search committee for town administrator

Marshfield related issues.
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
Seahag
Transient
Transient

Re: search committee for town administrator

Post by Seahag » Sep Wed 20, 2017 8:42 am

No, they weren't the only two "vying" or applying for the job. The town's HR person told the Selectmen she had received 26 applications. That's what makes this all the more repugnant b/c at the end of the day, she and the rest of the search committee picked only two finalists, and it sure sounds like Mr. Moresco was already their first choice. although I thought it would be Ms. Vinchessi from Scituate, but who knows maybe she didn't apply. I guess they know what they are doing in one sense anyway, they know they can work with Mike without a whole lot of onboarding.

Lifetime
Tourist
Tourist

Post by Lifetime » Sep Wed 20, 2017 1:08 pm

Ms. Vinchesi and Mr. Longo are going to work for MIAA, the Insurance Arm of the Mass Municipal Assoc. upon leave their towns. Funny how things work out. Last Spring, Ms Vinchesi moved Scituate's Health Insurance to MIAA and Mr Longo tried to move Marshfield to MIAA, but it do not work out.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Sep Wed 20, 2017 2:50 pm

The towns hr person works under the town administrator/board of selectmen. If she is told what to say she will do as she is directed.
All the more reason for an open interview process.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Sep Wed 20, 2017 5:28 pm

Joseph wrote:
Sep Tue 19, 2017 3:13 pm
Look at who the two finalists are for the position of town administrator:

https://www.marshfield-ma.gov/sites/mar ... -21-17.pdf

Antonio Mazzucco

and.... drum roll please...

Mikey.
LOL!So the world wide search for a candidate leads us right back to Mikey!What a bunch of BS!!!!

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Sep Wed 20, 2017 6:46 pm

Well, we should'a known when Rocco announced that the town's HR person was going to conduct the search instead of outsourcing it to a consultant that it was a done deal, and then the Selectmen appointed al of their favorite townspeople to serve on the committee, and totally ramped it up to a quick decision.
Who knows, maybe Mr. Morescco won't make the cut and they will choose the other guy. And, maybe Mr. Morescoo is the best person for the job, I sure don't know, but I sure don't like the process.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Sep Wed 20, 2017 6:55 pm

This should probably be a new topic, but just looked online at the Town's website for Job Opportunites and see that Building Commissioner and Facilities Manager posted yesterday, 9/19 and Town Accountant on 9/11. Are you kidding me??? What is going on here. Isn't Barbara Costa the Town Accountant and hasn't she been here for years and years? Good grief.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Sep Wed 20, 2017 10:36 pm

Outsourcing was never going to happen.Having THEIR hand picked people on the board making the decision is what they wanted.It was already decided who was going to get the job before the whole dog and pony show started.Who are they kidding? :roll:

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Sep Wed 20, 2017 10:43 pm

Seahag wrote:
Sep Wed 20, 2017 6:55 pm
This should probably be a new topic, but just looked online at the Town's website for Job Opportunites and see that Building Commissioner and Facilities Manager posted yesterday, 9/19 and Town Accountant on 9/11. Are you kidding me??? What is going on here. Isn't Barbara Costa the Town Accountant and hasn't she been here for years and years? Good grief.
Something is going on.It is not even known by anyone these people have even resigned!It is strange because I had someone who works at one of the elementary schools tell me that had never seen the facility manager at the school,ever.Wasn't he the same person who went missing a few years back and finally we were told he had some medical issue after people started to ask questions???I could be wrong but I thought it was the same guy.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Sep Thu 21, 2017 12:59 pm

So - after the nationwide search and the "interview process" and, the "deliberation and possible vote" what do you think will happen?

See the selectmens' Agenda for Monday, Sept. 25:

"NAME OF PUBLIC BODY: Board of Selectmen
DATE OF MEETING: Monday, September 25, 2017
TIME: 7:00 PM
PLACE: Furnace Brook Middle School, Music Room
AGENDA
7:00 p.m. For the purpose of conducting strategy with respect to contract negotiations and/or
contract negotiations with the Town Administrator

...."

From: https://www.marshfield-ma.gov/sites/mar ... -25-17.pdf

So, as usual in this town, it's ALL IN THE BAG.

And so, will people like seahag continue to give the Regime and the Democrats 'the benefit of a doubt'?

Fool me once - shame on me.
Fool me twice, three times...ten times...one hundred times....and I'll still trust you.
Why do so many officials FEAR and kowtow to the Marshfield Airport gang?

