CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Marshfield related issues.
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
Joseph
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 4652
Joined: Jan Wed 05, 2005 1:01 am

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by Joseph » Dec Sat 27, 2014 11:07 pm

localstudent:
You seem too far gone. The Liberal Leftoid Paradigm appears to be woven into your thought patterns.
'White entitlement.' 'Neanderthal Rightists.' All the usual Leftoid tenets firmly implanted and switched-on.
You didn't even know it was happening when it did.
Tell us, who were your 'favorite' and most 'important' teachers and classes at MHS?
Is Jim Cantwell one of your most respected public figures?
Do you believe that town officials/politicians only act in the best interests of the 'People'?
Is community 'diversity' a goal to be encouraged?
Sarah Palin=Moron?
Nancy Pelosi=dedicated public servant?
Feminism='good'
Men as family and community leaders=outmoded. (Except: Men as providers of creature comforts and validation.) Right?
Why do so many officials FEAR and kowtow to the Marshfield Airport gang?

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 12279
Joined: Jun Mon 15, 2009 11:27 am

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by specialties » Dec Sun 28, 2014 7:29 am

"QUESTION: ThIs year, what do all the world's Muslims and Jews call December 25th? ANSWER: Thursday

On this day long ago, a child was born who, by age 30, would transform the world. Happy Birthday Isaac Newton b. Dec 25, 1642

Merry Christmas to all. A Pagan holiday (BC) becomes a Religious holiday (AD). Which then becomes a Shopping holiday (USA).

yesterday he posted this and he is so right.

Imagine a world in which we are all enlightened by objective truths rather than offended by them.
bobby,
You've really done it this time... How do you serve God on the sabbath and then spend the rest of the week with mammon and progressives ( if that is still a valid term ) ?
Does Fr. Walsh know about this and have you sought his guidance?? Blaspheme of Spirit is big deal where you came from, or once belonged...
If you and the star gazer could see the depth of the Spirit as well as you do via the Hubble then you could really start your own church and teach people how to walk on water... We will continue to pray for the poor benighted heathens...
I'll admit that you and the gazer certainly have the 3D world figured out and uou are such a gaggle of giggles...

Here is a partial list of reports on mr. 3D...
His message was retweeted over 3,000 times. He then tweeted about "a child born who, by age 30, would transform the world" -- and then wished Isaac Newton a happy birthday.
That message was retweeted over 60,000 times, sparking replies that both cheered and bashed him. He continued, firing off a tweet that questioned both Christmas history and American capitalism.
That was retweeted over 15,000 times and further stoked the Internet flames.
Many took issue with his tweets, and lashed out in their replies:
He ended his Christmas message on a lighter note:
@neiltyson why are you such a bigot towards Christianity? #BigotedHack
.@neiltyson is trolling Christmas today to show you how smart he is. #ScroogeWithaTelescope #Insecurity
.@neiltyson you're such a joyless bore
@neiltyson overly reductive, deliberately cynical and unnecessarily provocative why don't you just say #BahHumbug
@neiltyson Weather forecast for the deGrasse Tyson household today: smug with a 90% chance of arrogance. #JesusIsTheReasonForTheSeason
And? On this day may there be peace on earth to men of good will. #GetOverYourself @neiltyson
I saw no supportive comments...

You and wedge pricker have been into the moon dust again...

Whoops, late entries, all in fun of course:
I'm going to give you a monster wedgie, you nerd. @neiltyson
@neiltyson Haha Newton would have also poked you in the eye with his eleventh and twelfth fingers had he seen your tweet mocking Jesus.
.@neiltyson fun fact: Isaac Newton was a Creationist. Where's your God now Neil?
@neiltyson @joerogan amazing clowns like this can insult my savior. Yet if I say "merry Christmas" it's viewed as insensitive or insulting
And a postlude:
So, NDT will not back down. And considering accounts suggest Jesus was born in late summer or early fall, it may be more appropriate to wish Isaac Newton a happy birthday on December 25th anyway. Maybe if we're lucky, Santa will bring us all reflecting telescopes next year.
So there, let it all continue to hang out as your star is in Uranus...

We forgive you anway, but, PLEASE keep typing...

We would like to avoid the pig's head on the Caresh...

Thank you all for being so kind, considerate, loving, caring, inclusive, and funny...
Press on bravely, central school committee... You're doing fine work for the New Manifesto...

The Jew from Nazareth makes world good and new calendar and the rest pounce right on top of him...
Kill Him!!!! Crucify Him!!!! Opps, that's Easter... Sorry...

