Zoning board approves Modera

Marshfield related issues.
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Re: Zoning board approves Modera

Post by bobkat » Oct Tue 31, 2017 4:00 pm

Eric K wrote:
Oct Tue 31, 2017 8:37 am
For starters Bobkat can you tone it down on the name calling. It's sounds your an angry old man all the time.
Funny how you say that about pumps for homes if they were tied into sewer line as I just saw a financial statement for a place and had to pay almost $6000.00 for a new one with installation. So, when you start wishing for a sewerage line just think of the expenses that come with it over time.
Eric K you want me to tone it down. Try telling your buddy Vlad_Rap how nice he or she is. If I am a angry old man it is because people like you (Eric Kelley) speak out of their a$$es at town meeting . What you have only lived here about 10 years now . How did the town make all those years before you got here. Eric K you don't have any idea what I am talking about. Saying wishing for a sewer line. The waste water system in Marshfield is a gravity feed system. When you usually have a pressurize system for waste water .You only have one building or property using it. If you add other properties to a pressurized system you need check valves and pumps that cam pump greater pressure than what is in the collections lines. You say I am wishing for a sewer line. where do you come up with that. You do understand that with septic systems for homes .The benefit is that they recharge the aquifer. The treatment plant does not give the aquifer that benefit.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Oct Tue 31, 2017 6:18 pm

I speak out of my ass! Just to let you know that even those who don't agree with me have said that I ask some good questions.
I live here, I vote here. That means regardless of the amount of time I have lived here I have the right to cast my opinion on what goes on here whether you like it or not.
In regards to sewer line go back and read your post on pumps. I was going off your comments. It's looks like your putting spin on my comments. Nice try.
Put a happy face on while your responding.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Nov Wed 01, 2017 6:09 pm

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Nov Thu 02, 2017 6:15 pm

can we just get back on track with the issues, pls. and that means you, too, Eric.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Nov Fri 03, 2017 2:59 am

Yes mom.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Nov Mon 06, 2017 3:42 pm

You cannot always be against development.
I can be against all 40Bs. As contrived, divisive, forced, and anti democratic a concept as any greedy, fevered, little mind could possibly come up with. And we managed it right here in Massachusetts.

You mentioned somewhere only a small percentage of towns/cities in Massachusetts have actually met their 40B quota. I wonder if we made a list of those cities/towns what would we find they all have in common?
We are not a one-horse town any more.
We can be anything we want to be - given the right officials.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Nov Mon 06, 2017 6:13 pm

bobcat wrote: You do understand that with septic systems for homes .The benefit is that they recharge the aquifer.
Where are these 'septic system recharge zones' in relation to Marshfields' Water Supply aquifers?

So, if the amount of water injected into the ground at a house location is say, 100,000 gallons per year; and the lot is about an acre in size, that could be roughly equal to about 4 inches of rainfall over such a lot - per year. Annual rainfall (precip) is around 40 inches per year. Is that 'septic recharge' really that significant and beneficial - if it is even available'?
Why do so many officials FEAR and kowtow to the Marshfield Airport gang?

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Nov Tue 07, 2017 2:19 am

Joseph wrote:
Nov Mon 06, 2017 6:13 pm
bobcat wrote: You do understand that with septic systems for homes .The benefit is that they recharge the aquifer.
Where are these 'septic system recharge zones' in relation to Marshfields' Water Supply aquifers?

So, if the amount of water injected into the ground at a house location is say, 100,000 gallons per year; and the lot is about an acre in size, that could be roughly equal to about 4 inches of rainfall over such a lot - per year. Annual rainfall (precip) is around 40 inches per year. Is that 'septic recharge' really that significant and beneficial - if it is even available'?
Joseph first you like to throw numbers up like you are the smartest person around .Thinking that people won't be able to answer you. First the whole town sits on an aquifer. What you didn't talk about the the water table. You live in an area where lots are only around 5,ooo sq ft. So since the water table is high where you live .those lots can not support a septic system. that is why you are on sewer line. Your numbers can only be used in area where the zoning is for acre lots .Also there is no type of septic system where water is injected into the ground . The effluent is gravity fed after it leaves a septic tank. The effluent enters a drain field or septic field that is shallow . Then the effluent percolates into the soil naturally removing harmful coliform bacteria, viruses and nutrients. Then the effluent becomes influent and enters into the water table.

