The City of Marshfield Jetport

Marshfield related issues.
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
Jackster
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

The City of Marshfield Jetport

Post by Jackster » Oct Sun 30, 2005 5:50 pm

from WATD:
Marshfield Airport Wins Grant
The Marshfield Airport has been awarded a grant to conduct an Environmental Impact Report. The $363,000 dollar grant will be devoted to devising the most environmentally friendly ways to expand the airport, located just off Ocean Drive. Several projects, including runway extension, are planned to take place pending the outcome of the report. The grant is part of a statewide program supported by the Aeronautics Commission to assist 42 public use airports. The environmental review is expected to begin within a year
In future news, Aerosmith jet crashes into highrise apartment. Story at 11, 2007.

evilx
Visitor
Visitor

Post by evilx » Oct Sun 30, 2005 5:57 pm

Big Old Jet Airliner, Don't Carry Me Too Far Away!
May the force be...

Jackster
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Jackster » Oct Sun 30, 2005 6:38 pm

Aerosmith, not Steve Miller :wink:

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Oct Sun 30, 2005 6:45 pm

Fly like an eagle?

<JGB>

Post by <JGB> » Oct Sun 30, 2005 7:07 pm

Leaving on a Jet Plane ??

John Denver

JGB

Jackster
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Jackster » Oct Sun 30, 2005 7:14 pm

Aw geez, let's keep John Denver out of this. Please!

<JGB>

Post by <JGB> » Oct Sun 30, 2005 7:21 pm

Jacks,

Sorry, couldn't resist...:oops: :oops:

JGB :lol: :lol:

Neggy
Transient
Transient

Post by Neggy » Oct Sun 30, 2005 9:57 pm

I fly out of 3B2 and have full faith in thier operation.

it is a really nice place to fly in and out of, and if you have never availed yourself of the 49 dollar sightseeing flights out of there try one.

I do like to hear the Citation V take off when I am sitting on my front porch.

andyscouse
Citizen
Citizen

Post by andyscouse » Oct Sun 30, 2005 10:29 pm

Neggy wrote:I fly out of 3B2 and have full faith in thier operation.

it is a really nice place to fly in and out of, and if you have never availed yourself of the 49 dollar sightseeing flights out of there try one.

I do like to hear the Citation V take off when I am sitting on my front porch.
What are these flights? Out of M'field?

... and now for something completely different!

<JGB>

Post by <JGB> » Oct Sun 30, 2005 10:45 pm

WATD wrote:
The $363,000 dollar grant will be devoted to devising the most environmentally friendly ways to expand the airport
I think the expansion of the airport is less an environmental issue and more an issue of available space.

I dont live in the area surrounding the airport, and am certainly not very familiar with the idiosyncrasies of airport expansion, but it just seems a little cramped down in that section of town to support a more robust airport which would NOT have a significant adverse quality-of-life impact to the surrounding communities.

Just my opinion¦Ill wait for the report or pre-release before I offer a more educated judgment.

JGB

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Oct Sun 30, 2005 11:49 pm

I think that the airport can be a good neighbor. However.......

1) What are the deals that the town has with the lessees?

2) I am not so sure that the press release should read like it does- it seems that it is assumed that the airport will expand, and that all that remains is to present the expansion measures as the most "environmentally friendly." Upgrades are necessary but we need more public discourse over the role of the airport and how it fits with the neighborhood and town.

Last year, I was invited to serve on the airport's Technical Advisory Committee, the same Committee from which Bud Francis was picked to fill a spot on the Airport Commission when Tom Walsh passed away this summer. I might have more answers and a better understanding except that I am still waiting for an answer to my question about the role of the TAC at this point.

I guess given my penchant for asking questions - I shouldn't hold my breath - eh?

P.S. My house is the closest one to any take-off or landing approach path.

Oh, and folks, I'll let you know which reporter calls first to talk about this - Shamus, Kathryn or Ryan.

Max

Post by Max » Oct Mon 31, 2005 8:26 am

If you didn't accept the invitation when it was offered, you missed your chance. The TAC has finished its work.

Green Acres
Resident
Resident

Post by Green Acres » Oct Mon 31, 2005 12:30 pm

No way should that airport be expanded. This is a residential neighborhood.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Oct Mon 31, 2005 12:30 pm

Max wrote:If you didn't accept the invitation when it was offered, you missed your chance. The TAC has finished its work.
Very clever!
The invitation was accepted and, I did inquire about about the work.

Also, I cannot imagine that the TAC 's work is done when the EIR has not even been started and, it is inevitable that there will be adjustments to the plans.

Green Acres
Resident
Resident

Post by Green Acres » Oct Mon 31, 2005 12:33 pm

I looked at one of the "environmental" reports done in connection with the new Master Plan for the Airport, and it didn't even mention the issue of noise impacts on the neighborhood. What a joke.

NO AIRPORT EXPANSION. NO HOW. NO WAY.

