Board Of Public Works reorganization

Marshfield related issues.
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
Swamp Yankee
Resident
Resident

Board Of Public Works reorganization

Post by Swamp Yankee » May Thu 11, 2017 9:17 am

Who didn’t see this coming when Robbins left the Board of Selectmen to take this seat. The only surprise is that Robbins isn’t the chairman. Guess that would be a bit to obvious. They have to do anything they can to make sure we don’t get that Forensic Audit town meeting voted for.

http://marshfield.wickedlocal.com/news/ ... ship-roles

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Board Of Public Works reorganization

Post by Joseph » May Thu 11, 2017 11:28 am

Yes... and people see the BRAZEN DASTARDLY AND PREMEDITATED THUGGISH DISRESPECT by Mssrs Robbins and Vallier.

It is OBVIOUS payback for the good work done by Mr. Cusick.

Why do so many officials FEAR and kowtow to the Marshfield Airport gang?

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?

Lifetime
Tourist
Tourist

Post by Lifetime » May Sun 14, 2017 11:01 am

After watching the video of the meeting, it is obvious the two newest DPW Board Members must have conspired prior to the meeting, to elect the Chairman.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » May Sun 14, 2017 5:47 pm

Lifetime wrote:After watching the video of the meeting, it is obvious the two newest DPW Board Members must have conspired prior to the meeting, to elect the Chairman.
Ya think??? :roll:

Swamp Yankee
Resident
Resident

Post by Swamp Yankee » May Sun 14, 2017 5:59 pm

I think this was planned way before the reorganization meeting. More like when Robbins announced he was not running for selectman again. The one person on the board who is trying to do the right thing for the rate payers in town and they treat him like dirt. Thank you Mr. Cusick for at least trying to keep them honest.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » May Mon 15, 2017 11:24 am

Swamp Yankee wrote:I think this was planned way before the reorganization meeting. More like when Robbins announced he was not running for selectman again. The one person on the board who is trying to do the right thing for the rate payers in town and they treat him like dirt. Thank you Mr. Cusick for at least trying to keep them honest.
Yes,I agree with you!!!This was planned LONG before the elections.For Robbins to step down from the BOS to run for DPW,there is certainly a reason!!!Mr Cusick SHOULD be the chairman!He has always been involved with the DPW meetings even before he was elected.They don't want elected boards or elected people!!!They want to be able to appoint "their" minions who have the proper,"seasoning" as they once put it! :roll:

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » May Sun 21, 2017 3:19 pm

Always remember the Monday Night Massacre of John Cusick by Brutus and Cassius

Remember these people - who they are and what they are doing:

1) Moving such that democracy is weakened and destroyed,
2) Public Participation decreases, and,
3) Seizing TOTAL CONTROL of all of the sources of the town's funds and hiring practices.

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » May Sun 21, 2017 3:50 pm

Do not fret, they leave A/V trails wider than their handlers @ dnc...
Let them act it all out... It's free proof for the put upon...

Who do they possibly have to run for prez. all the way down to sidewalk superintendent in next cupple of years??
They ate the mush and then became one with it...

They have blown themselves out and now have little to offer... The A/V gumshoe trail will make for ample counter adds for next election...

Next ball please!! And the winner is predetermined... Way to go stooges... Let everyone see...

*As an aside, is the school proletariat done messing with the culture by now?? By Golly??
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » May Tue 30, 2017 2:30 pm

PAY THAT WATER BILL, NOW!!!

niles
Tourist
Tourist

Post by niles » May Tue 30, 2017 7:14 pm

So how many warning letters does it take and how many offers of working out a payment
plan does it take before the Water Dept. is allowed to take some action. It is my understanding that several hundred thousand dollars in water fees are in arrears. Should the vast majority of taxpayers who pay their bills on time now pay for those who in some cases have gone years ignoring letters and refusing to set up a payment schedule?

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » May Wed 31, 2017 4:29 pm

niles wrote:
May Tue 30, 2017 7:14 pm
So how many warning letters does it take and how many offers of working out a payment
plan does it take before the Water Dept. is allowed to take some action. It is my understanding that several hundred thousand dollars in water fees are in arrears. Should the vast majority of taxpayers who pay their bills on time now pay for those who in some cases have gone years ignoring letters and refusing to set up a payment schedule?

The warnings on the town hall website are new.
The warning letters are new.
The warnings being hung on peoples' doors are new.

Did you know that the original proposed 'shut off' policy did not even take into consideration elderly,children and veterans?

Thanks to John Cusick - (Who The Regime of town hall Insiders is now trying to marginalize.) - there are considerations for some of these 'vulnerable' citizens.

This is how The Regime Insiders, like Steve Robbins, treat people who try to do The Right Thing, as in John Cusick's case, where he fought FOR YEARS for accountability of the Selectmen for skimming the water, sewer and trash accounts and constantly slicing down the DPW budget..

niles
Tourist
Tourist

Post by niles » May Wed 31, 2017 5:39 pm

Every household where the water was shut off was given ample notice through several letters and notices as to the possibility of their water being shut off. Every household was given the opportunity to set up a payment schedule. These were not surprise shut offs in the middle of the night. Not paying your water bill and ignoring offers to set up affordable payment plans has to have consequences.
What if none of us paid our water bills? This has nothing to do with your so called "regime" and everything to do with being a good citizen and paying for services provided. It also has nothing to do with the selectmen "raiding" other accounts. Joe, do you pay your taxes and water bill in a timely manner like the vast majority of Marshfield residents?