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Sep Thu 21, 2017 1:48 pm

Joseph wrote:
Sep Thu 21, 2017 12:59 pm
So - after the nationwide search and the "interview process" and, the "deliberation and possible vote" what do you think will happen?

See the selectmens' Agenda for Monday, Sept. 25:

"NAME OF PUBLIC BODY: Board of Selectmen
DATE OF MEETING: Monday, September 25, 2017
TIME: 7:00 PM
PLACE: Furnace Brook Middle School, Music Room
AGENDA
7:00 p.m. For the purpose of conducting strategy with respect to contract negotiations and/or
contract negotiations with the Town Administrator

...."

From: https://www.marshfield-ma.gov/sites/mar ... -25-17.pdf

So, as usual in this town, it's ALL IN THE BAG.

And so, will people like seahag continue to give the Regime and the Democrats 'the benefit of a doubt'?

Fool me once - shame on me.
Fool me twice, three times...ten times...one hundred times....and I'll still trust you.
Ya,time to get down to the good stuff!What are they going to pay Mikey???This should be interesting. :roll:

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Sep Thu 21, 2017 8:28 pm

Okay, so Joe, first of all, this was clearly not a nationwide search for a new TA, and I totally said it was not.
Second, I have no idea what the topic of discussion is on the agenda for the 9/25 BOS meeting, which is somehow or for some curious reason being held in the Music Room at the high school. I wonder if that means it won't be carried live on MCTV?
And third, I don't really think there are any people who think "like seahag" on this forum. I think I'm out there all by myself, and I wish I weren't. I think everybody in this town should be watching every single BOS meeting so they know what is going on, but probably 5 people in town do watch. It doesn't even take any effort to turn the tv on every two weeks for a half hour (that's all the time these three selectmen give to conducting our town's most important business) each month and listen and then maybe send an email to comment on their beliefs or feelings on what has just transpired. Like the last meeting when Patrick showed up for less than 5 minutes to tout his program to raise the demand notice fee from $5 to $25 on tax bills, making it even harder for those in this situation to come up with the money required, and then to say it will make for fewer people opting to perhaps not file for a deferral. how harsh, and the BOS just goes along with it, no conversation, no discussion. just keep the meeting to under 30 minutes. and furthermore, he asked for some kind of blanket approval to take people's property if they go into a foreclosure process. no questions asked, except by Jim Fitzgerald who asked if it was for this one property or a blanket, and Patrick replied "Blanket".
But even though I am totally disillusioned by almost everything I am hearing right now, I do give the town's governing body the benefit of the doubt.

Swamp Yankee
Resident
Resident

Post by Swamp Yankee » Sep Fri 22, 2017 2:29 pm

Comes as no surprise to many of us that Maresco has been chosen.
The fix has been in for some time now starting with Robbins pushing for the Charter review, then he steps down from the BOS and goes to the BPW so they can control that board, not allowing the forensic audit we voted for at town meeting. Now all they have to do is wait for the charter changes doing away with the BPW and putting it under control of the town Manger. This way they can continue to raid the Enterprise accounts with no interference from a “pesky” duly elected board member. They want total control of everything, no benefit of the doubt about it!
At this point the only power we voters have is at town meeting to vote down charter changes they will all be pushing for.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Sep Fri 22, 2017 5:19 pm

With all due respect, I don't agree with your thesis. Town Meeting is too late to raise your concerns. It's really a done deal by that time, and you know how few people take the time to come out for that. The time to address the issues is at the weekly or bi-weekly or monthly meetings, at that point in time that the issue is brought up, ie, Patrick appeared before the BOS a week ago, spoke for less than 5 minutes, and asked for a whole lot of changes which now appear on the Warrant if you care to read it all the way through. If hundreds of people watched these meetings on MCTV and reacted right away, they might think twice about what they are doing and what kind of impact they are having. But no listeners, no response, so they think they have carte blanche to go ahead and do what they want, b/c no one speaks up!
You have to be the biggest PIA all the time, and keep on it.
Doesn't it bother you that the current Board of Selectmen meet twice a month, and not at all during the summer, for one half hour under the current Chair, Mr. Bradley, to discuss (???) all of the town's most important business? Good god, it bothers me, and I'm just one little old lady.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Sep Fri 22, 2017 6:00 pm

http://959watd.com/blog/2017/09/marshfi ... nistrator/

Priceless.

Listen to the audio. According to Lacroix the selectmen were "impressed" by Mikey saying that the town's greatest asset is its people.

Wow. Just...Wow!