Forgive them, Father... They know not what they do...
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 6982
Joined: May Mon 22, 2000 1:01 am
Location: just above Vinebrook

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by bobkat » Dec Sun 28, 2014 9:44 am

Mugs of course you missed an important part of my posting .

On Christmas day he used Twitter to post facts that would annoy Conservative Christians . Here are some of his facts.


We all know that Conservative Christians take the bible literally. They don't believe in facts. So he was looking for the response from the right not the left. But you believe the earth is only 6000 years old . You would have been a great source of information for our youth.

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 12279
Joined: Jun Mon 15, 2009 11:27 am

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by specialties » Dec Sun 28, 2014 11:22 am

OK, so it was a series of slow balls over the plate...
You fell for it... I decided to volley back and so did the public as I reacted in order to put snow flakes on liberals...
Turnabout is fair play, after all... At last some humor from the nation of dead...
And you 'experts' sound just like some of the early writers of scripture, so nothing is new again...

I am afraid that I am not in your league...
I do not have your depth of field or experience...

Humor, wit, faith, and understanding go far beyond your literal translation of Scriptures...
If yours is as far as I could see then I would agree with you...

Leave it at that and you are noticed... Now go try that on isisisis...
At least we can laugh... ( and forgive ) Go fight your own jihad...

As for your last, you are still all wet... 'Context' is the key... Not your pretext...
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...

User avatar
teacherlady
Transient
Transient
Posts: 349
Joined: Dec Thu 01, 2005 6:51 pm

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by teacherlady » Dec Wed 31, 2014 5:39 pm

Provincial Marshfield basically omitted the sex education part of the state mandated curriculum. When I saw this happen, I put my children in religious based schools, who did a much better job explaining human sexuality. Districts, depending on the superintendent, do have different ways of interpreting the frameworks, but can't dilute or ignore them completely. Some jump on every bandwagon-such as Race to the Top to get more $$$. Some change curriculum levels-what is taught by grade- the minute DESE suggests it, resulting in more $ for textbook changes and so forth.

One area where Marshfield School Comm could work on is the creation of a wider range and depth of AP classes. The lack of those send many of our best and brightest out of public school. We have a huge population of students who would benefit. That was another reason to get my kids out, along with all the testing being shoved down their throats, that is the grand scheme of things, is raising a generation of robots, not thinkers.

Educational reform, was to bring about accountability, something really needed in all districts. But it has become an out-of -control privatization and profiteering monster.

localstudent
Visitor
Visitor
Posts: 6
Joined: Dec Wed 24, 2014 11:43 am

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by localstudent » Jan Fri 02, 2015 3:39 pm

Hi there! Thank you for all the feedback and responses. Would any of you be willing to be interviewed on camera so I can add a video portion to my article?

niles
Tourist
Tourist
Posts: 99
Joined: Apr Wed 25, 2007 7:19 pm

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by niles » Jan Fri 02, 2015 4:06 pm

Teacher lady
Could you explain what your post about sex education an AP courses has to do with the title of this thread, Christmas Break protester interview?

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 6982
Joined: May Mon 22, 2000 1:01 am
Location: just above Vinebrook

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by bobkat » Jan Fri 02, 2015 7:18 pm

teacherlady wrote:Provincial Marshfield basically omitted the sex education part of the state mandated curriculum
teacher lady you are wrong. Sex education in not mandatory in Massachusetts Public Schools. Also under the Massachusetts General laws if a school chooses to teach Sex Education . Chapter 71 section 32A "Section 32A. Every city, town, regional school district or vocational school district implementing or maintaining curriculum which primarily involves human sexual education or human sexuality issues shall adopt a policy ensuring parental/guardian notification. Such policy shall afford parents or guardians the flexibility to exempt their children from any portion of said curriculum through written notification to the school principal. No child so exempted shall be penalized by reason of such exemption."

Also like niles ask you what does your posting have to do with this topic.

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 12279
Joined: Jun Mon 15, 2009 11:27 am

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by specialties » Jan Sat 03, 2015 5:19 am

teacherlady,

Thanks for your input with depth of field...
You are experiencing the usual suspects who loom large amongst us in perpetual motion towards the far side...

You pointed out two concerns and it sent a chill up the spines of those whose agenda is a bit simpler, that of tinkering with one's ( or many ) culture...
4200/5 approx. in this case... One net vote from the central committee...

Instead of concentrating on education which bears fruit for the student, they stick to their guns however disguised from hate and intolerance...

Let's hear some more from you...

The 'interviewer' was interviewed on first read... Beware the haters and sea lawyers...
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...