Now lets take a look at your one of your numbers. You say rainfall is about 40 inches per year. One inch of rain fall on an acre of land is 27,154 gallons. So 40 inches is just over one million gallons 1,086,160 gallons. The state requires that there is a 400 ft zone around wells that houses can not be built that supplies drinking water. As for people having private wells in there yard that supply drinking water .The state law is well has to be 100 ft from the septic system . I believe the town has a by law stating a private well for drinking must be 200 ft from a septic system. As for septic systems they fall under Title V and how they will be built in the chosen area.

Any water that is potable. That can recharge the aquifer is a benefit .

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Nov Tue 07, 2017 10:23 am

bob.-
You did see that I used the term 'Water Supply aquifer' - didn't you?

What I am trying to understand is where you get the idea that septic systems are good for our water supply and, that the impacts are significant. I think that may be what you are trying to say.

The area of greatest concern is the PMUD and the big projects that are being built. It has always concerned me that the waste water related to those projects will have an effect on the Furnace Brook aquifer. Remember - it has been claimed that a leak of perchloroethylene from a dry cleansers on 139 has impacted some of the FB wells. If 'perc' from a shop on 139 can impact some of that supply - is it so far fetched to worry about impacts from developments in the PMUD?

I remember the Hearings on the assisted living/nursing home project. Subsequently we saw an upgrade of the wastewater treatment system and more frequent sampling of the leachate required.

Not everything from a septic system gets completely filtered out. That's why nitrate loading is a concern. Some things can migrate for some distance. I am concerned, for example, about the amounts of residues from medications that are certainly flushed every day from any nursing home or assisted living facility. Some of those meds have been shown to persist and migrate through the groundwater.

I expect that as the PMUD gets built out at some time they owners/tenants there will start to complain that their septic systems are failing and we will see degradation of the FB aquifer - leading to calls for extending the sewer line up 139 to the PMUD. The timing of this will coincide with rebuilding (Expansion),of the sewer treatment plant.

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Nov Tue 07, 2017 11:13 am

Joseph you love to compare apples to oranges . you bring up perchloroethylene but you forget to bring up this liquid is man made. There is nothing else to say. You are the man that cried wolf too many times.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Nov Tue 07, 2017 6:23 pm

I actually think Joseph is right on this. But, I know, he likes to cry wolf. So, go figure.....

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Nov Tue 07, 2017 6:53 pm

Seahag wrote:
Nov Tue 07, 2017 6:23 pm
I actually think Joseph is right on this. But, I know, he likes to cry wolf. So, go figure.....
Seahag do you have any idea how a leaching field works. If you follow the guide lines of TiTle V effluent water leaving a leaching field can become potable within 20 feet .That means you can drink the water.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Nov Wed 08, 2017 4:52 pm

Of course I don't know all about septic systems. but I do know about nitrogen loading and not using lawn fertilizer. One of the main reasons folks didn't like the Modera project is the wastewater issue. That's a lot of toilets flushing within 248 apartments! and showers and baths! this town hasn't experienced anything like this before.
also the residents of the condominiums beyond Roche Bros. objected strongly to the expansion of housing up there b/c they fear damage to their leaching fields.
I don't want a sewer line up here, but it may have to happen anyway. unfortunately. and it will cost a lot of $$$$$$$$$$.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Nov Wed 08, 2017 5:37 pm

Seahag wrote:
Nov Wed 08, 2017 4:52 pm
Of course I don't know all about septic systems. but I do know about nitrogen loading and not using lawn fertilizer. One of the main reasons folks didn't like the Modera project is the wastewater issue. That's a lot of toilets flushing within 248 apartments! and showers and baths! this town hasn't experienced anything like this before.
also the residents of the condominiums beyond Roche Bros. objected strongly to the expansion of housing up there b/c they fear damage to their leaching fields.
I don't want a sewer line up here, but it may have to happen anyway. unfortunately. and it will cost a lot of $$$$$$$$$$.
Seahag your posting shows that you don't have the right information .Joseph is spreading false information also . I am posting a link that shows the utilities for the Modera project. If you look closely in the lower left corner of the plans .You will see that there is a Waste Water Treatment plant on site.

