Special Town Meeting Warrant

Marshfield related issues.
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
Swamp Yankee
Resident
Resident

Special Town Meeting Warrant

Post by Swamp Yankee » Oct Thu 01, 2015 3:37 pm

Town meeting Monday, October 26, 2015, 7:00 PM
Marshfield High School Auditorium.

Special Town Meeting Warrant:
http://www.marshfield-ma.gov//Collatera ... TM2015.pdf

Gidget
Resident
Resident

Re: Special Town Meeting Warrant

Post by Gidget » Oct Fri 02, 2015 6:55 am

I can't drive at night. Is there any way I can take the Gatra to and from town meeting? Otherwise I am going to see if a friend will take me. Does anyone realise that many seniors cannot make town meeting because of this issue.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Oct Fri 02, 2015 9:33 am

gidget wrote:Does anyone realise that many seniors cannot make town meeting because of this issue.[?]
=)) =)) =))

Why YES!!! They DO realize this!

Matt and Steve and Mike and Rocco and Bob and Bob and Keith and Jonathan and Liz and the Citizens Of The Year, et al.....

And when the 'natives,' the 'unwashed', the 'naysayers' get uppity--there's always the Moderator, and the scripted Kabuki theatre-like shenanigans starring the 'Advisory Board Players', 'The Chiefs' , Emma Goldman's lost daughter, 'Patti-Caked' and Little Annie (And her renditions of Yankee Doodle and Good Ship Lollypop), to help get the situation under control - for THEM.
Why do so many officials FEAR and kowtow to the Marshfield Airport gang?

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Bridges » Oct Fri 02, 2015 11:15 am

Seriously.

MOST people work during the day.
Which is why EVERY town I know of having an open town meeting, does NOT have it during the day when the vast majority of folks are working. :roll:

Maybe some shuttle could be worked out with senior center / council on aging.
Did you ask?

Ask a friend or neighbor to help.
Or call a cab. Seriously. How much money could it be?
Scituate BOS, BU Prof and scientist Rick Murray: The only real answer is retreat. I feel for these people...They inherited their house from their great grandmother or spent a lot of money to buy it. But...we are fighting a losing battle with the sea.

Swamp Yankee
Resident
Resident

Post by Swamp Yankee » Oct Fri 02, 2015 11:29 am

Gidget wrote:I can't drive at night. Is there any way I can take the Gatra to and from town meeting? Otherwise I am going to see if a friend will take me. Does anyone realise that many seniors cannot make town meeting because of this issue.

This issue has been discussed in the past. The times I remember a shuttle being available were when we voted for the new senior center and the high school. You would think since Longo and others take the time to go to the senior center to lobby for certain articles they would make a shuttle available for ALL town meetings.

Gidget
Resident
Resident

Post by Gidget » Oct Sat 03, 2015 6:31 am

I would willingly take a cab. I don't believe there has been a local cab in years. If there is one please tell me. Don't think Uber operates in Marshfield. Probably I will ask someone for a ride. Like to be independent. However Gatra is empty most times and it would be great if it could be used for this purpose for town meeting. Again a hostile answer to a simple question.

Swamp Yankee
Resident
Resident

Post by Swamp Yankee » Oct Sat 03, 2015 10:44 am

[quote="Gidget. Again a hostile answer to a simple question.[/quote]

Sorry if you thought my post was hostile. It was not meant to be. I sympathize with you and others who can not get to town meeting and I think a shuttle should be provided.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Oct Sat 03, 2015 12:55 pm

lets have the town meeting on Saturdays. I think that would benefit more people.

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Bridges » Oct Sat 03, 2015 4:50 pm

Swamp Yankee wrote:
Gidget wrote:. Again a hostile answer to a simple question.

Sorry if you thought my post was hostile. It was not meant to be. I sympathize with you and others who can not get to town meeting and I think a shuttle should be provided.
I agree. I am surprised there is nothing associated with senior center for this
Last edited by Bridges on Oct Sat 03, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scituate BOS, BU Prof and scientist Rick Murray: The only real answer is retreat. I feel for these people...They inherited their house from their great grandmother or spent a lot of money to buy it. But...we are fighting a losing battle with the sea.

dlb
Transient
Transient
facebook ID: donna.beals9

Post by dlb » Oct Wed 21, 2015 7:10 am

I believe, but could be mistaken, Bob Maffeo runs a shuttle service in town. Perhaps he would be willing to donate his services that night to pickup and shuttle shut-ins to and from town Meeting that night. Just a thought!
Remember you cannot go back and change the past, but you can start today to make changes to make a difference in your future. Love you all, Donna

dlb
Transient
Transient
facebook ID: donna.beals9

Post by dlb » Oct Wed 21, 2015 7:17 am

Swamp Yankee wrote:Town meeting Monday, October 26, 2015, 7:00 PM
Marshfield High School Auditorium.

Special Town Meeting Warrant:
http://www.marshfield-ma.gov//Collatera ... TM2015.pdf
In reading this Special TM Warrant, there are lots of unanswered questions that really should be asked before a vote is made to approve. Remember, special town meeting is essential for "emergency" expenditures ONLY as I have always been told. All others items should be held for the regular annual town meetings. Unfortunately, this is the only place unpaid bills can be paid and why should vendors be penalized and have to wait; although there are a lot of questions that should be answered there to so the taxpayers know what each of the services are and reason for those bills.

Also, Article 21 I feel should be supported due to the snow and ice removal that will be needed before town meeting, especially if we have a repeat season like last year.

Well this is my food for thought. Thanks for listening.
Remember you cannot go back and change the past, but you can start today to make changes to make a difference in your future. Love you all, Donna

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Oct Wed 21, 2015 12:21 pm

How it works:
'2 minutes to speak':

https://youtu.be/URT6hebOSnk?t=463

The full video:
https://youtu.be/URT6hebOSnk
Why do so many officials FEAR and kowtow to the Marshfield Airport gang?

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?