User avatar
Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 11302
Joined: Aug Sat 05, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: Marshfield

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by Bridges » Jan Sat 03, 2015 8:49 am

Teacherlady, old Mugsy should be used as the model of exactly what we want our schools to NOT turn out.

Could you imagine if all the students that our schools produced spewed gibberish as he does, 24x7?
Scituate BOS, BU Prof and scientist Rick Murray: The only real answer is retreat. I feel for these people...They inherited their house from their great grandmother or spent a lot of money to buy it. But...we are fighting a losing battle with the sea.

niles
Tourist
Tourist
Posts: 99
Joined: Apr Wed 25, 2007 7:19 pm

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by niles » Jan Sat 03, 2015 9:23 am

Specialties,
Thank you for the attack. I wonder why so many more forumites do not comment on anything except for the usual half dozen or so constant posters. I asked a simple question of Teacherlady. In fact, I agree with many of her points such as lack of AP courses and too much testing and not enough teaching going on not just in Marshfield, but across the state. I simply think that the points she raised belong in a separate thread and not this one. I was looking for a simple answer, not an attack from one who has difficulty writing responses in plain English.
Anyway, have a Happy New Year and please show a little more tolerance to other responses.

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 12279
Joined: Jun Mon 15, 2009 11:27 am

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by specialties » Jan Sat 03, 2015 10:26 am

WE, bilge pump?? You have a mouse in your pocket?? We the people are the majority, 4200/5 Go fish...
It's only gibber if you don't have an ear to hear... I am not in charge of your spiritual decapitation, you did that yourself...

Sorry niles, no 'attack' was implied or inferred... Sorry that you feel that way... In fact I never noticed your name on the thread...
So if that is you, that's OK too...

This does not mean that there are not those who roam the world seeking the rule of soul...
That's a strike issue and this all is nothing new...
Funny how the 'few' make all the stink against, when thousands are very happily for...
Why not call for an atheist day, then we can include you... For some weird reason I can't accept you as a spokesman for the atheists, mr marx...
You want a Madeline Murray O'Hare chapter?? Be first in the book!!! Then come back and let it all hang out some more...

As far as the 'act' goes, we have freedom to practice guaranteed and the government does not have immunity from us...
Let's not even recognize that it is a state and fed holy day... You lose...
If you read these threads and have hopes not to let your face boil again then don't read anything that doesn't exist...
The 4200/5 stands...
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...

Zech
Transient
Transient
Posts: 689
Joined: Feb Tue 11, 2003 1:01 am

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by Zech » Jan Sat 03, 2015 10:52 am

Bridges wrote:Teacherlady, old Mugsy should be used as the model of exactly what we want our schools to NOT turn out.

Could you imagine if all the students that our schools produced spewed gibberish as he does, 24x7?
lol,look who's spewing gibberish???like the pot calling the kettle black,eh??? =)) =)) =))

and it's non-stop!!! =)) =)) =))

User avatar
Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 11302
Joined: Aug Sat 05, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: Marshfield

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by Bridges » Jan Sat 03, 2015 10:56 am

Look who's posting strings of ROTFL emoticons.

Which is non-stop with you: http://www.southshoreforums.com/phpBB3/ ... 3&sr=posts
Scituate BOS, BU Prof and scientist Rick Murray: The only real answer is retreat. I feel for these people...They inherited their house from their great grandmother or spent a lot of money to buy it. But...we are fighting a losing battle with the sea.

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 12279
Joined: Jun Mon 15, 2009 11:27 am

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by specialties » Jan Sat 03, 2015 11:03 am

There's one in every den of ill repute...
I never understood a single word he said, but I helped him drink his whine...
Wedge pimp, I called you out... More muzak from the lips which never smile??
Az Mississippi Fred MacDowel would say, ' uh uh, he ain't got nuttin '...
That's not a reel...
See watcha miss out on, mr. 3D jim dandy??
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...

Zech
Transient
Transient
Posts: 689
Joined: Feb Tue 11, 2003 1:01 am

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by Zech » Jan Sat 03, 2015 11:24 am

specialties wrote:There's one in every den of ill repute...
I never understood a single word he said, but I helped him drink his whine...
Wedge pimp, I called you out... More muzak from the lips which never smile??
Az Mississippi Fred MacDowel would say, ' uh uh, he ain't got nuttin '...
That's not a reel...
See watcha miss out on, mr. 3D jim dandy??
wedge pimp!!!good one!a 90lb wedge pimp at that!! =)) =)) =))

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 12279
Joined: Jun Mon 15, 2009 11:27 am

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by specialties » Jan Sat 03, 2015 11:39 am

I dun wanna give em a complex or anything, but bobkat and mushy have already turned down the wick on such activity...

