Zoning board approves Modera

Marshfield related issues.
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Re: Zoning board approves Modera

Post by Vlad_Rap » Nov Sun 12, 2017 9:19 am

Wow! New low, huh Bobkat?
Panic , desperation, never pretty

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Nov Sun 12, 2017 1:36 pm

I wunder if bobkat still likes SNL??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBUxNeXgC70

Will bobkat ever come right??
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Nov Mon 13, 2017 2:08 pm

How long does that show have left before it pulled of air for that skit?
I am sure Bobkat has already written a letter calling for the show to be cancelled. Then again, maybe he sent an email.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Nov Tue 14, 2017 5:03 pm

what is it you object to, Eric? don't tell me you are trying to defend Roy Moore.
and what does this have to do with the ZBA and/or Modera?

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Nov Thu 16, 2017 6:09 pm

What kind of state government would demand its' towns to enter into a condition where its' residents would be compelled to accept contaminated drinking water? One of the biggest selling points to living in Marshfield is the quality of our drinking water. Our water comes from aquifers - the most vulnerable to 40B projects.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Nov Thu 16, 2017 11:17 pm

Vlad_Rap wrote:
Nov Thu 16, 2017 6:09 pm
What kind of state government would demand its' towns to enter into a condition where its' residents would be compelled to accept contaminated drinking water? One of the biggest selling points to living in Marshfield is the quality of our drinking water. Our water comes from aquifers - the most vulnerable to 40B projects.
That's OK with the big 40B developers. They're not living anywhere around here. Besides, they drink Perrier. Or, when in the Caymans - rum drinks.
Why do so many officials FEAR and kowtow to the Marshfield Airport gang?

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Nov Sat 18, 2017 3:26 am

Councillor in Quincy is proposing a higher tax rate for apts over 50 units.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Nov Sat 18, 2017 9:03 am

Vlad_Rap wrote:
Nov Thu 16, 2017 6:09 pm
Vlad_Rap please explain how towns are compelled to accept contaminated drinking water. You must know something that Mass DEP doesn't about our drinking water. As I asked Joseph P .I will ask would .What is your back ground or knowledge about potable water. Do you hold Drinking Water Operators license from the state of Massachusetts.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Nov Sat 18, 2017 11:35 am

Vlad_Rap please explain how towns are compelled to accept contaminated drinking water.
No. I already did. Trying to explain anything to you is like trying to explain something to, say, a small front end loader.
Your not here for explanations, Bobkat, any more than town government wants to hear input from town residents.

Company man.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Nov Sat 18, 2017 2:47 pm

What exactly does this 'councilor in Quincy' propose, Eric? if you don't mind telling us a little bit more about where you read it and what it has to do with us in Marshfield? don't quite follow your line of thinking.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Nov Sat 18, 2017 3:48 pm

Low cost units?? what are you talking about. the base 1 bedroom unit at Modera is $2,000+ a month.
Back even just a few years ago that 80% average income figure was much lower. Makes you wonder just how arbitrary that figure is and just who exactly is doing the figuring.

Another thing is - Aren't 40B apartments also be made available to people on state subsidized housing programs such as Sec 8?

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Nov Sat 18, 2017 4:48 pm

It was in yesterday's Patriot ledger Seahag. If I can post it I will. You may be able to look it up.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Nov Sat 18, 2017 4:50 pm

Vlad_Rap wrote:
Nov Sat 18, 2017 11:35 am
Vlad_Rap please explain how towns are compelled to accept contaminated drinking water.
No. I already did. Trying to explain anything to you is like trying to explain something to, say, a small front end loader.
Your not here for explanations, Bobkat, any more than town government wants to hear input from town residents.

Company man.
Vlad_Rap so you think I am a company man. Thats a good one. You have never explained any of your statements about the water in the town of Marshfield. You don't even know where the nearest well is located to this building site. I don't even think you live in Marshfield or you would know a lot more abut the site for this project. Please prove me wrong with your knowledge of water. I wait to be enlighten by you .Maybe you can give Joseph a call .

