Chicago

Idle chit-chat
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules

To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
dtpfv3.0
Resident
Resident

Chicago

Post by dtpfv3.0 » Jun Mon 07, 2010 7:44 pm

I am going to be in the windy city this weekend, and could use some tips on touristy things to do. I have all day Saturday to fill up. So far my list of must sees/dos are:

-Sears Tower Observation Deck
-Field Museum
-Art Institute
-Dinner at the Original Unos

I don't really know much about the city's history. Are there any must see historic sites?

Any other recommendations? Is there a better deep dish place that won't be as touristy as Unos?
Knowledge is good - Emil Faber

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Re: Chicago

Post by JIMD » Jun Wed 09, 2010 8:30 am

Dan have a great time, a buddy lives in Chicago and I've been a couple of times, The Navy Pier is a good place to go, I also went to see the Cubbys and Mets play That was really cool. Try and get tickets they have games this weekend, see a game at Wrigley Field.
Good Dog

SandySeaShell
Resident
Resident

Post by SandySeaShell » Jun Thu 10, 2010 11:32 pm

I suggest a ride along Lake Shore Drive to see the great lake. It looks like an ocean. Hard to believe it is only a lake. It actually has waves.

Maybe you could try a boat or ferry ride on the great lake.

I haven't been there is a while, but if I were to go back I would want to check out anything related to Al Capone. I would try to see the place where the St Valentines Day Massacre occurred.

Chicago is very big and impressive. It has more glamour than Boston, but can't compare with Boston's historical aspects.
This user has blocked Bridges and does not view or respond to his personal attacks

dtpfv3.0
Resident
Resident

Post by dtpfv3.0 » Jun Fri 11, 2010 10:00 pm

Good call Jim. There were still tickets avail from the Cubbie's box office for tomorrow's interleager against the White Sox.
Knowledge is good - Emil Faber