Jackster
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Jackster » Oct Mon 31, 2005 3:35 pm

A waste of money, too. $363k for a consultant to say "No Problem, just go ahead and build it" like it always goes in this Town.

Get ready for the "experts" to testify how many decibels a turtle can take before it goes deaf.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Oct Mon 31, 2005 11:50 pm

Jackster wrote:A waste of money, too. $363k for a consultant to say "No Problem, just go ahead and build it" like it always goes in this Town.

Get ready for the "experts" to testify how many decibels a turtle can take before it goes deaf.
Good points. There is a need to watch what consultants are doing the environmental review and those involved in the actual planning and supervision of the upgrades and expansion.

It is also important to be wary of 'opposition management' tactics - like what occurred/ is occurring in the Beacon 40B fight.

Kurt Schluter
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Kurt Schluter » Nov Tue 01, 2005 9:31 pm

If interested, investigate who these consultants are and thier backgrounds. It could be interesting. Don't know these ones but have dealt with other consultants with "connections". Follow the money.
Make America Great Again!
Trump/Pence 2016

Ursa Major
Resident
Resident

Post by Ursa Major » Nov Tue 01, 2005 11:28 pm

Here is a web site with some info.More information will be availible,when available.

http://www.marshfieldairport.com

seamróg
Tourist
Tourist

Re: The City of Marshfield Jetport

Post by seamróg » Nov Wed 02, 2005 9:43 am

Jackster wrote:from WATD:
Marshfield Airport Wins Grant
The Marshfield Airport has been awarded a grant to conduct an Environmental Impact Report. The $363,000 dollar grant will be devoted to devising the most environmentally friendly ways to expand the airport, located just off Ocean Drive. Several projects, including runway extension, are planned to take place pending the outcome of the report. The grant is part of a statewide program supported by the Aeronautics Commission to assist 42 public use airports. The environmental review is expected to begin within a year
In future news, Aerosmith jet crashes into highrise apartment. Story at 11, 2007.
This is ridiculous. I called to inquire about a plane flying erratically a couple years ago and the kid that answered stated that they did not have flight logs! He had no idea who it was! The airport has never been a good neighbor. My buddy called on a separate occasion about planes diving over his house (near the airport) and they said these are stunt pilots practicing.. What a great feeling when your kids are out playing in the yard.

The people who use the airport road are always speeding and snub their noses as they pass the neighbors. This airport has no security (that has ever been visible). Why is the town supporting a possible security threat, a noise and environmental polluter, and an unfriendly neighbor?

If people like Steve Tyler are driving this expansion “ and if youre reading this ST“ go to Logan and stay out of our backyard. Maybe we could relocate the runway to your compound on Summer Street.

Anti-Hero
Resident
Resident

Post by Anti-Hero » Nov Wed 02, 2005 11:51 am

That place is a joke. They have been pulling some shady stuff with the people who own hangers. I say level it and build a mega Keno complex, with couches, beds, lazyboys, full kitchen, and toilets, that way people can scratch tickets all day, and live, eat, sleep, and shyt keno.
God's famous reluctance to appear.

Jackster
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Jackster » Nov Wed 02, 2005 12:16 pm

Where is F. Lee Bailey when you need him? :wink:

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Nov Wed 02, 2005 12:35 pm

Jackster were you around when he lived here and had his own helicopter pad next to his house?The neighbors complained about the noise and he had to use the airport!!LOL!!

<JGB>

Post by <JGB> » Nov Wed 02, 2005 1:28 pm

Jacks, Cars

Way before my time¦but was that the place off of Pine Street¦Earldor Circle/Road or something like that?

Heard stories. :shock:

JGB

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Nov Wed 02, 2005 1:30 pm

Yes,your right JB!Last I knew it was still there but I haven't been that neck of the woods in a LONG while! :wink:

<JGB>

Post by <JGB> » Nov Wed 02, 2005 1:38 pm

Thanks Carson,

I used to live over in that "neck of the woods" a couple years back. I heard about it through neighbors that were around at the time. I wasn't exactly sure if it was actually true...but I guess so.

JGB

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Nov Wed 02, 2005 1:46 pm

Whatever you hear is true and then some!My next door neighbors were friends with them as they both owned planes and flew out of Marshfield.They would attend parties at Baily's house and tell how they would decorate their indoor pool to fit the occasions!I thought that was really something because I never heard of anyone having an INDOOR pool at the time! :wink:

Jackster
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Jackster » Nov Wed 02, 2005 3:25 pm

Word is that Bailey tried and failed to get a runway expansion at the airport.

Earl Jr
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Earl Jr » Nov Wed 02, 2005 4:12 pm

How does that guy sleep at night!

God Bless Our Troops

Jackster
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Jackster » Nov Wed 02, 2005 4:15 pm

Probably very well thanks to OJ :wink:

Earl Jr
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Earl Jr » Nov Wed 02, 2005 4:39 pm

That's exactly what I meant!