But we all know what is meant by this. Those 'people' are those that vote for the bully-clowns like Fitzgerald, Mikey, Robbins et al.
it's the bully-clowns themselves.
It's those that vote 'Yea' for everything that they are told to by The Regime at town meeting.
It's those that portray themselves as 'doing good' while setting up the town to be paved.
It's just the way it has been since the days in the Old Testament ...the 'scribes and pharisees' that get the best seats in the house and wear the ill-gotten awards and ribbons while stealing and lying from and to the gullible hapless sheep, that give them "the benefit of a doubt."

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?

Swamp Yankee
Resident
Resident

Post by Swamp Yankee » Sep Fri 22, 2017 6:11 pm

Seahag wrote:
Sep Fri 22, 2017 5:19 pm
Doesn't it bother you that the current Board of Selectmen meet twice a month, and not at all during the summer, for one half hour under the current Chair, Mr. Bradley, to discuss (???) all of the town's most important business? Good god, it bothers me, and I'm just one little old lady.
Being over 70 myself and having attended many many meetings over the years I feel that Town meeting is the way to at least stop the charter changes they are going to be presenting to us. It’s already a done deal as far as the powers that be feel. You can go to meetings and voice your opinion but they don’t care. We at least get to vote on the charter changes at town meeting so why do you say its too late? We can stop it right there if we don’t accept the changes presented to us. Yes it bothers me that more people don’t attend town meeting, its pathetic I agree and have been for ages trying to get more people to attend.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Sep Fri 22, 2017 9:23 pm

Yes, Joe, I just watched the video tape of the interview process with Mr. Morescco and Mr. Mozzoco and felt completely disheartened. They made their choice and their choice is to go with someone who thinks with his gut and not someone who is cerebral and has experience as a town administrator, albeit in a smaller town with a much smaller budget but who answered every question smartly and as an educated person would answer. It is clear to me that they want more or even less of the same old, same old and don't want to progress into the next century or even the next year. Did you watch the body language of Steve Robbins who was completely disinterested in what Mr. Mozzoco was saying and the body language of Patrick who was fidgeting the entire time? He sure doesn't want anyone to take anything away from him, he wants to be the town's CFO, he said so at the Charter Comm. hearings. Mr. Bradley couldn't even pronounce Mr. Mozzoco's name correctly at the start of the interview. And Rocco left rosary beads on his desk praying for Mike Morescco.
The Search Committee couldn't have picked two more disparate candidates. That itself is curious to me. As is the fact that the other 24 resumes never even made it to the final cut.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Sep Fri 22, 2017 9:34 pm

Swamp Yankee, I totally respect what you are saying about TM, but not enough people go to make a difference at that point in time to stop whatever we don't want to happen. We've even been told that by the time it gets to TM, it's too late, that you should have gone to the Advisory Board meetings and voiced your opinion then, instead of taking up precious time on TM floor! Those are the rules. I'm saying more folks should watch the weekly or bi-weekly meetings or attend the meetings to hear first hand what's on the agenda and react at that time. If the BOS is inundated with phone calls and emails the next day expressing that the townspeople don't like what they just heard, they might think twice about pushing it forward. I saw the same thing with the guy who wants to turn the old historically beautiful South Grammar School building into a private enterprise six room home for homeless vets. He is an old friend of Mr. Bradley's and now it is on the Warrant for the STM in October.
Yes, we can vote on TM floor but only if we pack the house with those who think the way we think. Otherwise, it's too late.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Sep Sat 23, 2017 12:20 am

Who else agrees that this town administrator selection process needs to be investigated?

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Sep Sat 23, 2017 2:09 am

Where do you want to start?

Noel Harrison
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Noel Harrison » Sep Sat 23, 2017 2:41 pm

The whole thing was a joke.

With MM now in power it will be interesting to see what old scores he settles and who gets pushed out

Swamp Yankee
Resident
Resident

Post by Swamp Yankee » Sep Sat 23, 2017 5:42 pm

Seahag I think we can both agree that what we need is for more citizen participation, at board meetings, committee meetings and town meeting. A few years ago there was a group started to try and get more people interested but nothing much came of it sad to say. You hear people complain all the time but when you try to get them to attend meetings they always have an excuse. If they could sit home and participate remotely that might work but that’s not going to happen any time soon :roll:

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Sep Sat 23, 2017 6:13 pm

Unfortunately. Sad but true.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Sep Sat 23, 2017 10:26 pm

seahag - you summed it all up quite clearly and succinctly: Those in power, holding control of the board of selectmen - I call it 'The Regime' - pick the 'HACK', one of the boys, a team player and A FIXER and a WHITEWASHER - over persons that probably are intellectually and ethically head and shoulders above the appointee.

