Town Meeting

Marshfield related issues.
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
Swamp Yankee
Resident
Resident

Town Meeting

Post by Swamp Yankee » Sep Tue 19, 2017 9:23 am

Town Meeting
Monday, October 16, 2017
7:00 PM
Marshfield High School Auditorium

Warrant for meeting;
https://www.marshfield-ma.gov/sites/mar ... rant_0.pdf

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Re: Town Meeting

Post by Carson » Sep Tue 19, 2017 11:32 am

Thanks for posting!Interesting articles.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Sep Tue 26, 2017 9:14 am

Advisory Board/Selectmen/DPW Board meeting last night.
Why do so many officials FEAR and kowtow to the Marshfield Airport gang?

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?

Swamp Yankee
Resident
Resident

Post by Swamp Yankee » Oct Thu 12, 2017 9:43 am

Special town meeting on Monday will implement the new electronic check-in system. Marshfield residents will be able to either scan their driver’s license or input the first three letters of their first and last name to check in at the meeting. Voter will no longer have to line up by precinct number to check in.

http://marshfield.wickedlocal.com/news/ ... marshfield

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Oct Thu 12, 2017 12:37 pm

Just checked it out a little while ago. Seems like a worthwhile price of equipment. Like to thank clerks office for a show and tell. I'd put a pic up but unsure how to do it.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Oct Thu 12, 2017 1:27 pm

Basically it's an iPad with downloaded voter info. and a base/stand with a battery in it. Each unit is synced up to each other so you can't scan your licence or enter your first/last letters of your name on one and try and use another ( in the future ) to vote more than once.
Though I am wondering if this gets implemented for voting uses if someone does not have a licence that a pic should be stored for verification.
It will save the staff a lot of time than manually entering info into voter data base. Plug in stick into computer and the info is loaded into system.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Oct Thu 12, 2017 6:17 pm

Have you once again, jumped the gun? This device is for signing in for Town Meeting, not for voting purposes, I think.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Oct Fri 13, 2017 2:07 am

Oh seahag,
You have so much to learn.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Oct Fri 13, 2017 6:58 pm

Really Eric. What, so I can become more like you and your gang? no thanks. you always look for the negative. you know what? "any jackass can kick down the barn". gets you know where.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Oct Fri 13, 2017 8:35 pm

Have you once again, jumped the gun? This device is for signing in for Town Meeting, not for voting purposes, I think.
Should be. There is absolutely no reason for not showing some sort of ID in order to perform the greatest right afforded real citizens of the United States. The person complaining about showing a voter ID to vote had to show one to apply for his EBT card. He has to show something to buy a beer. Here in Massachusetts all you need to vote is a drivers license and drivers licenses are handed out like tissue paper. But at least they are traceable.

Next time you renew your license look at the back of the renewal application carefully.

The cavalier manner in which the right to vote is treated in this state on all levels of government is treasonous. Laws passed allowing the commandeering, by illegal aliens, of this most basic of American democratic rights should be seen as treason - but it is encouraged here.

Does Massachusetts have to go the way of sanctuary California and threaten to succeed from the union before we finally wake up to see what our politicians are doing to us? Most Californians, even those living there illegally, are scared to death of succession. The politicians they vote for illegally ,and ignorantly, do not represent them. There is good money involved in handing over your state to the globalists. Money for the propaganda to get Californians to vote against their own interests is limitless. Those California illegals do not want globalism but they are obedient and predictable. Seriously, do you really think Liz Warren or Eddie Markey represent the values of the residents of Massachusetts ?

There is no Democratic party. We can say there is a Republican party only because of the contentious factions forming within it. There is, at least, something stirring.

Who is going to look into the legitimacy of the re-election of sanctuary city Muddy Walsh in this state? Maura Healey??? What a pathetic joke. Who is there to tell him he has no authority to make Boston a sanctuary city when he controls the voting process

Its going to take time and patience but we have to bring this state back into balance.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Oct Sat 14, 2017 2:18 am

I am going to take it that you found out I was correct again. In this case the electronic device will more than likely be used for public elections eventually and all you can do is hurl insults instead of admitting I was right.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Oct Sat 14, 2017 8:24 am

I am going to take it that you found out I was correct again. In this case the electronic device will more than likely be used for public elections eventually and all you can do is hurl insults instead of admitting I was right.
Huh? What?