God Bless Our Troops

Hurricane
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Hurricane » Nov Wed 02, 2005 4:53 pm

He probably doesn't sleep too well since he had his own legal problems and got dis-barred and lost alot of money in the process.

Not to mention Jail time and the embarrassment.
"Clipper" will always be in my Heart !!

Earl Jr
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Earl Jr » Nov Wed 02, 2005 5:21 pm

I was just talking about him being on the team that got freedom for a murderer!

God Bless Our Troops

Green Acres
Resident
Resident

Post by Green Acres » Nov Wed 02, 2005 10:07 pm

The planned expansion of the airport is another example of the Regime's disdain and lack of concern for the well being of the residents of the beach community. They have gone ahead and made plans to expand an airport in the middle of a residential area WITHOUT PUBLIC INPUT INTO THE ISSUE. The neighbors should have been notified of the planned expansion. We should have had an opportunity to express our concerns. But no, its done in virtual secrecy.

The airport is causing noise pollution in the Rexhame/Fieldston/ beach area. There are now jets taking off from there at all hours. During the summer the planes fly so low over my rooftop that they frighten me. I am constantly interrupted when trying to have a conversation or talk on the phone because the airplane noise is so loud during the summer.

The airport diminishes the quality of life for residents of the beach area. For Clifford and the BOS to now embark on an expansion of the airport without even having a hearing to consider the noise concerns of the residents is another kick in the teeth, and another reason why the Regime HAS GOT TO GO!!!!!!!

The question asked above about why the town hall would support the expansion of the airport is a good one. The town does not get any revenues from the airport. Although there is a lease to a private airport operator, the revenues from the lease do not go into the town coffers. Because the airport has accepted federal grants, the town is required to re-invest the revenues under the lease back into the operation and maintenence of the airport. So the taxpayers get zero benefit from this airport, while the taxpayers living in the area must suffer the stress and unpleasantness of worsening noise pollution.

What gives???

Kanga
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Kanga » Nov Wed 02, 2005 10:34 pm

Green Acres wrote:The planned expansion of the airport is another example of the Regime's disdain and lack of concern for the well being of the residents of the beach community.

For Clifford and the BOS to now embark on an expansion of the airport without even having a hearing to consider the noise concerns of the residents is another kick in the teeth, and another reason why the Regime HAS GOT TO GO!!!!!!!

The question asked above about why the town hall would support the expansion of the airport is a good one.
:roll:

Clifford and the BOS have nothing to do with this.

They would not be the parties to host a hearing on this.

They have not taken a position for or against it, that I am aware of.

Green Acres
Resident
Resident

Post by Green Acres » Nov Wed 02, 2005 10:45 pm

Kanga,

Wrong again. The selectmen are the "owners" of the airport on behalf of the town. They asserted this during the Beacon litigation. When I tried to do research on the airport expansion I was told that I had to go through the selectmen's office and the town administrator.

There is no way the expansion would be going forward without their approval. The Master Plan for the expansion has already been submitted to the state.

It is outrageous that this would be going forward WITHOUT A PUBLIC HEARING BY THE SELECTMEN.
Last edited by Green Acres on Dec Fri 02, 2005 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Green Acres
Resident
Resident

Post by Green Acres » Nov Wed 02, 2005 10:54 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

THE SELECTMEN NEED TO HOLD A PUBLIC HEARING FOR THE NEIGHBORHOOD ON THE AIRPORT EXPANSION AND THE NOISE POLLUTION PROBLEMS. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Kanga
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Kanga » Nov Thu 03, 2005 6:53 am

Maryanne

It's Kanga, not Kathryn

We all know your dislike of them clouds your judgement, and motivates you to say ANYTHING no matter howw false or misleading in an attempt to discredit them.

That is why I feel it is important to point that no, they do not, the air port commission does.

Also Maryanne, We will all accept your lack of a response to my correction of their public position on the matter as an acknowledgementt that was too just another one of your misleading statements.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Nov Thu 03, 2005 8:44 am

Kanga wrote:Maryanne

It's Kanga, not Kathryn

We all know your dislike of them clouds your judgement, and motivates you to say ANYTHING no matter howw false or misleading in an attempt to discredit them.

That is why I feel it is important to point that no, they do not, the air port commission does.

Also Maryanne, We will all accept your lack of a response to my correction of their public position on the matter as an acknowledgementt that was too just another one of your misleading statements.
O-K, Kanga. Please tell us, if you know, who calls the shots on airport expansion and operation. Do you think that the public should have input on what happens to and at the airport - or are they a sovereign mini-state?

Ichiban
Tourist
Tourist

Post by Ichiban » Nov Thu 03, 2005 5:11 pm

True to form, Jo-Jo and Greenie... You admit that you have no idea who "calls the shots" on airport matters, but you're happy to forge ahead, guns a blazin', firing both barrels at the Selectman. I'll award the two of you bonus points for consistency.