Mia Regazza

Marshfield related issues.
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
GoingCoastal
Site Admin
Site Admin
facebook ID: 1381994333

Mia Regazza

Post by GoingCoastal » Jun Thu 01, 2017 6:19 am

Joe McDonald

arastus
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Mia Regazza

Post by arastus » Jun Thu 01, 2017 6:29 am

Absolutely! A family run restaurant that is a great addition to our town, much success to the Martin's in their new venture.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Jun Thu 01, 2017 9:04 pm

Was hoping to see some variety of real Italian cuisine offered...
but disappointed after checking out the menu.

Looks like the same stuff you can get at half-a-dozen other restaurants in town.

http://miaregazza.com/
Why do so many officials FEAR and kowtow to the Marshfield Airport gang?

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?

clover
Resident
Resident

Post by clover » Jun Thu 01, 2017 11:13 pm

Joseph wrote:
Jun Thu 01, 2017 9:04 pm
Was hoping to see some variety of real Italian cuisine offered...
but disappointed after checking out the menu.

Looks like the same stuff you can get at half-a-dozen other restaurants in town.

http://miaregazza.com/
I'm glad they're not so focused on what us non-Italians think of as Italian. I can have spaghetti and tomato sauce for a couple bucks at home every night. If I'm going to spend a small fortune eating out, I want something different. Some of the combinations of food at Mia Regazza are different from, and are served differently than, many other places. ...And there's no place else you can get "Lobster Regazza." The one son who loves to get the most expensive thing on the menu and I have been saving up. We'll have to wait a little while, though, since it already looks like big crowds are heading there.

There's a separate website for the Marshfield restaurant. Lobster Regazza is on the home page. You can't get "Mia's Medley" in town. I'm the type who can't make up my mind, and I like combination plates. A couple of the other places in town, that I like, are limited on those, and maybe don't even have a surf and turf dish.

Son number two, who likes chipotle, says he is looking forward to "Brooke's Chipotle Chicken Alfredo."

http://miaregazzamarshfield.com/

niles
Tourist
Tourist

Post by niles » Jun Fri 02, 2017 7:38 am

Hey, Joe
Blame the menu on the "regime" which we all know controls everything in this town including what restaurants can offer on their menus. I think you need to investigate this conspiracy too.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Jun Fri 02, 2017 8:52 am

niles wrote:
Jun Fri 02, 2017 7:38 am
Hey, Joe
Blame the menu on the "regime" which we all know controls everything in this town including what restaurants can offer on their menus. I think you need to investigate this conspiracy too.
I will look forward to eating at the new restaurant - but will first check to see if I have paid my taxes - like the vast majority of Marshfield residents. I am sure that I will see plenty of members of The Regime there. But, typically all they need is a 'drink' and some peanuts and pretzels. No class.

And that will be one investigation that I might enjoy! MANGIA!
(But what a story if I get poisoned and sick.)

Thanks for that link, clover.
I see now that there is a pretty good selection in their pasta dishes - even though my favorites are not there.
Why do so many officials FEAR and kowtow to the Marshfield Airport gang?

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?

pat
Founder
Founder

Post by pat » Jun Sat 03, 2017 8:47 am

niles wrote:
Jun Fri 02, 2017 7:38 am
Hey, Joe
Blame the menu on the "regime"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I went over and checked the place out not from a dining perspective, but as someone who likes to watch Pats games at a bar. Most everything is good. The've removed the partition that hung down over the bar itself and placed back-to-back TVs in the center of the bar area. They appear to be about the same size as the old TVs, but they're brand new, and they're spaced out along the entire stretch, so you don't have a dead zone as they did with the Tavern.

The outdoor bar is still there (huge thumbs up for that) and is unchanged. The big tv is still out there (not sure if it's new). My only complaint (and this is getting a little picky) is that I prefer the former bar stools which swiveled. The new ones are one-piece fixed solid iron stools with arms. This means that to get up, you've got to push your stool completely out into the aisle. This is going to be clumsy, especially when it's crowded. Outside on the stone floor, it sounds like you're dragging a dumpster over the pavement. Definitely a victory of style over functionality.

I haven't had any of the food yet, so I can't speak on quality, but pizzas are a reasonable $7. Several sandwiches are also not over-priced.

I hope that come Pats season they have some sort of halftime appetizer special. The Tavern used to have free pizza. In their hayday, there was plenty of pizza and often some alternative appetizers. Toward the end, they barely made enough for the bar to have a slice or two.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Jun Sat 03, 2017 9:59 am

The've removed the partition that hung down over the bar itself and placed back-to-back TVs in the center of the bar area. They appear to be about the same size as the old TVs, but they're brand new, and they're spaced out along the entire stretch, so you don't have a dead zone as they did with the Tavern.
I used to watch alot of TV too. Then I quit. What a difference!!