Does this remind us of anyone??
“Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood.
“Never go outside the expertise of your people.” It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone.
“Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty.
“Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules.
“Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.
“A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones.
“A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.” Don’t become old news. wedgie pie?? :shock:
“Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.
“The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist.
“If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog.
“The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem.
“Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions
So wats news, doc???

4200/5 and growing wild... Let's at least thank him for the wake up call...
Here I thought we would all die from apathy...

Today's quote:

Image
Please love our baby Jesus...

* Note to central committee: Easter/Passover is when you want to attack next...
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 12279
Joined: Jun Mon 15, 2009 11:27 am

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by specialties » Jan Sun 04, 2015 1:34 pm

Info for School Central Committee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHa5WemS2Kw

Please consider well...


Question for School Central Committee:

Who are we ignoring or not including??
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...

User avatar
JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 9787
Joined: Jul Fri 02, 2004 1:01 am
Location: Marshfield

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by JIMD » Jan Mon 05, 2015 8:19 am

Bobkat, why do you think it's OK to marginalize or objectify Christians with the statements about annoying Christians what do you hope to gain from that, what do you think others will gain from it?

Do you think it's funny, please explain motivation
Good Dog

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 6982
Joined: May Mon 22, 2000 1:01 am
Location: just above Vinebrook

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by bobkat » Jan Mon 05, 2015 11:25 am

JIMD let me ask you . Do you know what the word LITERALLY means. If you do then you should understand .

here are some of the Bibles used today. The New American BibleThe New American Standard BibleThe New International Version of the Bible The New Revised Standard Version BibleThe Revised English BibleThe Living Bible The New Living Translation and of course the favorite of many KJV BIBLE.

While you look at the names of these bibles most were written in the 20th century . So could you literally tell me which one was written by God not man . Because some many Conservative Christians literally believe in every word printed in these bibles. You know they (the builders of Noah's Ark in kentucky)take the bible literally and tell us that the earth is only 6000 years old. I don't buy it. I will side with Neil deGrasse Tyson and his tweets.

User avatar
JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 9787
Joined: Jul Fri 02, 2004 1:01 am
Location: Marshfield

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by JIMD » Jan Mon 05, 2015 11:31 am

Who are you to judge what people believe in, what are your qualifications.

I bet in all the publication you listed it states God is the judge and your're more or less stepping out on thin ice when you start to judge.

I have a keen interest in evolutionary biology but I wont mock someone because they have faith and a belief system that's different then mine. You're liberal correct? don't you think inclusiveness is a vital part of American life? It's what citizens should strive for
Last edited by JIMD on Jan Mon 05, 2015 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Good Dog

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 6982
Joined: May Mon 22, 2000 1:01 am
Location: just above Vinebrook

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by bobkat » Jan Mon 05, 2015 11:40 am

JIMD wrote:Who are you to judge what people believe in, what are your qualifications
JIMD please tell me when a person reads a book written by a men and claiming it is the literally the word god and there is no wiggle room . They are trying to force their way of beliefs on me through government . Then yes I will judge . While we at it . You do know to believe in a religion . It requires to have faith in it . But there is no way to prove that your religion is better than mine. Religion is not based on Godly facts but what man has told us to believe. When you get a chance please come back here and post facts the prove your God is the right one over everyone else faith.

User avatar
JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 9787
Joined: Jul Fri 02, 2004 1:01 am
Location: Marshfield

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by JIMD » Jan Mon 05, 2015 11:44 am

The only thing I'll judge is your grammar skills, they really suck. Did you proof read your last? I hope not

Can't you state your argument without mocking people and their faith?
Good Dog

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 6982
Joined: May Mon 22, 2000 1:01 am
Location: just above Vinebrook

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by bobkat » Jan Mon 05, 2015 12:07 pm

JIMD calling the kettle black . You need to look in a mirror and see yourself . All you do is attack anyone who does not agree with. Why don't you get job and work with other people . You need to get out of your house and really see how other people live.

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 12279
Joined: Jun Mon 15, 2009 11:27 am

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by specialties » Jan Mon 05, 2015 12:57 pm

If the three nay say on holy day then is this all the opposition??? Three cranks started all of this??
So who signed the instigation petition from the 5 nay say they?? We know it wasn't the two Christians on the school central committee...
And how come bridgeball is the lone stragular?? Did'nt 5 have to sign the instigation petition like the 4200 Christians did?? Betcha will double to 8400 by next time fer sure... Hope it's not tomorrow tho, too much warming outside...
( mushy like a little pro bono, eh? ) Some times I'd rather be a Chaldean...
OK, three known cranks plus the ONE vote on the central committee =4, then 1 is the wildcard!!!
So in soviet union it only takes 1 vote to wipe out a culture... We get it now, mizz kommissar...
madam emersonian, we thinks you got your answer...