Do you know how many crimes have been covered-up in Marshfield during the reign of this Regime? Do you realize how many 'saints' are not saints but vicious liars and haters?

Stalin did it. He chose loyalty and 'friends' over more competent people in order to ensure continuation of his power and stop any potential threats to it. There are too many instances of such a modus operandi in Masssachusetts to count.

The new administrator is a political creature and a 'hack.' The response to the selectmens' question that Marshfield's greatest asset is "its' people is such a giveaway. In other words it's ALL ABOUT schmoozing and massaging and bullying PEOPLE. For The Regime "the people" are an asset - but it is CERTAIN PEOPLE - the block of 180 (max) that can and does show up to dominate town meeting.

The people' - is the list of the names and phone numbers of the school moms that can have their buttons pushed to go out and vote "for the children." These are the people that swallow the lies hook, line and sinker. This includes the airport gang and the PHONY dried-up 'marms' that show up on the school committee. (They smile and ACT so smug, erudite and courteous, when all they want is to stick a shiv in your back. These include the hardcore Dembots that THINK they are standing for something - when they really are just TOOLS of the Regime. This includes Jim Cantwell and those that fawn over him - but really don't know who and what he is.

This gang wants to 'bring home the bacon and have Marshfield paved-over - so that they can make a buck and then screw.

This is the gang that wants 'conservation land' all around their homes in North Marshfield and Highland Street and Union street - but when people in Rexhame, Fieldston, Brant Rock (The wrong side of the tracks.), want to preserve the environment and quality of life, they are labelled "NIMBYs" and NAYSAYERS. Those people get SCREWED with destruction of wetlands, an AIRPORT EXPANSION, an over-sized POLICE MARINA BUILDING and bocci courts in an area that some people now want to look like the Charles River Esplanande instead of the beautiful natural setting typical of a correctly PRESERVED AND PROTECTED CRITICAL WETLANDS.

This is the gang that the Progressive in North Marshfield and along Union Street 'feel' that they MUST follow because they have been tricked into thinking that they are 'liberal' and 'tolerant.' The Regime is full of those people that are probably the least 'tolerant' persons in the state.

Swamp Yankee
Resident
Resident

Post by Swamp Yankee » Sep Sun 24, 2017 9:59 am

Speaking of the new harbormaster building, Maresco and his cronies were the ones who came up with the original plans for this huge edifice. Wonder how many people remember that.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Sep Sun 24, 2017 12:45 pm

Joe, those are your words, not mine.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Sep Sun 24, 2017 12:52 pm

And, emphatically NO, I do not think there should be any "investigation". It was a choice that was made and the prerogative of every member of the search committee and the selectmen, whether or not I agree. I think Mr. Mozzocco was much more qualified, period. But, Mr. Moressco is a great guy, and was duly named citizen of the year a few years ago for what he has done for our town.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Sep Sun 24, 2017 8:15 pm

Seahag wrote:
Sep Sun 24, 2017 12:52 pm
And, emphatically NO, I do not think there should be any "investigation". It was a choice that was made and the prerogative of every member of the search committee and the selectmen, whether or not I agree. I think Mr. Mozzocco was much more qualified, period. But, Mr. Moressco is a great guy, and was duly named citizen of the year a few years ago for what he has done for our town.
Don't strain a muscle doing your ethics and reality contortions.

"...for what he has done for our town."

And that would be???

Let's start with what happened to the multi-million dollar Rainy Day fund when he first became a selectman.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Sep Sun 24, 2017 8:25 pm

Priceless.

Listen to the audio. According to Lacroix the selectmen were "impressed" by Mikey saying that the town's greatest asset is its people.

I wish that they asked Mikey what the town's biggest problem is. Maybe he would have gone into a rant about anti-government naysayers and conspiracy theorists.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Sep Sun 24, 2017 8:26 pm

Joseph wrote:
Sep Sun 24, 2017 8:25 pm

Priceless.