https://www.marshfield-ma.gov/sites/mar ... 95-s19.pdf

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Nov Wed 08, 2017 5:47 pm

bobkat- you should know that having a wastewater treatment facility connected to the project doesn't simply make the wastewater disappear like Hillary's 33,000 emails.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Nov Wed 08, 2017 6:25 pm

bobcat - ok. looked. can u point out where the wastewater treatment plant is on this plan? and, are u sure this can handle all of the wastewater that will be generated by all of these apartments?
I know for sure that the 17 units built on the banks of the South River in Humarock at the former site of the Humarock Lodge, don't really work. Bells and whistles going off all the time, indicating too many people flushing or brushing or showering at the same time!

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Nov Wed 08, 2017 7:33 pm

Seahag wrote:
Nov Wed 08, 2017 6:25 pm
bobcat - ok. looked. can u point out where the wastewater treatment plant is on this plan? and, are u sure this can handle all of the wastewater that will be generated by all of these apartments?
Seahag ok let me help you out. The link I lead you too. We will call it a blue print . It is what you call a birds eye view of the project. Now look at it and find Town homes I and Town Homes H. These just to left of the swimming pool. Then look just below them and you will see two dotted lines one mark 8"W (that is the water main) and the other is mark S and that line has arrow heads on it(sewer line). That shows the direction that it will flow. Follow that line right to left .The sewer line crosses the cul de sac at the end of Endeavor Cir. Follow that line and it takes you to the WWTP.

You also ask can it handle the waste water for the project. Well the plant will do it's job and DEP requires the a Cert operator runs the plant. A company like Whitewater or Weston and Sampson will be contracted to maintain the plant. These companies will be reporting to DEP on a monthly bases.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Nov Wed 08, 2017 7:37 pm

Joseph wrote:
Nov Wed 08, 2017 5:47 pm
bobkat- you should know that having a wastewater treatment facility connected to the project doesn't simply make the wastewater disappear like Hillary's 33,000 emails.

Joseph you are full of crap. The WWTP doesn't run by itself. I will tell that the water leaving the WWTP .You will be able to drink it after the water leaves the leaching field in about 20 feet .

another thing why people won't work with you is very simple. You make everything political . Oh how did all those Trump candidates do last night . People are sick of them as people are sick of you.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Nov Thu 09, 2017 3:09 am

Let's just wait and see how the perc test goes. That's the info that is needed.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Nov Thu 09, 2017 6:37 am

There are three such treatment systems each serving commercial/retail buildings in the area. The odors coming from those systems on A REGULAR BASIS are disgusting and would 'gag a maggot.' Those systems seem to require very intensive monitoring and maintenance.

Having a treatment system or any component of a project that requires so much energy and manpower to maintain to keep it running is not an example of "sustainable" development. Amazing that the "Green Community" of Marshfield would permit such a project.

The project should have been denied. But, between our local Social Justice Warriors and Crony-capitalists (Includes pro-40B types) in town hall and in our state government, the Zoning Board, with their lack of imagination and concern for the town and its' environment, did the easy, lazy thing and caved-in.

What is happening is an infrastructure is continuing to be built that is incompatible with the environment and increasingly vulnerable to interruptions in utility services. And, no, man-made vernal pools and artificially created turtle habitats and such "mitigation" measures do not count as integration with the natural environment.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Nov Thu 09, 2017 7:49 am

Joseph wrote:
Nov Thu 09, 2017 6:37 am
There are three such treatment systems each serving commercial/retail buildings in the area. The odors coming from those systems on A REGULAR BASIS are disgusting and would 'gag a maggot.' Those systems seem to require very intensive monitoring and maintenance.