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » May Wed 31, 2017 6:15 pm

Niles, most of the people who were in arrears were either over 65 years old or living on social security or a pension, a veteran who served our country in the military, or a household with small children. Once the list was culled, there were not that many who had not paid, certainly not the 500 that the Treasurer said initially.
While most townspeople try to pay their tax bills, you know what? sometimes they can't. And, also, the way this was executed was really unfair to those who didn't pay b/c the proposal was made at a DPW Board meeting in April and two weeks later, shut off notices were sent. Never happened before in this town. It is an extreme measure, and Mr. Cusick is the only one on the Board who acknowledged that. They could have made the proposal and then said this is what is going to happen going forward, starting with the next cycle of water bills.
Sometimes the elderly don't know and also don't have the money to pay up front, and it takes a lot of courage to ask for a payment arrangement if you find yourself in this boat.
Enough said.

niles
Tourist
Tourist

Post by niles » May Wed 31, 2017 9:48 pm

If I am understanding the collection procedure correctly, four letters were sent to those who were more than 180 days in arrears. Also, it sounds as though if the household had a member over 65 or a child under 10 or if the recipient was a disabled vet, the water would not be shut off.
I am going by what I have read concerning the shutoffs. I fully understand that there are many families in this town who are struggling. I work with many of those families on a regular basis to find resources to help them survive. But no matter what your circumstance may be, ignoring the warning signs is never a good option. If someone offers to work out an arrangement for payment, then you can't just hide your head in the sand and hope the problem will go away. If my understanding of the collection procedure is wrong, then I retract my comments. At least the town is not publishing names in the paper of homeowners who in some cases owed as little as $35 in real estate taxes.

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by specialties » Jun Thu 01, 2017 5:32 am

I fully understand that there are many families in this town who are struggling.
This does not matter to Box 32 in Medford who will come after you with your own gun...

Let them drink wine, Marie...
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Jun Tue 20, 2017 4:29 pm

Niles, understood what you are saying about paying one's bills, but that is not the issue here. It was the manner in which the new policy was presented and executed by the DPW Board and the execution of the policy, within a week's time, by the Treasurer that bothers me. To date, they are at 95% collected, so people stepped up and paid! It wasn't the townspeople who were at fault, even if they tried to make it look like we were! And this past week he fairly admitted that bills were not sent out in a timely manner b/c of the ongoing problems in the T/C office, nor were they followed up on for collection, so now he wants to take over all of the billing for the enterprise accounts and have his office do it and not the T/C! So, I am surmising that it was an internal problem within the town's accounting team that created the problem in the first place.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Jun Tue 20, 2017 5:12 pm

There should be a story in The Mariner on this.
The plan is to have the DPW track and produce the billing. Included in this plan is to provide additional Notices about account status and 'shut off' threats by mail.

There should not be 'shut-offs' and overdue fees should be made into liens- that can be paid off at any time.

If there is to be a shut off, a knock on the door with a notice of a definite scheduled shut off date should be given.

The state of collections situation is really not too clear.

Sure, many people are in arrears but, eventually, the bills are paid at some point.

There is no "40% collection rate for the past five years" as claimed by the treasurer.

Word is that a lot of time and money is being expended to shut off service.. then the crews have to go out again to turn the water back on - after payment arrangements are made.

Sounds like it is maybe costing more to run the shut off parade than it's worth.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Jun Tue 20, 2017 7:15 pm

That's what I'm sayin'. It was pretty clear from the beginning that it was a hurry up effort to get some money back into the coffers b/c of some regulation with the DOR, and now the executive branch of town government can't 'borrow' money from the enterprise accounts to do so. I didn't like the way they, the DPW and the T/c, did it b/c it made the townspeople look bad, and they weren't. Now that most of the money is back in the account, Tom Reynolds tells us what really happened!
I think it's a good plan.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Jun Tue 20, 2017 9:12 pm

seahag wrote: I didn't like the way they, the DPW and the T/c, did it b/c it made the townspeople look bad, and they weren't.
So how do you feel about Selectman Jim Fitzgerald likening non-payment (late payment) to "stealing"?

"“People I’ve talked to say this might be harsh, but if some people are not paying and others are, they’re stealing from you,” said Selectman Jim Fitzgerald."

http://marshfield.wickedlocal.com/news/ ... fs-looming

And by deceiving the people over countless budget-related and other issues the officials are not 'stealing' anything from the people?

And Selectman Bradley's billing history in the courts...stealing? Hmmm....

"Public Defender Salaries in Massachusetts
Salary estimated from 802 employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed in the past 12 months. Last updated: June 16, 2017
Attorney
201 salaries reported
$86,894 per year"

https://www.indeed.com/salaries/Public- ... sachusetts

And how much did this Mikey scoop?

Sorry. O/T. Or, is it?

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Jun Wed 21, 2017 2:15 am

Let's not forget the payout Chairman Bradley received from the law firm in the ongoing issue involving the law firm that his brother works for.
Even the Judge overseeing that case is questioning the amount of money paid to the law firm ( Boston Globe ) and the billing amount to certain attorney's.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Jun Wed 21, 2017 6:13 pm

My reply to Joseph's posting is - because Jim Fitzgerald also believed the story being promulgated by the DPW that we were pretty much a bunch of deadbeats when it came to paying water bills, which was essentially untrue!