wetlands District
a. No structure intended for human occupancy or use on a permanent basis having water or sewerage facilities, and no other building, wall, dam, or structure (except flagpoles, signs and the like) intended for permanent use shall be erected, constructed, altered, enlarged or otherwise created or moved for any purpose except for piers, boathouses, walkways, and similar facilities as which may be granted by a Special Permit from the Board.

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Jun Mon 20, 2016 11:43 am

I don't know why the 'far side' persists in totally destroying the once proud democratic party...
Sure is becoming very old at this rate...

The party of love, peace, inclusiveness, and know it all is out to lunch...

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Jun Tue 21, 2016 12:25 pm

Bull artist 'boltneck' says isis bigger threat than 'global warming'...
Just days after the ISIS-inspired Orlando shooting, Secretary of State John Kerry was busy touring the Arctic Circle this week to see how climate change was affecting the region. But he did make one stunning admission: ISIS and terrorism poses a bigger threat than climate change, revealing a drastic paradigm shift. On Thursday, Kerry told reporters in Norway that "I'd probably give violent extremism — have to say one of — the defining threat of a generation." He also said, "Besides the fight against extremism is to deal with the enormous battle of climate change."

Couldn't he just monitor the weather stations in the Arctic instead of splashing his carbon all around there??
Show off!!!

HEY!! Watch what you are saying about the muslim terrorists!!!
Enormous battle of climate change?? What climate change??

Why din't he go to the South Pole where just the opposite is true?? He cudda kept his phoney claim...
Oh, that would make it even worse!!!

paradigm shift

Is this to say that when democrat homophobes start mowing down Americans then it becomes a paradigm shift??

http://www.examiner.com/article/kerry-f ... al-warming

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Jul Sat 02, 2016 7:03 am

https://www.yahoo.com/news/investigator ... 59435.html

This article reminded me of the many corrupt warming "scientist"
Good Dog

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Bridges » Jul Mon 04, 2016 5:18 pm

JIMD, that researcher has NOTHING whatsoever to do with climate change research. And you know this.

So go ahead, and enlighten us. Show us a documented, SUBSTANTIATED case where a climate change researcher faked data.
And good luck with that quest... :roll:

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Jul Mon 04, 2016 6:46 pm

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2016/07/02/ ... edictions/

Not only do they fake data they can't make up their minds
Good Dog

MCasper
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
facebook ID: citrushills

Post by MCasper » Jul Tue 05, 2016 8:27 am

Bridges wrote:JIMD, that researcher has NOTHING whatsoever to do with climate change research. And you know this.

So go ahead, and enlighten us. Show us a documented, SUBSTANTIATED case where a climate change researcher faked data.
And good luck with that quest... :roll:

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Jul Tue 05, 2016 9:08 am

Bridges wrote:Show us a documented, SUBSTANTIATED case where a climate change researcher faked data.
Climategate is one example.

Countless examples, so here's one:
One of the first examples of these “adjustments” was exposed in 2007 by the statistician Steve McIntyre, when he discovered a paper published in 1987 by James Hansen, the scientist (later turned fanatical climate activist) who for many years ran Giss. Hansen’s original graph showed temperatures in the Arctic as having been much higher around 1940 than at any time since. But as Homewood reveals in his blog post, “Temperature adjustments transform Arctic history”, Giss has turned this upside down. Arctic temperatures from that time have been lowered so much that that they are now dwarfed by those of the past 20 years.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/e ... -ever.html

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Bridges » Jul Tue 05, 2016 8:12 pm

HokieAl wrote:
Bridges wrote:Show us a documented, SUBSTANTIATED case where a climate change researcher faked data.
Climategate is one example.
No, ClimateGate was NOT one.