I didn't think I was vague about the need for voter ID or the attempt, by the swampies, to make light of the voting process.

How were you insulted? Are you an illegal alien or a swamp politician? I certainly have no problem with you being right - especially in this case.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Oct Sat 14, 2017 6:39 pm

Not you vlad rap.
Directed towards seahags comment.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Oct Sat 14, 2017 6:48 pm

need I say anything more.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Oct Sun 15, 2017 8:54 am

Hopefully not.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Oct Mon 16, 2017 8:00 am

Is it true?
The advisory board will be facing the moderator?

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Oct Wed 18, 2017 3:46 pm

Terrible town meeting. Poorly led. Awful outcome on the marijuana pot shops. 99 people who jammed the hall and then left after the vote was taken! Can't believe we as a town have voted not to ban the sale of recreational mj, unlike the hundreds of other towns and municipalities that have.

arastus
Visitor
Visitor

Post by arastus » Oct Wed 18, 2017 8:58 pm

Seahag, it's all about the money, town revenue, although I don't believe it will be as much as win fall as people would like to think...2% of the 12% is allocated for the town. Also, by the law of the bill, each town gets 20% of the marijuana dispensaries as the town has liquor stores, not sure exactly how many that is, but say around 10....that is 2 marijuana stores. Hypothetical now.....8000 ounces per store per year at a conservative $150 per oz. equals 48 K for the town. That is also predicated on store hours, are they allowed to be open 24/7, liquor stores are restricted as to opening and closing hours.

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Oct Thu 19, 2017 1:53 pm

I'm no weed head but I think it would be very cool to buy an occasional J on the way home from work and listen to the Grateful Dead when I get home
Good Dog

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Oct Thu 19, 2017 6:36 pm

JIMD wrote:
Oct Thu 19, 2017 1:53 pm
I'm no weed head but I think it would be very cool to buy an occasional J on the way home from work and listen to the Grateful Dead when I get home
lets just relax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsmdKLbJDII

Tucson
Tourist
Tourist

Post by Tucson » Oct Thu 19, 2017 8:31 pm

JIMD wrote:
Oct Thu 19, 2017 1:53 pm
It would be WAY Kewl! And your scenario is exactly how I would hope the majority of responsible users would enjoy themselves.
"Commisars and pin-striped bosses roll the dice.
Any way they fall, guess who gets to pay the price?"

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Oct Mon 30, 2017 5:51 pm

Letter To The Editor of the Marshfield Mariner:

"LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Not impressed with town moderator

Posted Oct 24, 2017 at 4:13 PM
To the Editor,

I am writing to express a few impressions from my attendance at the most recent Town Meeting (10/18/17). I felt the actions and demeanor of the town moderator were less than courteous to the attending citizens and serve to discourage participation in this important function. His opening comments declaring that his experience as a lawyer and thus his acumen at detecting “cross examinations and leading statements” were unnecessarily intimidating to those who only seek to approach the microphone with honest questions and set a tone. Inadvertent ignorance with protocol was treated with dismissive comments rather than helpfully educating the questioners who were sometimes cut off with little explanation. No selectman offered to assist or intervene. I fully understand the need to keep things moving along at Town Meeting but these actions only nourish the cynicism of the residents and thus diminishes interest in participation.

Disappointedly,

John Cooke

33 Grasshopper Ln."
Why do so many officials FEAR and kowtow to the Marshfield Airport gang?

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Nov Sat 04, 2017 12:11 pm

Well, albore wanted to make a living document out of our Constitution ( to tinker screw his own will in to it, can u imagine? :shock: ) but we wouldn't let him...

How do we re-invent the wheel these days in order to cause real improvements?? Working wiser, stronger, more honest?? A triple lindy mebbe??
Why not?? So starting now everyone is a candidate... From marx to now it hasn't worked... It's a dud...
Marx is dead, long live our mighty King? U betcha...

I think that people have had enuf tinkering for a millenium... Just do it right... Stay out of trubble... Go by the book...

Have bill and hill come down and talk for a fee on how it's done?? OY VEY MARIA!!!
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...