And then stood thousands of years of the best observations and opinions by the finest of their kinds, but they were no wheres near a match as bright and experienced as wedges, the Christian beater ( little saulski )...
I'll be a good sparks mr saul... Go ahead, whip us with your other erasure... You phoney devil...
I think that one innocent kid got all jacked up by a wedge baiter, was that who is the 5th person of concern??

An innocent??? A kid??? It took Rabbi Dave to talk her down but she'll be right in a fortnight...
May the false guilt of 10 million kids come to visit y'all real soon...
U guys have NO class... No wonder stalin and mao killed million of you useful idiots... Yeah, you...

There are LOTS of current day Christian holocaust videos..
Does the central committee ever wonder why we're a 'little edgy'...
Have some of that kind and passionate democratic love for us poor souls too... We got feelings...
Yule get away clean, being an atheist and who knows what else, but not for long....

=====================================================================

Instead I will put my faith in these people rather than even listen to bridges - marshead - bobkat... 2015 YES!!! Free at last...

http://biblehub.com/timeline/

http://timeline.biblehistory.com/home

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology_of_the_Bible

http://www.blueletterbible.org/study/parallel/timeline/

Not as bright as wedgie and the beast or the doctor of letters for that matter...
I can't wait to see the vuncular three in vast array... Argue with these cats, stooges...

* wedgie, I hope your face doesn't catch on fire, just let it steam, like a sauna... Will feel real good later... Trust me...
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 12279
Joined: Jun Mon 15, 2009 11:27 am

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by specialties » Jan Mon 05, 2015 1:32 pm

And a last call for Jim Cantwell as well... Tis you is or tis you ain't, my brother??

We sail soon... Consider well...
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...

flightlessbird
Visitor
Visitor
Posts: 6
Joined: Jan Tue 06, 2015 7:01 pm

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by flightlessbird » Jan Tue 06, 2015 7:21 pm

I have never in my life been more ashamed to be from Marshfield. This entire situation is downright embarrassing. I gave up trying to read all of the ridiculousness on this thread. It's all the same nonsense that's being said again and again.

I'd just like to say that on top of the shame I feel for living hear, I'm also now terrified to live here. I have seen countless people post online about how people who don't celebrate Christmas should "go back to where they came from" and to "leave if we don't like it". What exactly are you implying? Not everybody in Marshfield is white and Christian, and the people who aren't didn't come from somewhere else. A lot of us have been here. It's extremely ignorant and bigoted to imply that we're all immigrants coming to take away your religion. So much for being inclusive. You say making Christmas Break into Holiday Break is the exclusive act here but it's 100% the other way around. Not everybody in Marshfield celebrates Christmas. I do, but I also celebrate other things too. Perhaps this gives me a unique perspective into understanding both sides. But telling people to go away because they don't celebrate the same things you do is unacceptable. Changing the name of Christmas Break to Holiday Break isn't being exclusive by removing the word Christmas. It's just a word. Christmas in all its entirety still exists. The music still exists, the holidays still exists, the Christmas songs that non-Christmas celebrators are singing in elementary school still exist. Everything still exists.

For everybody claiming that saying Christmas has become shameful, I honestly don't understand why you're feeling that way. There's nothing shameful about it and nobody is shaming people for saying it. Please, continue to say Merry Christmas and hang up your permitted signs, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it! Just please, follow the law and don't think your religion gives you the right to be above it. Just stop saying "Merry Christmas" to people out of spite. That's neither merry nor in the holiday spirit.

Also, I think everybody in this argument keeps on forgetting that the lovely thing called "separation of church and state" exists. I don't know why people seem to forget about it so easily, but it's a real thing! Religion shouldn't be a part of public school. I'm sorry if you think it should, and I know so many of you think that the minority in a situation is unimportant because you're used to being in the majority, but being in the minority in school can be extremely tough. Not even for religion but for other things. Inclusion is SO important in grade school. Please be thankful if you've never had to worry about this.

I think I've covered everything but if I haven't, please call me out, I'd love to continue to list of reasons why people supporting "Christmas Break" over "Holiday Break" are wrong. I still have yet to be given any facts as to why "Holiday Break" is even a bad thing. Just a bunch of racist and bigoted opinions about how taking away "Christmas" is an attack on Christianity, when it's not. So please, go ahead. Try to convince me that it is.