CimateGate was investigated my MULTIPLE separate investigations, run by multiple government and private teams. There was universal agreement that nothing improper was done, and data and methods were 100% sound. So, you are lying. Again.
One of the first examples of these “adjustments” was exposed in 2007 by the statistician Steve McIntyre, when he discovered a paper published in 1987 by James Hansen, the scientist (later turned fanatical climate activist) who for many years ran Giss. Hansen’s original graph showed temperatures in the Arctic as having been much higher around 1940 than at any time since. But as Homewood reveals in his blog post, “Temperature adjustments transform Arctic history”, Giss has turned this upside down. Arctic temperatures from that time have been lowered so much that that they are now dwarfed by those of the past 20 years.
Steve Mcintyre is an unqualified buffoon.

http://www.desmogblog.com/steve-mcintyre
Desmogblog wrote:PPE (Philosophy, Politics and Economics), Oxford University, (1971).
B.Sc., Mathematics, University of Toronto (1969).
He has a PhD in...philosphy? :shock: How the hell is that remotely relevant?
Stephen McIntyre has been a long-time mining industry executive, mostly working on the “stock market side” of mining exploration deals.
Like that couldn't possible be a teensy conflict of interest? =))
McIntyre has been described as a “persistent amateur who had no credentials in applied science before stepping into the global warming debate in 2003” and has been a prominent critic of temperature records that suggest increasing global temperatures over the past 1000 years.

As of 2003, McIntyre had worked in the mineral business for 30 years and he has been an officer or director of small public mineral exploration companies for over 16 years.
Call me when you can, you know...cite an actual qualified, practicing climate scientist.

It goes on and on...you can read for yourself.

The sad part is, it was all complete BS anyway: http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/ar ... -all-that/

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Jul Wed 06, 2016 7:16 am

Myopia should never happen to anyone...

They become the new age 'hitler's little pups'...

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Jul Wed 06, 2016 8:03 am

[quote="Bridges"No, ClimateGate was NOT one.

CimateGate was investigated my MULTIPLE separate investigations, run by multiple government and private teams. There was universal agreement that nothing improper was done, and data and methods were 100% sound. So, you are lying. Again.[/quote]

Yes it was, and no I'm not.
"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It's simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we've been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back." -- Carl Sagan
What Dunford calls "independent reviews" have, however, been condemned in the media as whitewashed scams that would have made Nixon blush. The Canada Free Press described them as "the most transparent, manipulated brazen cover up possible." The Financial Post said that "there were serious problems with the conduct of the inquiries. Public and policymakers alike can no longer regard their findings as reliable." The Telegraph reported that the outcome of the inquiries showed "there is no more a culture of accountability and job forfeiture for controversial conduct in AGW circles than there is in parliamentary ones.... The brand remains toxic."
http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/envi ... hitewashed

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Bridges » Jul Thu 07, 2016 10:10 pm

Ironic you should quote Carl Sagan, while trying to rebut climate change. You do know he was a pioneer in warning about the dangers of climate change, right? Like, all the way back in 1980!
Carl Sagan wrote:Those who are skeptical about carbon dioxide greenhouse warming might profitably note the massive greenhouse effect on Venus. No one proposes that Venus's greenhouse effect derives from imprudent Venusians who burned too much coal, drove fuel-inefficient autos, and cut down their forests. My point is different. The climatological history of our planetary neighbor, an otherwise Earthlike planet on which the surface became hot enough to melt tin or lead, is worth considering — especially by those who say that the increasing greenhouse effect on Earth will be self-correcting, that we don't really have to worry about it, or (you can see this in the publications of some groups that call themselves conservative) that the greenhouse effect is a "hoax".

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Jul Thu 07, 2016 10:15 pm

Venus is a lot closer to the sun. That's why it's hotter.

http://principia-scientific.org/the-fou ... s-climate/

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Bridges » Jul Thu 07, 2016 10:21 pm

HokieAl wrote:Venus is a lot closer to the sun. That's why it's hotter.

http://principia-scientific.org/the-fou ... s-climate/
Don't be dense. We've had this discussion. Many times.

Venus is FARTHER from the sun than Mercury. It should be COOLER than Mercury. But it's not.

Venus is actually much warmer than Mercury, even though it is much farther from the sun. The reason is just as Sagan stated - Venus has an atmosphere full of CO2, and Mercury does not.

HokieAl
Citizen
Citizen

Post by HokieAl » Jul Thu 07, 2016 10:37 pm

Mercury has no atmosphere. Same reason the moon is hot as hell in the sun and cold as hell in the dark.

Inglewood1
Tourist
Tourist

Post by Inglewood1 » Jul Thu 07, 2016 10:43 pm

image.jpg
Clap for the Bridgeman,Iam. Lincoln - Mercury, beyond the south shore. :?: :razz:

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Bridges » Jul Fri 08, 2016 7:26 am

Stop the sock-puppeting with 15 identities on here, Mugs (yes - we know it's you. And it's REALLY tiresome).