Joseph you just made a statement without saying who and where these systems are. I say put or shut up. But you would never say any thing false correct. Well legally you have cross the line.

Joseph wrote:
Nov Thu 09, 2017 6:37 am
Having a treatment system or any component of a project that requires so much energy and manpower to maintain to keep it running is not an example of "sustainable" development. Amazing that the "Green Community" of Marshfield would permit such a project.
Joseph again spreading false information. Please tell us what water or waste water license you carry or what degree do you hold that you can back up your statement here. You have no idea what energy or man power there is need to run one of these package treatment plants. Why don't you tell us your employment career in the field of water or waste water. There is no doubt you are grown man that acts like a little boy that cries wolf all the time.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Nov Thu 09, 2017 7:51 am

Eric K wrote:
Nov Thu 09, 2017 3:09 am
Let's just wait and see how the perc test goes. That's the info that is needed.
Eric K you have no idea what you are talking about.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Nov Thu 09, 2017 8:44 am

And you make sense yourself.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Nov Thu 09, 2017 9:09 am

what perc test, Eric? the perc test would have been done eons ago before Modera put any kind of plan in place or even thought about purchasing the land.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Nov Thu 09, 2017 1:31 pm

First the whole town sits on an aquifer.
Can we assume most, if not all, of those cities/towns who have managed to attain their 40B quota are...
1) Built out
2) Very densely populated
3)Do not sit on their own water supply

Can we assume a large 40B apartment/condominium project would adversely affect the water table of the area?

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Nov Thu 09, 2017 4:13 pm

Vlad_Rap wrote:
Nov Thu 09, 2017 1:31 pm
Can we assume most, if not all, of those cities/towns who have managed to attain their 40B quota are...
1) Built out
2) Very densely populated
3)Do not sit on their own water supply

Can we assume a large 40B apartment/condominium project would adversely affect the water table of the area?
Vlad_Rap please do not include me in your statement "Can we assume most " because you make U yourself into an A$$. Here is a list of some of the towns that have meet their 40b quota

"Amesbury, Bedford, Burlington, Canton, Danvers, Franklin, Georgetown, Hadley, Holbrook, Hudson, Mansfield, Marlborough, Peabody, Pembroke, Raynham, Stockbridge and Ware."

These towns are not built out. They are not densely populated. They also have ground and surface water for their drinking water. So what else can you tell us that you think you might know. Oh also aquifer and water table are not the same thing.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Nov Thu 09, 2017 4:26 pm

and, will Eric ever answer the perc test question? doubtfully.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Nov Thu 09, 2017 6:22 pm

Vlad_Rap please do not include me in your statement
Aw c'mon BK. You going to be a weasel too on top of everything else? You said...
Take responsibility for the stuff you say. Like this...
Oh also aquifer and water table are not the same thing.
No one said anything like this. Certainly not me. Is that how you interpreted what I said?
"Amesbury, Bedford, Burlington, Canton, Danvers, Franklin, Georgetown, Hadley, Holbrook, Hudson, Mansfield, Marlborough, Peabody, Pembroke, Raynham, Stockbridge and Ware."
Four of these towns are on MWRA water along with South Hadley. Most of the other town's who have met their 40B quota get their water from resevoirs or rivers which is a far different thing than relying 100% on aquifers for their water as we do here in Marshfield[/b].
These towns are not built out. They are not densely populated. They also have ground and surface water for their drinking water.
Take a look at this map and tell me again how those cities/towns approaching their 40B quota are not densely populated and not very close to being built out.
http://www.massaffordablehomes.org/mahamap.html
this just begs the question, BK, what is it about your town you hate so much you want to turn it into something more resembling a city?

Why does the state government need us to become more like a city? How much more densely populated can we get before we put our water supply at risk?

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Nov Thu 09, 2017 7:39 pm

Seahag,
Those who want to build the Modera project did there own testing to my understanding. But, we all know you can't go by their tests.
Upon approval of project by the Z.B.A. then the state has a third party do a perc test.
After the state test then it should be a good conversation.
You want to take back the doubtful part?