User avatar
Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 11302
Joined: Aug Sat 05, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: Marshfield

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by Bridges » Jan Tue 06, 2015 8:12 pm

i like it
Religion shouldn't be a part of public school.
Well, there certainly should be no prayers, etc...

But I think an academic course in comparative religion, that gives EQUAL time to major religions, is very beneficial.

The key is a making it an academic course, that does no preaching, sticks to the facts, and does not promote any one religion over any other.
Last edited by Bridges on Jan Tue 06, 2015 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scituate BOS, BU Prof and scientist Rick Murray: The only real answer is retreat. I feel for these people...They inherited their house from their great grandmother or spent a lot of money to buy it. But...we are fighting a losing battle with the sea.

User avatar
Jimmy Mac
Tourist
Tourist
Posts: 294
Joined: Mar Sat 12, 2005 10:33 am
Location: Rexhame

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by Jimmy Mac » Jan Tue 06, 2015 8:15 pm

Very well said flightlessbird I couldn't agree with you more.

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 12279
Joined: Jun Mon 15, 2009 11:27 am

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by specialties » Jan Tue 06, 2015 9:14 pm

One fact is for sure... Get rid of religion and yule never be able to hire enough police...

Look at new age religion replacement in NYC... How is that working for you??

Here, from your own Harvard prof: https://www.youtube.com/embed/YjntXYDPw44

Where did the new wall paperer ever dig up such a thing as 'separation of church and state'??
Where is that law?? Wishful thinking by the power knobbers tho...

Are secularism, communism, or global warming religions?? Should they be promoted over others??

Nice rally, weak argument... Little wonder why you won't go up against ISIS...

wedgeball, where did you rent the agit-props??
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...

User avatar
Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 11302
Joined: Aug Sat 05, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: Marshfield

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by Bridges » Jan Tue 06, 2015 9:44 pm

specialties wrote:One fact is for sure... Get rid of religion and yule never be able to hire enough police...
Ah - so you are asserting that religion has a lock on morality? :roll:

No religion, no morality? :roll: :roll:

=)) Of course, there's that old pedophile priest scandal thing...

And there have sure as hell been many moral atheists.

In fact, religion and morality actually have little to do with one another.

You can be religious and moral...or completely amoral.

You can be atheist and moral...or completely amoral.
Scituate BOS, BU Prof and scientist Rick Murray: The only real answer is retreat. I feel for these people...They inherited their house from their great grandmother or spent a lot of money to buy it. But...we are fighting a losing battle with the sea.

NewNRAMember
Tourist
Tourist
Posts: 91
Joined: Nov Wed 26, 2014 6:22 pm

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by NewNRAMember » Jan Wed 07, 2015 8:27 am

Bridges wrote:
specialties wrote:One fact is for sure... Get rid of religion and yule never be able to hire enough police...
Ah - so you are asserting that religion has a lock on morality? :roll:

No religion, no morality? :roll: :roll:

=)) Of course, there's that old pedophile priest scandal thing...

And there have sure as hell been many moral atheists.

In fact, religion and morality actually have little to do with one another.

You can be religious and moral...or completely amoral.

You can be atheist and moral...or completely amoral.

Hey spineless coward.... still waiting for you to hammer away at Islam like you do against the homosexual priests. Here is a softball for you showing that religion has no correlation with morality. Let's see if you have the grapes to take a stand against someone who might hit you back unlike the Catholics who will just pray for you.

Any comments on the following?

12 KILLED AT PARIS MAGAZINE THAT RAN MUHAMMED CARTOONS
TWEETED ISIS JOKE HOUR BEFORE ATTACK
VIDEO: 'ALLAHU AKBAR!'
'WE HAVE AVENGED THE PROPHET!'

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 12279
Joined: Jun Mon 15, 2009 11:27 am

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by specialties » Jan Wed 07, 2015 9:03 am

mudslinger bridgeball,

You get more funny every post... Thinking you are having a meltdown...

Your slander invokes our prayers fer sure... isisisis is not so friendly, mud breath...
Do you eat this mud that you stir?? You must develop a taste at this rate...

Whether you dive or swing from limb, you are free to do that in this country...

As for your tasteless, cowardly crack on the Catholic's priests:
I'm betting that is in the 1 - 2 % incident rate there at most and nowhere near as high as you and the general population...

You could if you were loving and inclusive defer to the dnc sanctioned NAMBLA where the rate of that disgusting activity is at or near 100%...

What say, fish head?? And you claim to have walked away from the Lord God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob???
You are a 'man'? without a soul, but you told us all that...

Shame on you, wormwood...