I wish that they asked Mikey what the town's biggest problem is. Maybe he would have gone into a rant about venom-spewing anti-government naysayers and conspiracy theorists.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Sep Mon 25, 2017 7:56 am

I listened.....and the other guy when asked the same question said "beaches", so they went with the warm and fuzzy answer, "people". That actually was the reason Mr. Bradley gave for choosing Mike over the new guy. And Mr. Fitzgerald didn't want anyone as cerebral as Mr. Mazzucco or had such an impressive resume. They deliberated for all of about a minute and a half. But the point is, that was their choice and nothing can be done about it. And the other reason, according to Ms. Lacroix is that they felt Mr. Moresco was more committed to the town and would be here for a long time. Yup, until he reaches retirement age! #-O

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Sep Mon 25, 2017 10:18 am

Seahag wrote:
Sep Mon 25, 2017 7:56 am
I listened.....and the other guy when asked the same question said "beaches", so they went with the warm and fuzzy answer, "people". That actually was the reason Mr. Bradley gave for choosing Mike over the new guy. And Mr. Fitzgerald didn't want anyone as cerebral as Mr. Mazzucco or had such an impressive resume. They deliberated for all of about a minute and a half. But the point is, that was their choice and nothing can be done about it. And the other reason, according to Ms. Lacroix is that they felt Mr. Moresco was more committed to the town and would be here for a long time. Yup, until he reaches retirement age! #-O
Maresco gets the nod for a 'lifetime' appointment and Ms. Lacroix gets to stay for as long as she can suppress her conscience. (A few raises will soften the blows.)

Selectman Bradley quoted by Kukstis (Mariner):

“They were both exceptional and their records were great. I just thought during the interview process that [Maresco] had the more complete answers and a little more heart in his interview. The answers to my questions were not only technically and factually accurate, they also had a lot of emotion and heart.”

A 'little more heart' in his answers. HA! Mazzucco had LESS heart in his answers? I wonder why that would be? I mean, all he probably got out of the long ride to and from Marshfield was a few Brownie Points with The Party - and a sub sandwich.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Sep Mon 25, 2017 10:27 am

Mike Bradley also said, and I quote, he liked Mike's answer to the question about what was Marshfield's biggest asset was 'the people' and the other guy said 'the beaches'. You can see and hear it for yourself on the vimeo tape on MCTV on your tv or online.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Sep Mon 25, 2017 10:57 pm

Joseph wrote:
Sep Mon 25, 2017 10:18 am
Seahag wrote:
Sep Mon 25, 2017 7:56 am
Maresco gets the nod for a 'lifetime' appointment and Ms. Lacroix gets to stay for as long as she can suppress her conscience. (A few raises will soften the blows.)

Selectman Bradley quoted by Kukstis (Mariner):

“They were both exceptional and their records were great. I just thought during the interview process that [Maresco] had the more complete answers and a little more heart in his interview. The answers to my questions were not only technically and factually accurate, they also had a lot of emotion and heart.”

A 'little more heart' in his answers. HA! Mazzucco had LESS heart in his answers? I wonder why that would be? I mean, all he probably got out of the long ride to and from Marshfield was a few Brownie Points with The Party - and a sub sandwich.

Don't forget Mikey gave a "COMPELLING" answer LaCroix said to that question!!! =)) You couldn't make this stuff up!!!
Yes the world wide search and interview process!!!And we come down to EMOTION and HEART!!! =))

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Sep Tue 26, 2017 9:09 am

And don't forget about the "professionalism" that Steve Robbins says that he is promoting.
There was Steve - right behind Mikey at the "interview."
Professionals. Yup. Let's just say "Pros."

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Sep Tue 26, 2017 11:50 am

were they really going to say no to Mr. Maresco? of course not, that is so obvious. but, and I do mean this, he may very well be the best man for the job. he's going to make town hall a happy place for all!

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Sep Tue 26, 2017 1:54 pm

Of course we all knew it was in the bag before the dog and pony show even started!But if you know the system is rigged from the beginning, then how could you be getting the best candidate?You have it rigged so you eliminate everyone else!Since we could not be witness to the process,we don't know who was eliminated.We also didn't have any average joe taxpayers on the board to give some unbiased opinion!There might have been much more qualified people who have been doing the job in another town but we will never know?

Noel Harrison
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Noel Harrison » Sep Tue 26, 2017 4:25 pm

Carson wrote:
Sep Tue 26, 2017 1:54 pm
Of course we all knew it was in the bag before the dog and pony show even started!But if you know the system is rigged from the beginning, then how could you be getting the best candidate?You have it rigged so you eliminate everyone else!Since we could not be witness to the process,we don't know who was eliminated.We also didn't have any average joe taxpayers on the board to give some unbiased opinion!There might have been much more qualified people who have been doing the job in another town but we will never know?
There weren't even school people on the selection committee, that's how rigged it was. I can't wait till were back to the good ol' days when the school department and town hall didn't "choose kind" with one another. I get the impression that the town hall crew thinks the school folks are a bunch of lightweights they can bully around.