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Nov Sat 18, 2017 4:56 pm

QUINCY – Mayor Thomas Koch will not sign a proposal to tax large apartment buildings at higher rates than other homes, said Christopher Walker, a spokesman for the mayor.
Ward 4 City Councilor Brian Palmucci’s proposal, which is scheduled for a public hearing Monday at 7:25 p.m. in city hall, would reclassify apartment buildings with more than 50 units as commercial property for tax purposes. That would double the amount they have to pay in taxes.

“Things on the surface that may seem terrific sometimes turn out not to be – and this is one of those things,” Walker said.

He said the higher taxes would drive up rents around Quincy.

“It would result in a dramatic spike in rent citywide, and that would be felt up and down the spectrum,” he said.

Palmucci, who represents South Quincy and West Quincy, disagreed. While it may increase rents in the apartments in question, he said, he’s fine with that as a means of keeping property taxes lower for homeowners.

Related content
Work begins on 140-unit Quincy affordable-housing project
August 31, 2017
A reimagined Quincy Center begins to take shape
July 14, 2017
15-story Quincy Center apartment tower gets green light
June 21, 2017
SHOW MORE...
“When you give somebody a break, someone else has got to pay for it,” he said. “It balances (higher rent in luxury apartments) against making sure that seniors and middle-class families can afford their taxes.”

Palmucci said he doubts it will stifle development. However, he said the homeowners of Quincy have felt little benefit from all the construction around the city, so if it means that a couple of apartment buildings don’t get built that otherwise would, he wouldn’t be heartbroken, he said.

“If it does slow down development, do you think the people of Quincy will be upset?” he said. “I don’t.”

Residents will be allowed to comment on the proposal at Monday night’s meeting.

Palmucci said he plans to call for a vote after that on the proposal and two others about the tax code. One would expand a tax exemption for homeowners and the other would broaden an exemption for seniors who do volunteer work.

Palmucci said the current version of the proposal regarding the reclassification of apartment buildings does not have an exception for senior-living or affordable apartment buildings, so he or Ward 2 City Councilor Brad Croall, who pointed that issue out to him, likely will propose an amendment to add those exemptions during Monday night’s meeting.

This proposal is a home-rule petition, a piece of legislation that requires the approval of the council, the signature of the mayor, and then the approval of the Legislature and the governor. Home-rule petitions essentially amount to the city asking the state to allow it to skirt state law. Without Koch’s signature, the petition will not advance to the state level. The council can’t override the mayor’s veto for home-rule peitions.

Walker said the mayor’s office does not believe the legislation would make it at the state level.

“We don’t think the state is going to act on anything like this,” he said.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Nov Sun 19, 2017 8:42 am

Eric K really you are talking about apples and oranges. First in Quincy they have two tax rates and Second in Marshfield we only have one tax rate. You really have no idea how taxing property works.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Nov Sun 19, 2017 9:13 am

I don't believe that Affordable 40B housing means Section 8 housing, if that is what is really bothering you Vlad. Affordable is 80% of median income in the town. Right now, a 1 bedroom affordable at Modera or whatever they will call it, is $1, 276. That's a lot of money to rent an apartment!

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Nov Sun 19, 2017 2:12 pm

I don't believe that Affordable 40B housing means Section 8 housing, if that is what is really bothering you Vlad. Affordable is 80% of median income in the town. Right now, a 1 bedroom affordable at Modera or whatever they will call it, is $1, 276. That's a lot of money to rent an apartment!
In a marxist ,one party, state like Massachusetts, where nearly anything is impossible, why would you think for a minute affordable 40B housing would not be used as Section 8 housing? The important thing to the developer, and their friends in government, is that these apartments be filled with warm, Dem. voting bodies, as soon as possible.

A town manager type government will help a great deal in getting around any rules, regulations, or laws, that would get in the way. 40B has become a means to move toward a sanctuary state.

Laws are being tortuously twisted and interpreted for effect by all levels of government within the state.

What's the law to a swamp donkey?

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Nov Sun 19, 2017 2:47 pm

Bobkat,
I know how the current tax rate is set up in town so I do know how it works. Those are things that can be be adjusted. I talked about a special fee in town for apts. on show a while back in light of the Modera project and I like what the councillor in Quincy is on to.
It's a worth while discussion.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Nov Sun 19, 2017 7:15 pm

ok Eric, run with it. let us know how it all turns out.

and by the way, what ever happened to your petition on ??? you were going to present to the DPW, I think? was it the enterprise accounts?