Calling Jim Cantwell, Marshfield calling... Is this dud all that the central committee has for a spokesperson??
Do you OK his comments on the Church???

* NRA, he wouldn't dare say anything about his political/spiritual partners...
They'd lop off his head, all we can do is pray as we fight our own jihad within ourselves...
Sorry bahsted!!!
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...

SandySeashore
Tourist
Tourist
Posts: 78
Joined: Dec Wed 31, 2014 3:37 pm

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by SandySeashore » Jan Wed 07, 2015 4:58 pm

I came across this link with a video and news photo in case anyone missed it:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_opinio ... _christmas

flightlessbird
Visitor
Visitor
Posts: 6
Joined: Jan Tue 06, 2015 7:01 pm

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by flightlessbird » Jan Wed 07, 2015 7:36 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDAfUiVYZDw

But in all seriousness, specialties, I don't understand the nonsense you're rambling about. None of the things you're complaining about have to do with removing the word Christmas from Christmas Break and replacing it with Holiday on a calendar.

Also, bridges has the most sense here, but I'm not surprised coming from you and a supposed NRA member.

And also, morality has nothing to do with religion. Have you ever taken an ethics class? People are good because the act of doing good feels good.

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 12279
Joined: Jun Mon 15, 2009 11:27 am

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by specialties » Jan Wed 07, 2015 9:05 pm

I guess that is why you are a flightless bird... Good luck...

What about the Chaldeans??

Ethics class?? How much did that cost??

Your Harvard prof. sed that if we get rid of the religions then we will not be able to hire enough police...
I'll stay with that one... Eg: Look at your flightless big bird in the big apple!!! Big jerk...

Ethics class :lol: They don't print wallpaper like they used to!!!!
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...

flightlessbird
Visitor
Visitor
Posts: 6
Joined: Jan Tue 06, 2015 7:01 pm

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by flightlessbird » Jan Thu 08, 2015 1:18 am

My username is from a song but okay, whatever.
Idk what in the world a Chaldean is but okay, whatever.

Funny how you're making fun of a college class and then using a college professor as support for your argument? That doesn't make any sense but okay, whatever. What that Harvard Professor is saying doesn't make any sense either. People don't have morals because of religion. If they did, nonreligious people wouldn't have morals, but guess what, they do! And once again none of what you're saying has anything to do with changing a word from Christmas to Holiday. If you think religious morality is so important, teach it yourself! Learn about it in church! Keep it away from schools! And once again, changing the name of a vacation from Christmas Break to Holiday Break isn't attacking or taking away any of your precious religion, please explain to me how it it. I've STILL yet to receive an explanation about how it is.

To go deeper into morals since you're so adamant about it, even though it has nothing to do with what this topic is originally about, you wanna know why killing people is wrong? Because the world agrees it's wrong. But in some cases killing is allowed, for example, self defense, so what do you have to say about that? Ethics and morals are a giant game of what other people think is universally accepted or not, and religion has nothing to do with it. How else do you think horrible things like the Holocaust happened? Where were people's religious morals then? Their society told them it was okay to kill, and they were still religious. Hmmm. How peculiar. Maybe you need to spend some money on an ethics class since you obviously don't understand how any of this works. Would you kill somebody if you wouldn't get in trouble from your religion? I'd love to know.

Also, none of your sayings make any sense.

User avatar
Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 11302
Joined: Aug Sat 05, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: Marshfield

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by Bridges » Jan Thu 08, 2015 6:19 am

Remember the crusades? Christianity killed for a long period of time.
wikipedia wrote:Eight hundred years after the Fourth Crusade, Pope John Paul II twice expressed sorrow for the events surrounding it. In 2001, he wrote to Christodoulos, Archbishop of Athens, saying, "It is tragic that the assailants, who set out to secure free access for Christians to the Holy Land, turned against their brothers in the faith. The fact that they were Latin Christians fills Catholics with deep regret."
How peculiar...
Scituate BOS, BU Prof and scientist Rick Murray: The only real answer is retreat. I feel for these people...They inherited their house from their great grandmother or spent a lot of money to buy it. But...we are fighting a losing battle with the sea.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient
Posts: 943
Joined: Feb Sat 15, 2014 3:33 pm

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by Vlad_Rap » Jan Thu 08, 2015 7:36 am

And once again, changing the name of a vacation from Christmas Break to Holiday Break isn't attacking or taking away any of your precious religion, please explain to me how it it. I've STILL yet to receive an explanation about how it is.
And once again - it was the school committee who chose to hold the vote which changed the name. At this point isn't the ball in their court to furnish their reasons, along with solid examples, as to why they knowingly chose to tick off so many people.