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Nov Thu 09, 2017 8:43 pm

You notice how bobcat twists the words in response to him. If bobcat is not working for a political party he should ask for a spokesperson position.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Nov Thu 09, 2017 11:51 pm

Vlad_Rap wrote:
Nov Thu 09, 2017 6:22 pm
Four of these towns are on MWRA water along with South Hadley. Most of the other town's who have met their 40B quota get their water from resevoirs or rivers which is a far different thing than relying 100% on aquifers for their water as we do here in Marshfield[/b].
Vlad_Rap not one of those towns use the MWRA as there main source for drinking water. A lot of towns have MWRA hook ups in case there is an emergency .

Vlad_Rap wrote:
These towns are not built out. They are not densely populated. They also have ground and surface water for their drinking water.
Take a look at this map and tell me again how those cities/towns approaching their 40B quota are not densely populated and not very close to being built out.
http://www.massaffordablehomes.org/mahamap.html
Vlad_Rap looking at your link and the 17 towns I listed only 4 of those towns have more year round housing units than Marshfield

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Nov Fri 10, 2017 12:00 am

bobkat wrote:
Nov Thu 09, 2017 4:13 pm
They also have ground and surface water for their drinking water.
[/quote]
Vlad_Rap wrote:
Most of the other town's who have met their 40B quota get their water from resevoirs or rivers which is a far different thing than relying 100% on aquifers for their water as we do here in Marshfield[/b].
Vlad_Rap you just prove that you are not that smart when it comes to water . Just to let you know people that work in the water industry use the word surface as referring to reservoirs and river an any other body of water that sits on top of the ground. So don't go up a tree that you don't know how to climb.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Nov Fri 10, 2017 6:54 am

Vlad_Rap,
I would not look at just the state that wants our towns built out. The Chamber of Commerce has been broadcasting it for a while now that they want the south shore to compete with Boston. Meaning build out the south shore.
Their attitude in my opinion to all of us south shore residents here is..
What are you going to do about it?
We own most of the elected/appt. officials.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Nov Fri 10, 2017 8:46 am

"Don't go up a tree that you don't know how to climb." -bobkat

Brilliant

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Nov Fri 10, 2017 8:54 am

Good catch.
Brilliant
That's funny.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Nov Fri 10, 2017 12:01 pm

Joseph wrote:
Nov Fri 10, 2017 8:46 am
"Don't go up a tree that you don't know how to climb." -bobkat

Brilliant
Joseph well we know that the town over all think you are so brilliant. How many times have you run for offices in town government and what success rate have you had. Now you can take Eric K under your wing and lead him down to that road of success .

Oh I would put my water knowledge up against the 3 of you Little Joey, Eric K know it all and Mr Marshfield Vlad_Rap .

Remember Joe I know how to hold on to a job.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Nov Fri 10, 2017 8:13 pm

No Eric, I want to wait for the State's results which you say are forthcoming. Please advise us all when this occurs. Thanks.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Nov Fri 10, 2017 9:12 pm

bobkat wrote:Remember Joe I know how to hold on to a job.
Yes, you are quite an attraction...at the fair.
https://youtu.be/VRcC2nqHh4g

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Nov Sat 11, 2017 7:43 pm

Joseph wrote:
Nov Fri 10, 2017 9:12 pm
bobkat wrote:Remember Joe I know how to hold on to a job.
Yes, you are quite an attraction...at the fair.
https://youtu.be/VRcC2nqHh4g

Joseph is that the best you can come up with. Lets take a walk down memory lane

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/11/02/d ... terrorist/

http://www.wickedlocal.com/x599317480/F ... dle-school

where do you find all this time to do bone head things if you are working.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Nov Sun 12, 2017 8:15 am

I had to chuckle as to what was posted.
The mudslinging on this forum can be pretty good.
With that said, wasn't Joe found not guilty in regards to school matter. As to the incident in Pembroke I do believe those charges were dropped.
Let's not forget in regards to the Pembroke incident that a former town official may have made that call and blew it out of proportion.
Never did hear that call to police dept..
I think someone actually tried to get that recording and was not successful.