What? They didn't know? Not too bright, are they?

specialties
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posts: 12279
Joined: Jun Mon 15, 2009 11:27 am

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAK PROTESTER INTERVIEW

Post by specialties » Jan Thu 08, 2015 7:40 am

Dear flightless, relax, you will run across the story concerning the Flight of the Phoenix and feel better about life... You are not locked into today's circumstances, there is hope and faith...

As for the Chaldeans, they are salt of the earth Christians living in Iraq and who are undergoing their own holocaust right now with decapitation, murder, rape, and pillage by the religion of peace, then to add insult to injury they take the women away and remarry them to themselves... Don't worry cuz that can never happen here unless you are last on the list and there is no one left to help you...

So, whatever, whatever, whatever, and whatever, do they teach logic and reasoning in college??
Do they teach inventiveness, entrepeneur, survival, and how to get jobs with all those diplomas??
Who is making fun of higher education?? We all need some, especially now... Depends on the meaning of 'higher'; cost, results, common core???
That's why we have faith and allegiance to those heroes of time who had something to believe in besides the likes of our 'earth' masters and others who go around trying to capture minds and riches, like what is happening to the Chaldeans today...
What that Harvard Professor is saying doesn't make any sense either.
I understand that as you have no skin in the game and nothing spiritually actually to lose...
People don't have morals because of religion.
Do you mean like the Ten Commandments, Love they neighbor, missionary efforts, ethics and the seat of humanity as explained in the Scriptures??
If you think religious morality is so important, teach it yourself! Learn about it in church! Keep it away from schools! And once again, changing the name of a vacation from Christmas Break to Holiday Break isn't attacking or taking away any of your precious religion, please explain to me how it it. I've STILL yet to receive an explanation about how it is.
Well, plenty of people study history, morality, in particular the best selling book on the subject and all agree that we'd be best to do better at improving ourselves... When Moses came down with the Ten Commandments for instants, was an audit given to him as to what is wrong with God's people... And even since that time not much has happened to improve ourselves, so we really are a sick race with a disease known as 'human nature'... So since that time we go about our business and cannot even hire enough shrinks to help our people, same as getting rid of the Ten Commandments ( which we seem to be doing a good job of ) is the reason why soon we will not be able to hire enough police, military etc.... See the point?? 'Erasing' Christmas break is just a more subtle way of eliminating God's word versus the way they are doing it to the Chaldeans right now... Check it out...
If it doesn't matter about what we call the holy days then why not stay on the course that we are on??? It's not my precious religion, it's the direction that we are headed... Religion has lots of troubles with lots of people who fight to change their 'human nature' hearts and even end up corrupting the very religion that was brought up to save us... Something akin to isis killing off the Chaldeans right about now... Otherwise you can listen to bridges and just die some day, lights out, fini wipe out, nada, forget God's promises, we have politicians such as the central committee who can wipe out a culture with ONE vote, dig??
So go ahead, keep it away from schools and simply study 'ethics'... Oy Vey!!!
you wanna know why killing people is wrong
I already know, and so should you... It was one of the ten 'suggestions' that Moses received and was promptly cursed by his own people upon receipt... I thinks it is already out of the schools, but not off the walls of Justice... ( yet )
Their society told them it was okay to kill, and they were still religious.
BINGO, you hit the nail... What do we know?? People come up with some world class religions and then degenerate back to what they were in the first place... Can you think of any worldly examples going on right now??
How else do you think horrible things like the Holocaust happened?
Which holocaust?? Easter was a mini holocaust, now look at the growing examples...
People are no freaking good, get used to it!!! Is it a mystery why we have to reach 'higher' with our beliefs, like with a state and federal holiday called Christmas, Easter, MLK day, etc...
Lots of Christians are still trying to get it right... Can you help them?? Some are still dying while trying... 'Die to your lower nature'... Do you know that there are many special ops God's Children around the world today who are trying to guard your six?? I call that, ethics...
Where were people's religious morals then?
They left them at their church, temple, mosque... That's where...
We are a very sad race and it won't surprise me to see us go away, away... Soon even...
So what will OUR efforts be for???
We have been amply warned...
you obviously don't understand how any of this works.
Also, none of your sayings make any sense.
Are you related to bobkat?? :shock:
Maybe you need to spend some money on an ethics class
:lol: You have no idea... If it were only that simple... You are giving your youth and innocents away now...
Stay free and void of evil for as long as you can... The future generation may depend on it...

So why did the central committee change things?? What were the complaints beside PC??
First it was the CHURCH, then the FAMILY, and now the NATION...

Post Reply